Where are the Taurus spyshots?

wildosvt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit, it looks nearly identical to the Mondeo!

Not in my eyes. It has a Mondeo like styling, but they don't look nearly identical.

2010tuarushl.jpg

ford-modeo.jpg

Sorry, Furious, I'm gonna have to go with SUV on this one....I definitely see a Mondeo influence in the Taurus' design, but I would surely not go as far to say they're "nearly identical."

Yeah they should base it on the Cortina

If you say so.

Simply brilliant

In the Sixties and Seventies, Ford's Cortina broke almost every record. It was the firm's fastest-selling model and it won saloon car races all around the world.

Ford waiting. The Cortina dominated the business category like no other model, before or since. No wonder the motor industry invented a new category to talk about and design for - they called it the "Cortina class". In Britain, there were times when one in every six new cars sold was a Cortina.

It was Britain's best-seller from day one - the first million took less than four years to build, and in the best year of all, 1979, nearly 200,000 found a home in Britain alone. Focus is the UK No1 last year with just over a 100,000 sales, with twice the amount of new cars sales now compared to back then, Sierra followed by the Mondeo that can't make the UK's top ten let alone No1 spot in the UK these days it is a let down.

The Cortina philosophy, quite simply, was to offer space, comfort, simplicity and easy-to-service reliability, all at the lowest cost.

Cortina success helped to sweep Ford to the top of British sales charts in that decade, a position that it has never lost.

Today's Ford salespeople would no doubt love to repeat that sort of fame, but as the blue oval no longer produces cars at Dagenham, or indeed in Britain, that looks unlikely. Even now, two decades after the last Cortina rolled off the production line, it has no rival.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.j...0/emfcort21.xml

Ford should kept have the Classic Cortina's boxy shape and carried it on to look more like the Mercedes 190 & 280.

Mondeo has become a irrelevant non entity with better quality cars some at a fraction of the price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ML_CCMjhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEn3LcOB7s8&NR=1

Sorry, Furious, I'm gonna have to go with SUV on this one....I definitely see a Mondeo influence in the Taurus' design, but I would surely not go as far to say they're "nearly identical."

I didn't say it was identical, I said nearly identical. Different grille, different lower front facia, same body lines. I also did not say the Mondeo was a an unatractive piece of work. What I was suggesting was that we don't even know if that blurry pic is of a Taurus, or some Mondeo concept variant.

Can you prove it is of a Taurus concept? I reast my case!

I didn't say it was identical, I said nearly identical. Different grille, different lower front facia, same body lines. I also did not say the Mondeo was a an unatractive piece of work. What I was suggesting was that we don't even know if that blurry pic is of a Taurus, or some Mondeo concept variant.

Those are not the same body lines, and I can almost guarantee that the rear of the Taurus is different as well. Body lines on the Taurus seem to share commonality with the Edge.

Edited by suv_guy_19

No I can't prove it's a Taurus concept, but can you prove it's a Mondeo concept?

If you say so.

Mondeo that can't make the UK's top ten let alone No1 spot in the UK these days it is a let down.

May 2008 UK - These were the top 10 selling models in May 2008:

1. Ford Focus2. Vauxhall Corsa3. Vauxhall Astra4. Ford Fiesta5. Volkswagen Golf6. Peugeot 2077. Vauxhall Zafira8. Vauxhall Vectra9. BMW 3 Series10. Ford Mondeo

http://www.motorstoday.co.uk/HIGH-FUEL-PRI...-SALES.640.news

Thats great new the Mondeo makes it to No10 gotta say l am impressed for once thing are looking up l won't say another thing about its under performing and letting Ford down.

Cortina 200,000 sales record may not fall soon, but well done Mondeo number 10 thats magic.

10. Ford Mondeo:

Ford's Vectra rival continues to be popular with British motorists, sales for May totalled 3,709.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/gallerie...es/browse/59392

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

No I can't prove it's a Taurus concept, but can you prove it's a Mondeo concept?

Now I'm setting you to task, prove it!

SUV GUY, you obviously are not looking at the pics, look at the shape of the headlights, and the midship body line. the only difference in the body is the roof line near the rear! Stay in school college boy!

Now I'm setting you to task, prove it!

SUV GUY, you obviously are not looking at the pics, look at the shape of the headlights, and the midship body line. the only difference in the body is the roof line near the rear! Stay in school college boy!

I don't wanna argue with you, I know they're similar, and I know they're different. Let's just wait and see what it really is.

I don't wanna argue with you, I know they're similar, and I know they're different. Let's just wait and see what it really is.

When it comes to being the world global which car will win a Mondeo/Taurus with a four bar grill or a Mondeo/Taurus with a cheese grater grill, l can see a massive power struggle on what grille will be fixed to the front of its global car.

My vote would be for a Taurus grill as it bought tears to Alan Mulally's eyes when he looked at it, l don't think he is that emotional when he looks at a Mondeo..... I am still stunned Mondeo No 10 in the UK that amazing with 3709 sales.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/gallerie...les/large/59392

143638_020702cren.jpg

That is shocking to see a BMW outselling the Mondeo.

143638_020702cren.jpg

It's still amazing that the Mondeo has made it to No10 in the UK with 3709 sales it may still be behind the BMW and GM's Vauxhall Vectra which are in the same class but to make it back into the UK top 10 is brilliant news l can see it passing them both as we buy more Mondeo's than any other country in Europe we are it's biggest market.

UK Top 10 (for May)

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/gallerie...es/browse/59392

BMW 3 series has been out selling the Mondeo for donkey's year in Europe, the Mondeo still does not make European Top 10 Best selling cars, the BMW 3 series is at 10 in Europe but would love to know how far behind the Mondeo is does anybody have a top 20 chart of European car sales.

Europes Top 10 BMW are No10 (Jan to May).

http://www.jato.com/Documents/PRESS%20RELE...016.06.2008.pdf

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Maybe you're looking, but you're not seeing. Those are not really even close to the same body lines.

143638_020702cren.jpg

BMW 3 series has been out selling the Mondeo for donkey's year in Europe, the Mondeo still does not make European Top 10 Best selling cars, the BMW 3 series is at 10 in Europe but would love to know how far behind the Mondeo is does anybody have a top 20 chart of European car sales.

Europes Top 10 BMW are No10 (Jan to May).

http://www.jato.com/Documents/PRESS%20RELE...016.06.2008.pdf

Jan-May 2008 Mondeo sales I calculate at 78,970 compared to BMW 3 series 114,203. Hey JM I predict Ford will move 200,000 Mondeo's for 2008. The impressive bit is that a very high percentage of Mondeo sales are the top trim levels. Can't say the same for the 3 series, as far as what I see on the roads most are base trim spec'd 3 series, whereas the Mondeo's I have only seen one base model, the rest have been Ghia or Titanium and a few Titanium X.

Jan-May 2008 Mondeo sales I calculate at 78,970 compared to BMW 3 series 114,203. Hey JM I predict Ford will move 200,000 Mondeo's for 2008. The impressive bit is that a very high percentage of Mondeo sales are the top trim levels. Can't say the same for the 3 series, as far as what I see on the roads most are base trim spec'd 3 series, whereas the Mondeo's I have only seen one base model, the rest have been Ghia or Titanium and a few Titanium X.

Something out there has caused a 27% drop off in BMW 3 series sales in May

wow...he leaves..comes back posts three responses...none which contribute to anything except potential suicide rates and POOF hes gone....ges on RARE form today :shades: he missed his calling...if he was a motivational speaker for the Taliban, we would be in great shape........

Edited by Deanh