I finally saw a FLEX on the dealer lot.

I finally saw a new Flex on the dealer lot today. It was right out front. I passed by and turned around to check it out. I looked at it inside and out. OK, its a little boxy but it would grow on me. The odometer had 122 miles on it from all the test drives. Leather seats, 2 big moon roofs, captains chairs, refrigerator for a six pack, drop down dvd player for the kiddies, room for 7 comfortably, SYNC, quiet ride ( 19in tires) and suprisingly spacious. The heads would turn if I took this home.

Out of curiosity, I asked the dealer about Z-Plan. He didnt know if it was Z-Plan eligible yet.

And then.......... out of the blue, the crafty salesman pulled out the window sticker. Has all the bells and whistles listed , 28 mpg on the highway and 23 city and at the end.......eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk $37,588! HUH???? $37,600?????

Add this on to the list of cars people would drive, but cant afford. If this was to take the mini-van buyers away from Dodge Caravan, sorry, the Caravan wins. A VERY well equipped Caravan wouldnt cost more than $25,000.

Ford , if you sell a very well equipped Flex for $25,000, you have many many sales and the Windsor plant keeps working! I'd take a $25,000 EDGE over the $37,000 Flex anyday!

I finally saw a new Flex on the dealer lot today. It was right out front. I passed by and turned around to check it out. I looked at it inside and out. OK, its a little boxy but it would grow on me. The odometer had 122 miles on it from all the test drives. Leather seats, 2 big moon roofs, captains chairs, refrigerator for a six pack, drop down dvd player for the kiddies, room for 7 comfortably, SYNC, quiet ride ( 19in tires) and suprisingly spacious. The heads would turn if I took this home.

Out of curiosity, I asked the dealer about Z-Plan. He didnt know if it was Z-Plan eligible yet.

And then.......... out of the blue, the crafty salesman pulled out the window sticker. Has all the bells and whistles listed , 28 mpg on the highway and 23 city and at the end.......eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk $37,588! HUH???? $37,600?????

Add this on to the list of cars people would drive, but cant afford. If this was to take the mini-van buyers away from Dodge Caravan, sorry, the Caravan wins. A VERY well equipped Caravan wouldnt cost more than $25,000.

Ford , if you sell a very well equipped Flex for $25,000, you have many many sales and the Windsor plant keeps working! I'd take a $25,000 EDGE over the $37,000 Flex anyday!

I agree wholeheartedly. Saw one when I picked up my Fusion last week. And it was stickered at $37K. Completely out of reach for what it is. If I decide to go with a crossover, I will definitely be looking at the Edge and not the Flex. BTW, where did you see 23/28? All of the Flex's I've seen are 17/24....

If I decide to go with a crossover, I will definitely be looking at the Edge and not the Flex. BTW, where did you see 23/28? All of the Flex's I've seen are 17/24....

If you were looking at seating for seven, two passengers would have to be strapped to the roof of that Edge.

And for those who think the price is out of line:

Right from Chryser's website, build it and look for yourself:

2008 TOWN & COUNTRY LIMITED X Pkg. $35,985

Destination Charge $770

Color $0

Medium Pebble Beige/Cream $0

Clearwater Blue Pearl Coat $0

Features/Options $4,145

MyGIG® Multimedia System with GPS Navigation $1,300

Hard Disc Drive

ParkView® Rear Back-up Camera

1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS

SIRIUS Traffic with 1-Year Service

UConnect® Hands-Free Communication

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Auto-Dim Rear View Mirror w/Microphone

Power Sunroof $895

Dual Rear Overhead Consoles

Trailer Tow Prep Group $600

Trailer Tow Wiring Harness

Load Leveling and Height Control Suspension

Heavy Duty Radiator

Heavy Duty Engine Cooling

Heavy Duty Transmission Oil Cooler

Power Folding 3rd-Row Seat $595

Swivel 'n GoSeating Group $495

Swivel 'n Go Removable Second Row Seating

2nd-/3rd-Row Removable/Stowable Table

2nd-Row Swiveling Bucket Seats with Child Boosters $225

2nd-Row Seat with 2 Child Booster Seats

Engine Block Heater $35

Luxury Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats-1st & 2nd Rows Incl.

Full Tank of Fuel $0

Monotone Paint $0

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes Incl.

Driver's Manual Lumbar Support Incl.

Easy Clean Floor Mats Incl.

Premium Sliding Floor Console with Cupholders Incl.

2.24 Overall Top Gear Ratio Incl.

6-Speed Automatic Transmission Incl.

4.0-Liter V6 SOHC Engine Incl.

2nd- and 3rd-Row Manual Window Shades Incl.

Air Conditioning with 3-Zone Automatic Temp Control Incl.

Rear Seat Air Conditioner and Heater Controls Incl.

2nd-Row Power Windows Incl.

3rd-Row Power Vented Windows Incl.

Air Filtering Incl.

Heated 2nd-Row Seats Incl.

Heated Front Seats Incl.

Pwr Windows-Express Up/Down for Drvr w/Pass Expr Dn Incl.

Electronic Vehicle Information Center Incl.

Security Alarm Incl.

Trip Computer Incl.

Speed Control Incl.

9 Infinity Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer Incl.

Bridgestone Brand Tires Incl.

P225/65R17 BSW A/S Touring Tires Incl.

17" x 6.5" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels Incl.

Remote Start System Incl.

Tire Pressure Monitoring Display Incl.

MSRP As Configured: $40,900

Current Incentives

Cash Allowance - $2,500

Net Price: $38,400

The Flex is priced with its competition.

Case closed. Next!

Edited by ViperPilot

I like the styling , economy is in line with everything else in its class. I just wish it had sliding rear doors and more cargo room behind the 3rd row seat, I would have an easier time getting my wife out of her windstar .

I like the styling , economy is in line with everything else in its class. I just wish it had sliding rear doors and more cargo room behind the 3rd row seat, I would have an easier time getting my wife out of her windstar .

I'm hanging onto my Windstar...everything still works and it's paid for...next vehicle will be something powered by a diesel engine...better tell those Ford designers and engineers to get busy... :play:

I'm hanging onto my Windstar...everything still works and it's paid for...next vehicle will be something powered by a diesel engine...better tell those Ford designers and engineers to get busy... :play:

diesel....are you kidding me....have you seen diesel prices!!! I think ford has put their diesel plans on hold a bit! Even building it in mexico can't cope with oil prices!! I can't wait for someone to go to jail over this BS.

Flex sticker was 37k...are you kidding me. Looks like I will be keeping my vehicle a couple more years myself!

diesel....are you kidding me....have you seen diesel prices!!! I think ford has put their diesel plans on hold a bit! Even building it in mexico can't cope with oil prices!! I can't wait for someone to go to jail over this BS.

Flex sticker was 37k...are you kidding me. Looks like I will be keeping my vehicle a couple more years myself!

With diesel you have a choice in fuel...I'm choosing SVO (that stands for Straight Vegetable Oil, college boy). Go to http://www.greasecar.com More on this after my install in September...this is my solution to fuel prices and new car/truck sticker shock. My hope is that everyone will consider renewable fuel choices that will work in the vehicles that are being built right now. Everyone wants to complain...NOW is the time to DO SOMETHING! Be a part of the solution, not add to the problem.

Edited by Racin' Rick

If you were looking at seating for seven, two passengers would have to be strapped to the roof of that Edge.

And for those who think the price is out of line:

Right from Chryser's website, build it and look for yourself:

2008 TOWN & COUNTRY LIMITED X Pkg. $35,985

The Flex is priced with its competition.

Case closed. Next!

Yes I am one of those people who think the price is out of line.

Just because Chrysler is losing a shitload of money on the Caravan/Town and Country doesn't mean Ford has to. I can put a piece of crap on ebay for 40 grand just like my neighbor did, but it doesn't mean it is worth it...

Perhaps the biggest gamble in the shrinking market was made by Chrysler LLC, which spent $1.4 billion on the redesign of its two industry-leading minivans, the Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan. Despite the investment and new features such as swiveling seats, Caravan sales fell 35 percent through May. Town & Country sales were down 13 percent. -From http://www.wtop.com/?nid=111&pid=0&amp...6786&page=1

Yes I am one of those people who think the price is out of line.

Just because Chrysler is losing a shitload of money on the Caravan/Town and Country doesn't mean Ford has to. I can put a piece of crap on ebay for 40 grand just like my neighbor did, but it doesn't mean it is worth it...

You're missing the point. Do the research on MSRP on the vehicles you're bitching about.

The Flex has a base price of $28,300 and goes all the way up to $40G. Yeah. They don't give away glass roofs and GPS Nav systems. Neither does the competition.

The assertion made by the OP was that, based on the sticker of a loaded Flex at a dealer that it can't compete with a near basic $27,000 Chrysler is out of line.

The Chrysler minivan can range in price as well from $23,500 to $40,000. The base Flex has way more options, and a better drivetrain than the base Chrysler.

As much as you want to have pie-in-the-sky pricing on vehicles, you can't expect to make a profit selling them at a loss.

The Flex is in line with pricing with its competition.

I'll take back my earlier statement. I went back and looked at the Flex at my dealer, and it does have a lot of utility. And going option for option against an Edge Limited, the Flex Limited is less than $4K more. So if you need the extra people space, its not a bad deal. The biggest difference now is that the Edge has some incentives on it, so that widens the price margin to more than $6K. I would definitely buy it before I bought a Chrysler minivan....

I'll take back my earlier statement. I went back and looked at the Flex at my dealer, and it does have a lot of utility. And going option for option against an Edge Limited, the Flex Limited is less than $4K more. So if you need the extra people space, its not a bad deal. The biggest difference now is that the Edge has some incentives on it, so that widens the price margin to more than $6K. I would definitely buy it before I bought a Chrysler minivan....

Yeah, but you still can't seat 7 in the Edge! Or, like our case, 2 adults plus 3 children in car seats. That is the reason we are going to buy a Flex in the coming monhts. We will need room for a 3rd car seat in January, and my wife doesn't want to drive a minivan. The Flex is an awesome people mover!

You're missing the point. Do the research on MSRP on the vehicles you're bitching about.

The Flex has a base price of $28,300 and goes all the way up to $40G. Yeah. They don't give away glass roofs and GPS Nav systems. Neither does the competition.

The assertion made by the OP was that, based on the sticker of a loaded Flex at a dealer that it can't compete with a near basic $27,000 Chrysler is out of line.

The Chrysler minivan can range in price as well from $23,500 to $40,000. The base Flex has way more options, and a better drivetrain than the base Chrysler.

As much as you want to have pie-in-the-sky pricing on vehicles, you can't expect to make a profit selling them at a loss.

The Flex is in line with pricing with its competition.

what is the benefit of a glass roof? I am assuming glass is cheaper than steel right now!!

Yeah, but you still can't seat 7 in the Edge! Or, like our case, 2 adults plus 3 children in car seats. That is the reason we are going to buy a Flex in the coming monhts. We will need room for a 3rd car seat in January, and my wife doesn't want to drive a minivan. The Flex is an awesome people mover!

I agreed with you. Thats why I said, if you need the extra people space, you can't go wrong.

Seeing that your parents didn't give you up for adoption gives me hope that even afterbirth from a lesbo cluster f@#$ can still find a home.

:hysterical:

I think that it has a home, just not as big as expected with the economy and cost!! Sorry, I will keep my freestyle a few more years at that cost! I really do not think the cost will bring this thing fame!!

I seen one on the road. People are buying them :happy feet: i just hope enough do. I heard money wise it is supposed to be comparible to dodges ect. I'm hoping they will sell, and sell well.

Drove my first Flex today. It was a fairly base model-29K and change. It was well equipped- biggest surprise is how much bigger it is than my Taurus X and how much headroom it has. I had at least a foot of clearance in the drvier seat and I'm 6'0. Anyone who is used to an Expedition but does not need the full towing capacity should look at this vehicle. Favorite part for me was actually the design of the door sill (sp?). It is very easy to get in the vehicle and you won't get your pant leg dirty.

The dealership I was at today had two base models and a limited. They were waiting for a set of wheels to dress one up. Another dealership is working on getting the wood panels made for one to display. The excitement level is here with the Flex, hopefully the shoppers will be as well.