not looking good for ktp

How many you guys/gals buildin a day?

Our schedule is 813 Units Per Shift, we sometimes build about 825-830 in a 10 hour shift.

In all, we run about 6500 units between the two shifts each week if everything runs well.

Since we are dropping tag relief in trim, i would guess our schedule will be in the neighborhood of 732 per shift starting Monday.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our schedule is 813 Units Per Shift, we sometimes build about 825-830 in a 10 hour shift.

In all, we run about 6500 units between the two shifts each week if everything runs well.

Since we are dropping tag relief in trim, i would guess our schedule will be in the neighborhood of 732 per shift starting Monday.

We were told today that when we cut back to one shift line speed in final will be slowed down in order for paint/body to keep up without working OT.

Was told today that if we went back to one shift that layoff would go back to April 1995.

Local 862 members. Should we lose a shift lets keep in mind that there will be several varibles in place to keep as many people there as we can. As for a shift being already gone, well it could very well be. What can you do about it? Not a damn thing. Just keep your fingers crossed that things get better sooner than later.

The cut-off date for Senority, who the hell really knows for sure? I am sure there is a date but too many things could change where it actually falls. So far I have heard 4/95, 5/95, 6/95, 9/95, 11/95 and some where in 1998.

Before the last round of buyouts we had almost 4000 people so figure 1400 to 1800 people will lose their jobs. Keep in mind that at least 300 people signed up for the last round of buy-outs and the last of them to leave will be June 1.

Slowing the line down is a gimme. We are not selling the trucks so why build more than you need. If you can see a bright side to all of this, then I will say for me the bright side is my body will have a chance to heal. I will get to spend time with the family and get to know them all over again. I will miss the people I worked with but the quality time with the wife and kids will be a dream come true.

God speed to all who have to stay.

Before the last round of buyouts we had almost 4000 people so figure 1400 to 1800 people will lose their jobs. Keep in mind that at least 300 people signed up for the last round of buy-outs and the last of them to leave will be June 1.

I have a friend that works in stock and he took the buyout but is not scheduled to leave until he turns 50 in December. Not all buyouts will be gone by June 1. :sos:

Local 862 members. Should we lose a shift lets keep in mind that there will be several varibles in place to keep as many people there as we can. As for a shift being already gone, well it could very well be. What can you do about it? Not a damn thing. Just keep your fingers crossed that things get better sooner than later.

The cut-off date for Senority, who the hell really knows for sure? I am sure there is a date but too many things could change where it actually falls. So far I have heard 4/95, 5/95, 6/95, 9/95, 11/95 and some where in 1998.

Slowing the line down is a gimme. We are not selling the trucks so why build more than you need. If you can see a bright side to all of this, then I will say for me the bright side is my body will have a chance to heal. I will get to spend time with the family and get to know them all over again. I will miss the people I worked with but the quality time with the wife and kids will be a dream come true.

God speed to all who have to stay.

I thought that last year the state of KY made a deal with Ford for some tax credits. I thought one of the provisions for the deal was that KTP had to have 3,600 employed or some number like that. But then again, deals are meant to be broken. Just food for thought.

I thought that last year the state of KY made a deal with Ford for some tax credits. I thought one of the provisions for the deal was that KTP had to have 3,600 employed or some number like that. But then again, deals are meant to be broken. Just food for thought.

The state did. I found this link to the bill of 2007 but I didnt see any specifics on dates.

http://www.kentuckyvotes.org/2007-HB-536 :stats:

Those deals are to KEEP work here instead of being moved to another plant.

If the demand slows for the vehicles we are building,neither Ford or the City of Louisville has control on the demand side of the equation.

damn i have to go in the hospital for a week and everything falls apart,shit.well of course youre right rc they gauranteed the product not the demand for it. everyone should remember that this is the auto industry after all and it is volatile.anyone who hired in expecting to not get laid off,that there wouldnt be hard times was fooling themselves and themselves only.i guess the bright side if there is one is that this wasnt part of some threat from the company,some demand for more concessions.this is beyond their control and ours and when fuel prices come back around to reason we will likely be busier than ever

damn i have to go in the hospital for a week and everything falls apart,shit.well of course youre right rc they gauranteed the product not the demand for it. everyone should remember that this is the auto industry after all and it is volatile.anyone who hired in expecting to not get laid off,that there wouldnt be hard times was fooling themselves and themselves only.i guess the bright side if there is one is that this wasnt part of some threat from the company,some demand for more concessions.this is beyond their control and ours and when fuel prices come back around to reason we will likely be busier than ever

Gunnut, appreciate the optimism, but who believes fuel prices are going to come around? I think this is the most common misconception. What you see is what you get and probably worse, unfortunately.

Gunnut, appreciate the optimism, but who believes fuel prices are going to come around? I think this is the most common misconception. What you see is what you get and probably worse, unfortunately.

Fuel prices will never drop as long as the oil companies keep having their double digit billion dollar profit quarters. Once they get to the next dollar amount ie($4.00) it will never go down. Don't get me wrong I think every company has the right to make a profit, but 7 to 10 billion dollars a quarter is just way to much :rant: . I wouldn't mind if they used the money to develop newer fuels to break the oil dependency.

Edited by JLC2301

food for thought=> :stirpot:

Now I'm not hoping for this nor do I wish to start anything, but if Ford has 2 plants in the same town running 1 shift each WHY would they keep both open when they could run both products at the same plant? If sales were to increase on a product they could work OT or add a shift for that product. I don't know much about LAP, but KTP already has 2 lines, a stamping plant, a new flex bodyshop, and room to grow. I hope both plants can survive these difficult times, w/ LAP getting a new product and KTP's SD sale increasing but like all others who knows. The only thing I do know is the city of Louisville couldn't survive another hit from Ford.

food for thought=> :stirpot:

Now I'm not hoping for this nor do I wish to start anything, but if Ford has 2 plants in the same town running 1 shift each WHY would they keep both open when they could run both products at the same plant? If sales were to increase on a product they could work OT or add a shift for that product. I don't know much about LAP, but KTP already has 2 lines, a stamping plant, a new flex bodyshop, and room to grow. I hope both plants can survive these difficult times, w/ LAP getting a new product and KTP's SD sale increasing but like all others who knows. The only thing I do know is the city of Louisville couldn't survive another hit from Ford.

The City of Louisville has been running off companies for years. Louisville has high taxes, un-fair pollution laws, and an out-dated infrasrucutre.

QUOTE (ky862 @ May 12 2008, 02:02 AM)

food for thought=>

The City of Louisville has been running off companies for years. Louisville has high taxes, un-fair pollution laws, and an out-dated infrasrucutre.

oompanies have the City of Louisville for various reasons, includeing taxes. They also have left due to the demand of their product. The un-fair pollution laws, I just do not see that. I believe they stopped the emissions program some time ago. For the out of date infrastructre, that is so out of date to think that. The City of Louisville has been improving their infrastructre for the last 30 years.

As for moveing both plants into one area, yes it would make sense but when does Ford ever make sense. There is plenty of room at KTP for both products but it will still need more room to work. We only have two frame lines and two chassis lines. All the other departments only run one line. It can be done but there will be big problems and as of right now I am sure Ford dosen't want to even think about combineing the two as of yet. I am not saying it can't happen.

yeah,well i just cant think like that. the reason being that history shows its not true.if you look at the events of the not so distant past these things have come and gone before.the causes are different now so who knows? i agree that it will probably get worse before it gets better but it will get better.while many people blame this on oil profits,oil men in govt.(john kerry,and even the kennedies have massive oil holdings too,but whos counting?)etc. lets not forget that many on the side of "green" are awfully glad this is happening,thinking this will force the next energy breakthrough,and it may. problem is that still leaves us out in the cold. dont forget there is no oil shortage.this can be fixed. til then im gonna keep hoping for the best,and only drive my super duty when i have to.if you are right and this is the end,well.......i got by pretty well before ford.there will be adjustments to make,but worse things can happen to ya.best wishes to all of us.

yeah,well i just cant think like that. the reason being that history shows its not true.if you look at the events of the not so distant past these things have come and gone before.the causes are different now so who knows? i agree that it will probably get worse before it gets better but it will get better.while many people blame this on oil profits,oil men in govt.(john kerry,and even the kennedies have massive oil holdings too,but whos counting?)etc. lets not forget that many on the side of "green" are awfully glad this is happening,thinking this will force the next energy breakthrough,and it may. problem is that still leaves us out in the cold. dont forget there is no oil shortage.this can be fixed. til then im gonna keep hoping for the best,and only drive my super duty when i have to.if you are right and this is the end,well.......i got by pretty well before ford.there will be adjustments to make,but worse things can happen to ya.best wishes to all of us.

Good post Gunnut. You know, people sometimes forget that they lived a life before Ford. Others get so tied up in their lives at Ford, that nothing else matters. I agree with you that the price of fuel will come down. Just at what price we will be paying is still the question. People get so damn greedy that most do not see the cliff until they fall off.

Now I say that for this simple reason. People keep buying Oil Stock, forceing the price per barrel to rise. After the price per barrel rise's then the Oil Companies has to raise the price of fuel to make the porfits they are makeing. All the while the regular people start to conserve fuel. Sooner than later people stop driving their cars. Due to the fact they can not afford gas.

To make this kinda short, the higher the price of Oil, the higher the price of gas. The higher the price of gas, the faster we stop driveing. The faster we stop driving, the faster the pirce of Oil will drop. The faster the price of Oil drops the faster those Oil people go broke.

The Oil bubble will burst, I just do not when.

What weeks do you guys "normally" take for shut down?The first two or second two weeks in July?Any new info for down weeks on the diesel orders?I know these are scary times, but we all need to stay positive and keep our heads up.Not to preach but there are lots of folks with no work right now, in lots of states, just no jobs available.At least we all have that, and if not we have layoffs with $,and JSP with $, and or transfers to other plants.Stay strong Union brothers and sisters, this too we shall overcome. :rockon:

This may just be wishful thinking, but with our order bank somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 and a total of six weeks off over the next 2 months, whose to say the order's won't be considerably higher after July. I believe that the down weeks will limit the amount of 2008 models left on dealer lots, and at the same time scare the hell out of people to get more buyouts. If they keep this pattern up it won't be long before everyone jumps ship and Ford will have plenty of room to hire $14 per hour workers.

The order bank that you see now is the build out of the 08. Hopefully when we come back on Aug. the 09 order bank will be looking good. Only time will tell. I also agree that it is a scare tactic for the buyouts and to get the 08's off the lots.

The order bank that you see now is the build out of the 08. Hopefully when we come back on Aug. the 09 order bank will be looking good. Only time will tell. I also agree that it is a scare tactic for the buyouts and to get the 08's off the lots.

There's no way that we are going to build 40,000 trucks by shutdown with all the downtime. Order bank was just over 42,000 at the May 6 union meeting. There has to be some early 09 orders in that order bank.

Edited by rc38

There's no way that we are going to build 40,000 trucks by shutdown with all the downtime. Order bank was just over 42,000 at the May 6 union meeting. There has to be some early 09 orders in that order bank.

I heard today that the order bank for the 2009's is only at about 11,000. Also was told that dayshift body will be down a total of 7 weeks in a row (last 2 weeks of June, the 4 weeks in July and the 1st week in Aug). Now the goodie, ONE SHIFT PLANT WIDE BY AUGUST 1, Cutoff date is now to be July 7, 1995!