FLEX ON FORD WEBSITE !!

Currently I have an 06 Explorer Eddie Baur that came out to a total of $44,000 and that's not even the high end model. I charted out my perfect flex at 41,300 which is way under my explorer's price. I know the flex isn't cheap but you HAVE to factor in all the amazing class-exclusive features you're getting!

Edited by MikeSgagz

$41,695 the way i would want it with money no option (Limited, reclining rear seats, fridge, LED, HID, DVD Nav, Vista roof, 19s black with a silver roof)

$34,455 with a more realistic budget in mind. Not bad. (SEL, Leather, HID, LED, Sync, black with silver roof, 18in wheels)

Thats what i think most buyers will do when they look at it. They might want the Limited with all the bells and whistles, but they will pick and choose to see what they can afford instead. Would i be any less happy with the SEL optioned how i did? not at all. I dont think most buyers will be either.

Edited by Sixt9coug

I wonder if the Flex limited comes with stuff you can't get on the SEL like on the Taurus (no adjustable rear headrests or dash clock on Taurus SEL)

The one I like came to $40,985! That's as much as my Expedition EL!

Would you prefer to spend $40,000 on a Honda Odyssey? I can't believe how much a premium family hauler costs either, but from what I've seen the top of the line Flexes look the price.

Currently I have an 06 Explorer Eddie Baur that came out to a total of $44,000 and that's not even the high end model. I charted out my perfect flex at 41,300 which is way under my explorer's price. I know the flex isn't cheap but you HAVE to factor in all the amazing class-exclusive features you're getting!

Yikes! My bro and his wife picked up an '08 Explorer EB with just about everything but Navigation and a V8 and it came in under $33K off the lot. Amazing what a couple of years of horrible SUV sales will do to prices. That was less than they paid for their Explorer XLT a few years earlier.

so basically they are forcing people to more expensive models with "late availability" options - they are also probably significantly reducing the number of build combinations.

It is pricey, but so is everything else in its class - and the Flex offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Igor

so basically they are forcing people to more expensive models with "late availability" options - they are also probably significantly reducing the number of build combinations.

It is pricey, but so is everything else in its class - and the Flex offers a lot of bang for the buck.

Igor

don't think there is any force or conspiracy theories involved, may be commodity constraints......

Yeah. If you only get so many Nav systems this year, why make them available across SEL & LTD models? Why not restrict them to LTD?

makes perfect sense ( if indeed it is a reflection of availability )...people that buy the Limiteds will probably want EVERYTHING..........just like the Limited Edges....have only seen a couple sans nav....remember also the Flexs nav includes a backup camera and is pretty spendy...

Edited by Deanh

Smokin' deal on the Expy huh?

I don't remember what the sticker price was, but I paid invoice (which was right at $40,000) price plus a I got a small rebate. Not a bad deal at the time. There's much better deals to be made today though. I doubt I will be able to buy a loaded Flex at invoice, at least the first 6 months or so...