Ford releases FLEX Ad

igor

VIDEO LINK: http://media.ford.com/digital/video/flex_tv.wmv

PR:

FORD FLEX MARKETING AS STYLISH AS NEW VEHICLE

The new 2009 Ford Flex's unique, multi-faceted marketing campaign launches this weekend

:: Click Image Above for More Photos ::

* The new 2009 Ford Flex marketing campaign launches this weekend with creative executions as unique as the vehicle itself.

* Ford teamed up with award-winning director Mark Romanek and up-and-coming musical artist Santogold to create television ads that celebrate Flex's individuality.

* With its signature side grooves, all-black glass area and distinctive two-tone roof, Flex is like no other vehicle on the road.

MORE HERE: http://media.ford.com/products/press_artic...D4E4BFC0F9A5EB0

Igor

Edited by igor

I have to say - with the MKS ad and now this - Farley is showing its talent - and I am liking every bit of it .. FINALLY

and FINALLY - Ford NA is using the blue-orange theme Ford has been using other markets .. and finally no apologies, not boring details .. just the car .. much like Ford did with the Canadian ads for the Edge (but did not dare to release in US:

Igor

Edited by igor

I have to say - with the MKS ad and now this - Fields is showing its talent - and I am liking every bit of it .. FINALLY

and FINALLY - Ford NA is using the blue-orange theme Ford has been using other markets .. and finally no apologies, not boring details .. just the car .. much like Ford did with the Canadian ads for the Edge (but did not dare to release in US:

Igor

Fields or Farley? or both? Maybe Ford only hired them because their last names started with F, you know, to keep up the naming convention.

Good ad though. Very "hip", you might say.

Fields or Farley? or both? Maybe Ford only hired them because their last names started with F, you know, to keep up the naming convention.

Good ad though. Very "hip", you might say.

oops --- Farley of course - fixed it.

Igor

Well done ad in my opinion. You never get a good look at the flex and IMHO that is a good thing...

I still cannot stand the styling, but that is also a good thing in that people seem to like styling that I really hate...

I guess at 40 something, I am way outside the target market anyway...

Well done ad in my opinion. You never get a good look at the flex and IMHO that is a good thing...

I still cannot stand the styling, but that is also a good thing in that people seem to like styling that I really hate...

I guess at 40 something, I am way outside the target market anyway...

:hysterical: with you on all counts. I was thinking about this and the Focus debate the other day, and its an old truism that a polarizing design is usually a good way to gain loyal buyers for a new car.

Look at the Aztec fans. The single ugliest car ever built, and yet those that own one are so die hard its scary.

As to this, good on Ford to launch the car as an addendum to a lifestyle, not a creator of one. The big boxy look is not its strongest suit, but the interior size and economy are. A hybrid will kill sales of a lot of the competitors if they can get it done, but I am pretty sure this thing will sell in good healthy numbers even without.

Good job Ford, use the momentum!!

And please don't pander to the women, they are so much more sophisticated these days about motor shopping. I figure that this might finally be the product that makes the female lead buyer in the family the norm, not the niche.

What a horrible commercial!! This crossover deserves the 'divorced family' treatment with a bit of spice, because it worked so well for the Freestyle/Taurus X.

In all seriousness, this commercial in conjunction with the MKS is a sigh of relief. Ford ads have sucked big time, and it's nice to see that they are not only eye catching they feature somewhat upbeat music.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I have to say - with the MKS ad and now this - Farley is showing its talent - and I am liking every bit of it .. FINALLY

Igor

Does anybody have a link to this MKS ad? I'd like to see it.

It's unusual for Ford to advertise vehicle not shipped yet. This must be the new Ford. I think it's a good move. Usually Ford will wait until decent supply of product in on dealer lots before doing any advertising at all.

IIRC, didn't Ford do the same thing with the Edge? Maybe not, but I seem to remember people coming to look at Edge's and they weren't there yet. Maybe it was just a supply issue.

A fairly conventional ad, nothing exciting here. It is interested to see the ad targeting a youthful urban crowd as opposed to the classic minivan soccer Mom crowd.

I am disappointed in the ad since it's white noise, meaningless visual imagery and innocuous DJ music. I want to see something with a bit more kick.