2011MY Line up

theoldwizard

Is there any plan to retool a plant for the 2010 triplet (fusion, milan, mkz)?

we have the news that Louisville will be retooled for the C2 focus in 2010.

But I think Ford need to increase their production capacity for the 2010 fusion !

What will happen if people want to buy it at a 35'000/month rate !

The merge with the EUCD is far enough to retool a plant for the CD3 platform now

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about Aussie RWD platform for the Falcon l think it was called the FG that was supposed to be a global RWD platform? JDP won't be happy. Ford could use it for a new Crown Vic platform in the future to build a new generation Taxi & Police cars. What else will Ford be using it for?

Are you talking about the GRWD? Is that the official name or just what we were calling it?

Wasn't it to be used for the Falcon/Territory and Mustang, and possibly some other RWD sedans/vehicles?

Edited by rmc523

Don't believe the S60 is EUCD....only S80. It has been rumored going forward that the S60 will be axed from the lineup, so it seems unlikely it'll transission to a new platform before then.

Well, we are thinking ahead to 2011, so maybe if it is still around, it'd be moved to EUCD?

This is based on 2009MY info and some changes so I know there are errors.

Items with question marks are probably wrong !!

B3 - Fiesta, EcoSport

C1(?) - Mazda 3, Mazda5, S40

C2 - Focus, C-Max, Kuga

CD2(?) - Escape, Mariner, Tribute

CD3-2 - Fusion, Milan, MKZ, Edge, MKX, Mazda6

D3(?) - Taurus, Sable, S60

D32 - MKS

EUCD - S80

U2(?) - Explorer, Mountaineer, SproTrac

U3 - Expedition, Navigator

P415 - F150

P356 - SuperDuty

Whats the S80?

Don't believe the S60 is EUCD....only S80. It has been rumored going forward that the S60 will be axed from the lineup, so it seems unlikely it'll transission to a new platform before then.

That is interesting. The S60 is the only model in the entire Volvo lineup that isn't an unreliable POS. It's actually quite good and reliable!

Well that's my point. Word is that it won't be around by then.

Oh I see. Isn't the rumor that it'll be replaced by a slighly larger S40? (I say slightly larger S40 as in the new S40 would be larger than the old S40)

Edited by rmc523

That is interesting. The S60 is the only model in the entire Volvo lineup that isn't an unreliable POS. It's actually quite good and reliable!

Well it's a relic compared to the rest of the lineup, when was it's last redesign now? It's been around since at least 1999 with the same basic design and just cosmetic (head/taillights) updates since then.

Edited by rmc523

A, B, C, and D refer to the size of the vehicle. Just a few A cars are sold in this country. B platforms are coming to the states for instance B299N (Fiesta). C platforms are Focus sized, and D cars are the Taurus (500) derivatives.

Further:

E/F are the Crown Vic/Town Car codes.

U (utility) are Edge & Escape

V Transit/Van

P Pickups

We change the numbers to obfuscate and confuse..

PN - ?????

Oh I see. Isn't the rumor that it'll be replaced by a slighly larger S40? (I say slightly larger S40 as in the new S40 would be larger than the old S40)

That's how I understand it. I think Volvo is going to count on the C30 to be the entry vehicle and push the S40 up a bit.

That's how I understand it. I think Volvo is going to count on the C30 to be the entry vehicle and push the S40 up a bit.

The actual prevailing rumor is that the S40 will be discontinued. The C30 and any derivatives will become the entry-level Volvo model. The new S60 is supposed to be slotted between the current S40 and S60 in size/price. It is rumored to debut in early 2010. There may be a wagon version as well. The current V50 will go away along with the S40.

The actual prevailing rumor is that the S40 will be discontinued. The C30 and any derivatives will become the entry-level Volvo model. The new S60 is supposed to be slotted between the current S40 and S60 in size/price. It is rumored to debut in early 2010. There may be a wagon version as well. The current V50 will go away along with the S40.

Well I guess at that point it's just a matter of semantics. What it boils down to is the S40 and S60 as we know them now are both going to be gone. The only question that remains is which name the replacement will carry.

Why not go the common sense route: S50.

Edited by NickF1011