Why Isn't this engine available?

Oh...now it is a redesign........right......

And, like I have said before, the Flex will have more sales than the Taurus X...why you :cheerleader: keep using that as an argument against me is a mystery...tard.gif

I'll even go as far as to say that had Ford advertised the hell out of the Taurus X for a year or so, and sales still sucked...then yes, it is probably time for some changes.

But the Taurus X hasn't even been out for a YEAR...and Ford is throwing the towel...giving up.

As for the "You are Mr. D3-Should-Burn-In-Hell" remark...whatever you say boss...retard.gif

It's a redesign for all intents and purposes. Same platform, filling a somewhat similar niche in the lineup. Was it really intentionally done that way? No, but you end up with the same result.

The Taurus X is a decent vehicle, but it is bland bland bland bland bland. All of the advertising in the world likely would not have helped it much. Taurus maybe, as bland might go over a bit better with the fullsize sedan crowd. But the X is just an oddball. Not to mention the Flex is larger...and far more upscale - meaning higher transaction prices, which means more money for Ford's bottom line.

I would consider a Flex for a personal vehicle, but wouldn't even look twice at a Taurus X -- I think most people who end up buying a Flex will have that same sentiment.

Edited by NickF1011

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a redesign for all intents and purposes. Same platform, filling a somewhat similar niche in the lineup. Was it really intentionally done that way? No, but you end up with the same result.

The Taurus X is a decent vehicle, but it is bland bland bland bland bland. All of the advertising in the world likely would not have helped it much. Taurus maybe, as bland might go over a bit better with the fullsize sedan crowd. But the X is just an oddball. Not to mention the Flex is larger...and far more upscale - meaning higher transaction prices, which means more money for Ford's bottom line.

I would consider a Flex for a personal vehicle, but wouldn't even look twice at a Taurus X -- I think most people who end up buying a Flex will have that same sentiment.

"Higher transaction prices"...which is a BAD thing considering where our economy is heading.

And per Ford...the exterior dimensions are virtually the same between the two and the Taurus X has more interior room.

"Higher transaction prices"...which is a BAD thing considering where our economy is heading.

And per Ford...the exterior dimensions are virtually the same between the two and the Taurus X has more interior room.

once again...WRONG

once again...WRONG

Yeah...I am so wrong:

..............TX..........Flex

Length 200.3 _ 201.8

Width 74.9 _ 75.9 (without mirrors)

Legroom

Front 40.8 _ 40.8

Second 40.4 _ 44.3

Third 33.4 _ 33.3

Capacity

Rear 15.8 _ 15.0

3rd row down 47 _ 43.2

2nd row down 85.5 _ 83.2

Passenger Volume 146.2 _ 155.8

Yeah...I am so wrong:

..............TX..........Flex

Length 200.3 _ 201.8

Width 74.9 _ 75.9 (without mirrors)

Legroom

Front 40.8 _ 40.8

Second 40.4 _ 44.3

Third 33.4 _ 33.3

Capacity

Rear 15.8 _ 15.0

3rd row down 47 _ 43.2

2nd row down 85.5 _ 83.2

Passenger Volume 146.2 _ 155.8

YOU are the one that said thereis MORE interior room...please...check your OWN figures....the greater of the two numbers corresponds with LARGER.....and half of your figures are WRONG....get an up to date spec sheet not the first one posted on ford Vehicles..........total int volume 160.9 Flex, 155.3 X, ...5 inches more legroom 2nd row...probably due to 5 inch longer wheelbase...and P...didn't realize you had the hots for an X...does this signify a vehicular swap? Bout time

Just got back from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie (GREAT MOVIE!) and noticed that diesel was $1.20 more than gas, $3.99 vs $5.19

More confirmation for Ford that Ecoboost (GDIT) is the way to go.

Edited by jpd80

I guess Toyota and Honda with their traditionally higher transaction prices are in trouble then. All the luxury carmakers will be out of business in 12 months!!

Higher transaction price is the easiest way to weather a storm, assuming the product you are selling is worth the higher price (the Flex seems obviously more valuable than the Taurus X). If you are moving fewer vehicles, you want to maximize profit on those vehicles. Surely, you can't price them TOO high or people will ignore them, but the Flex doesn't appear to be overpriced...it's just a much better package that will command more money than TX.

I guess Toyota and Honda with their traditionally higher transaction prices are in trouble then. All the luxury carmakers will be out of business in 12 months!!

Higher transaction price is the easiest way to weather a storm, assuming the product you are selling is worth the higher price (the Flex seems obviously more valuable than the Taurus X). If you are moving fewer vehicles, you want to maximize profit on those vehicles. Surely, you can't price them TOO high or people will ignore them, but the Flex doesn't appear to be overpriced...it's just a much better package that will command more money than TX.

logic will not calm the P71 tirade...THAT has been proven countless times....

No, Honda and Toyota (why you :cheerleader: keep bring them up, I'll never know...just like the Panthers) have build a solid reputation that will get them through the storm. People have NO problem spending their money on a Honda or Toyota. Ford on the other hand, has nothing. Therefore, people will not be willing to pay 30-40K for a Ford station wagon. Plus, with the housing market in the crapper (right next to DeenH), people will be less likely to spend the money on a not-so-efficient station wagon.

And the Flexible has NOTHING on it that will require it to have a higher price than the Taurus X.

And the Flexible has NOTHING on it that will require it to have a higher price than the Taurus X.

Coming from the guy who has never sat inside one. I'll take Deanh's word on its quality over yours. And why do you think they will all cost $40K? Yes, a LOADED one with every option will push that mark -- but so will several midsize SUV's and minivans which are the Flex's direct competitors.

Wow, where at?

Inglewood (Los Angeles area)

Saw the Indy movie at The Bridge Cinema Delux, Director's Hall with reserved stadium seating and digital projector. It's such a luxury having reserved seats. I remember in the old days of going to Star Trek movies on opening night and having to wait a minimum of three hours in line.

Edited by StevenCaylor

No, Honda and Toyota (why you :cheerleader: keep bring them up, I'll never know...just like the Panthers) have build a solid reputation that will get them through the storm. People have NO problem spending their money on a Honda or Toyota. Ford on the other hand, has nothing. Therefore, people will not be willing to pay 30-40K for a Ford station wagon. Plus, with the housing market in the crapper (right next to DeenH), people will be less likely to spend the money on a not-so-efficient station wagon.

aside from better interior, soft touch everywhere, more comfortable seats, more amenities, quieter ride and drive, vista roofs, upgraded nav, less sublime styling, more profitability to ford, increased sales figures....and finally a vehicle people point at and say "whats that" rather than " I know I parked it here somewhere..."....you are correct p.

Coming from the guy who has never sat inside one. I'll take Deanh's word on its quality over yours. And why do you think they will all cost $40K? Yes, a LOADED one with every option will push that mark -- but so will several midsize SUV's and minivans which are the Flex's direct competitors.

base sticker SE WITH D & D is just under 29 MSRP. Loaded AWD Limited I just ordered for a buddy replacing a Q7 ( interesting no? ) $43740.....that IS rather a large leap...but LOADED Limited WITH AWD, nav, roof, trailer tow and entertainment system. base Limited w AWD is around 37300ish.

Edited by Deanh

....and finally a vehicle people point at and say "whats that" rather than " I know I parked it here somewhere...

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think the looks alone will bring people to the Flex... it definitely gets people's attention!

We just found out recently our next bun is in the oven. So I'll be keeping the minivan

for another few years. :o Otherwise, the Flex was at the top of my list! :huh:

You guys haven't really discussed something about the diesel engine first mentioned here...

even though diesel will give better mileage (that is nearly offset by the price per gallon), there

are two other reasons to stay away from one if you don't need one.

First: Maintenance costs. Diesel mechanics are nowhere near as common as gasoline mechanics,

so you'd basically be limiting your options (and their competition!).

Second: Diesel is carcinogenic. No matter how 'scrubbed' it is, the soot is still carcinogenic

(moreso than gasoline of course.) If I find a recent medical article I'll post it.

Ecoboost seems like the best choice for cars until full electrics can sustain viability.

Edited by joihan777

Just got back from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie (GREAT MOVIE!) and noticed that diesel was $1.20 more than gas, $3.99 vs $5.19

Jeez, this is getting rediculous. Went by the same station today (24 hours later) and gas is $4.05 and diesel is $5.29, a spread of $1.24. It seems the prices go up every day.

Jeez, this is getting rediculous. Went by the same station today (24 hours later) and gas is $4.05 and diesel is $5.29, a spread of $1.24. It seems the prices go up every day.

Stop complaining, gasoline is still cheap.:)

In Australia petrol is $1.50/litre and is predicted to be $2.00/litre by Christmas - US$7.50/gal

Diesel is $1.70/litre and expected to be $2.20/litre by the too - US$8.25/gal.