Taurus X to go Mercury?

FordFanForEver

Since the Ford Flex has arrived to dealers and sails have started. The Flex and TX will be competing vehicles on the same lot and i was just wondering should the TX go to Mercury? In 2005, Mercury debuted the Meta One concept which i thought was a fine looking vehicle. I think a Mercury version of TX is needed to help Mercury sail's.

The flex is very expencive, might aswell get a Expedition and you know what, Your fuel mileage would not be much better with a Flex over a Expedition.

Not to mention that with Ford not really wanting to deal on the Flex, one could pick an Expy or Explorer up CHEAP and be ahead for years. Probably close to 100K before they would break even.

The flex is very expencive, might aswell get a Expedition and you know what, Your fuel mileage would not be much better with a Flex over a Expedition.

If anyone is wondering....

2009 Flex FWD

17 city

24 hwy

19 combined

2008 Expedition

12 city

18 hwy

14 combined

Here is a cool site to compare mileage: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

16-17/22-24 compared to 13/18? I'd say that's better mileage, and enough to move buyers from Expys to Flexes. My soccer coach just traded in his 07 Expedition on a Flex, but as others have mentioned, Expy prices are low right now, which is money you could spend on fuel.

Edited by rmc523

I don't see how a vehicle that is not even a year old can be considered a failure. Ford is the failure...for not telling anybody that the Taurus X was even alive.

Haven't you said some new Ford vehicles are failures? Or am I getting you confused with someone else?

There was one ad a few years ago, the divorced parents one.

I always thought that the ad could "continue" with after the Freestyle rolled out of sight with the "mom" and the smug look on her face as she headed to the lawyers office to figure out how to continue to screw him over after dropping the kids off to therapy....the "dad" then hopped into a Mustang convertible with a hot blonde and they both laughed as he sped away to a week long vacation up the coast.....

Edited by twintornados