How BMW really feels about Audi

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080609.017/bm...but-not-audi-q5

and I quote......

"A typical BMW customer is not going to move down to a Q5. There is more chance that they would go for something like a GLK. Just because Audi will price the car in the premium segment does not make it a premium vehicle," the spokesman said.

:hysterical:

Oh and for ML, look more vehicles being introduced that aren't diesels nor do they get 35 MPG combined. On top of it all they are CUVs

Has anyone seen the Audi A5? Holy smokes, that car looks hot, has space, and isn't driven by sorority girls. :reading:

i couldn't agree more...im not into any imports but that car had my eyes trapped the first time i saw it....As much of a Ford fan that i am i wouldnt mind one of those

Has anyone seen the Audi A5? Holy smokes, that car looks hot, has space, and isn't driven by sorority girls. :reading:

Those A5's are great looking. Audi is coming out with some great stuff...

Audi-A5-2-lg.jpg

audi-s5.jpg

I don't know if you've seen one of these but they look AMAZING!

audi_r8_001-copy.jpg

Edited by rmc523

The primary issue that I have with Audi these days would be their current engine lineup. The 2.0T, IMHO, is a great engine and has a great after market support/following. The 3.2 on the other hand, while no slouch, deserves a slight bump in displacement. The other major issue that I have with Audi, is the S/RS lineup. The price points that these vehicles occupy are a bit stiff, while not really uping the ante from a performance stand point.

Agreed, the A5 is a beautiful car. I saw one the other night for the first time. Striking design. I will say this though, if you buy an Audi, be prepared for plenty of 4 digit repair bills. Audi dealers and others who fix them pull no punches. The parts are astronimical and the labor isn't much better. Definitely a manufacturer NOT for the faint of wallet.

Agreed, the A5 is a beautiful car. I saw one the other night for the first time. Striking design. I will say this though, if you buy an Audi, be prepared for plenty of 4 digit repair bills. Audi dealers and others who fix them pull no punches. The parts are astronimical and the labor isn't much better. Definitely a manufacturer NOT for the faint of wallet.

owned several audis...great cars...audi interior is far far superior to bmw..i detect bmw is jealous....if you ever get the chance to own an audi..get the quattro..it is wonderful

One advantage of BMW.....$0 maintenance bill for 4 years/50,000 miles.

Look out though after that warranty is done. I had a 3 series in '00. Honestly the best car I've ever owned in my opinion, but when the stealership quoted me almost $2,000 for a brake job I immediately bought the extended warranty for $500 and then sold the car out of sheer fear not that long after. It may have been a mistake in hinesight but if brakes were that much, imagine what serious stuff would be.

and wait till its over.....$160 oil changes are chump change compared with some of the other expected maintenence..... :shades:

Yeah, if you only have your car serviced by BMW....I would imagine most owners cut and run from dealer service as soon as the warranty expires, as most car owners do. With the high lease rate on BMW's, it's not much of a concern for a lot of their customers.

Yeah, if you only have your car serviced by BMW....I would imagine most owners cut and run from dealer service as soon as the warranty expires, as most car owners do. With the high lease rate on BMW's, it's not much of a concern for a lot of their customers.

not me , i keep my cars...and the $160 applies to the Mini as well...RAPE AND PILLAGE!

not me , i keep my cars...and the $160 applies to the Mini as well...RAPE AND PILLAGE!

wow, i just bought 5 quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic 5w20 this weekend at Autozone WITH a Mobil 1 filter for $28 and changed the oil in the Ranger. That included tax too.

Yeah and run flats aint cheap.

That said, I would think that the logical replacement for the G would probably be a BMW. We didn't make the plunge this time around because the other half moaned about iDrive.

Honestly I don't see the big deal about iDrive (nothing against your wife of course). Maybe earlier systems were less intuitive, but I don't have a problem with it at all. I actually find it very easy and/or logical to use.

Edited by rmc523

$160 to change the oil on a Mini? Won't the Chrysler dealer do it for $35? It's their engine after all (or did they finally shitcan that Brazilian I4?). :)

befuddles me...I know it takes synthetic...must get a shop manual MYSELF, see if there are any "tricks" as such...

Look out though after that warranty is done. I had a 3 series in '00. Honestly the best car I've ever owned in my opinion, but when the stealership quoted me almost $2,000 for a brake job I immediately bought the extended warranty for $500 and then sold the car out of sheer fear not that long after. It may have been a mistake in hindsight but if brakes were that much, imagine what serious stuff would be.

Sounds like my 2000 S4 -- 3 years and $26,000 in warranty repairs sold 5 days before the warranty expired. Best car I ever owned/drove; when it was all running right that is which wasn't very often.

Sounds like my 2000 S4 -- 3 years and $26,000 in warranty repairs sold 5 days before the warranty expired. Best car I ever owned/drove; when it was all running right that is which wasn't very often.

I have 96k on my 01 right now so I am expecting the Turbo's, Clutch and a few sensors to die any day now.

and wait till its over.....$160 oil changes are chump change compared with some of the other expected maintenence..... :shades:

Check the intervals though, many BMW products go 12-14k per oil change. Personally I think Audi's age terribly, even worse then BMW's. Either way, just lease them and you're fine.

Check the intervals though, many BMW products go 12-14k per oil change. Personally I think Audi's age terribly, even worse then BMW's. Either way, just lease them and you're fine.

prefer a phase of no payments...refuse to be burdened with never ending payments for the rest of my :adult?????" life.......and its 10k oil changes...Ford has upped to 7500 and is STILL 1/4 of THOSE prices.....

Yes, but they'll still go the same 12-14K if you change it yourself for 1/4 of the price. :)