These attacks are show ing the public just how biased the media is...

Here's the question I would still like an answer to:

Why not talk about something that really points out a man's character, like in 2004 Michele Obama was working for the University of Illinois hospital making $121,910, Barak gets elected to the Senate and lo and behold Michele gets a raise to $316,962 in 2005 and coincidently Barak realizes that the University hospital needs a new pavilion so in 2006 he puts in for a $1,000,000 earmark for them....

You are exactly right, but you won't see that on Mahr's show or on Oprah or any of the big 3 networks. But no one wants to talk about that

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just gotta ask are we better off than we were 8 years ago?

i know that i am working less, and my employersare making less,

granted i maybe making more, because i have been conservative with my money,

and liberal at obtaining income streams.

i have guns and am prochoice.

i think taxes should be raised in some cases, or on some people,

but i also think its time to change the guard in DC,

not that it will make a big difference, but that it will make a difference,

as we all know someone who is not better off than they were 8 years ago.

Edited by stephenhawkings

I'm better off than 8 years ago.

You keep using effective, how many bills by Paul have been made into law? Stop dancing.

I have told you before that we both know ZERO. This is what you just asked me

your list of Ron Paul's introduced bills
. I gave them to you so where are yours???

Like I asked before also. Would you rather have something passed into law that leaves a hot pile of SHIT in your lap or nothing passed??? You may say he is effective for getting it passed but I think he was effective for making you clean up shit and nothing else.

P.S. How about a reply to post 169???

Edited by fmccap

I have told you before that we both know ZERO. This is what you just asked me . I gave them to you so where are yours???

Like I asked before also. Would you rather have something passed into law that leaves a hot pile of SHIT in your lap or nothing passed??? You may say he is effective for getting it passed but I think he was effective for making you clean up shit and nothing else.

P.S. How about a reply to post 169???

You say what you'd rather have, looks like to me with Ron Paul you have little choice. I guess in your world zero is good or in your words more effective. You are a politically confused person. Do you ever read what you write?

Edited by Floyd Lawson

You say what you'd rather have, looks like to me with Ron Paul you have little choice. I guess in your world zero is good or in your words more effective. You are a politically confused person. Do you ever read what you write?

I would rather have zero(except for the little they are supposed to do) from my government than the giant monster we currently have.

Do you ever provide an answer????

Well eight years ago we were in a recession so I guess it's a wash there.

We had a president that had done nothing worthwhile to deal with the terrorist threat that we would soon become very acquainted with even though we had been warned a decade earlier.

Clinton had passed the trade deal with China so there were starting to be lot's of cheap consumer goods... the hangover would come later...

Unfortunately we did the one thing I hope we don't repeat.. that is give one party control of both the White House and congress... one party rule is not a good thing.

I supported Ron Paul but now that he's done John McCain looks a heck of a lot better that Obaaama, It's a long way from Libertarian to Castro.

I'm not for Obama either. You probably won't understand but I refuse to play there game anymore. We need to get out of the 2 party stranglehold, it's killing this country. The only way I see real change is when we the people stop playing and demand better people who do there jobs or we vote them out.

I'm not for Obama either. You probably won't understand but I refuse to play there game anymore. We need to get out of the 2 party stranglehold, it's killing this country. The only way I see real change is when we the people stop playing and demand better people who do there jobs or we vote them out.

The only problem with that is that it's really a vote for Obaaama. The two party system needs to change but it won't get changed in the general election, it'll get changed in the primaries. Once it gets to the general election it's too late.

Edited by mulewright

I really haven't had alot of time to go over my issues with the current election ,so here it goes.

I own two small businesses. So taxes and energy are top priorties.

Healthcare isn't a major headache because of my own personal lifestyle of eating extremely healthy.

Which has been contagious with the people that work with me.

No presidential selection is going to answer to everyones needs,nor should they be expected too either.

Why i'm going to vote for McCain/Palin is based on my priorities,energy and taxes.

McCain has said that he will get nuclear power plants built during his presidency,Obama opposes nuclear power.

McCain was against tax cuts at first because there wasn't any meaningful spending cuts in the bill. Obama is for raising taxes,even if there back to levels before the tax cuts. Cost of living has went up,so you will be taxed more in the future based on percentage of taxable income.

McCain is for offshore drilling,Obama is against this. Now he recently said he is for some,but remember the politico article where House speaker Nancy Pelosi told her fellow Democrats if it would help them win there race to say you are for offshore drilling. Soon after that Obama stance changed to ok i some offshore drilling.

Nancy Pelosi said there will never be a vote on offshore drilling bill before they left for the current recess(even though it would pass with a major magority in both the house and senate).

McCain is for clean coal technology,Obama is against it. Even though MIT has developed a carbon trapping system for power plants,so they could trap 95% of there carbon emissions.They use large tubes of water to trap the carbon and grow algae,which in turn can be used as a bio-fuel for the plant.

McCain is for natural gas used in transportation,Obama i don't know what his current thoughts are on this.

Obama says he will appoint Al Gore to take care of the enviromental and energy issues.This alone scares the hell out me.

AL Gore says we will be off all fossil fuel in a decade. :hysterical::hysterical: That leaves only wind and Solar :shades:

I have a very good friend that currently has a business that builds and installs solar and wind power systems,both residential and commercial. He has done this for about 12 years now. He even says we are 15 to 20 years away from true off the grid systems for residential. That is where the true energy conservation for electricity will come from,when this technology finally comes and is priced right for the average person.

I know there more,but his is the highlights that i can think of write now. Got to get back to some paperwork.

I really haven't had alot of time to go over my issues with the current election ,so here it goes.

I own small businesses. So taxes and energy are top priorties.

Healthcare isn't a major headache because of my own personal lifestyle of eating extremely healthy.

No presidential selection is going to answer to everyones needs,nor should they be expected too either.

Why i'm going to vote for McCain/Palin is based on my priorities,energy and taxes.

McCain has said that he will get nuclear power plants built during his presidency,Obama opposes nuclear power.Even though other countries are building dozens of new plants. The new technology makes these plants a must for our energy future. Go do some research that these new plants provide with safe,clean and affordable energy.

McCain was against tax cuts at first because there wasn't any meaningful spending cuts in the bill. Obama is for raising taxes,even if there back to levels before the tax cuts. Cost of living has went up,so you will be taxed more in the future based on percentage of taxable income.

McCain is for offshore drilling,Obama is against this. Now he recently said he is for some,but remember the politico article where House speaker Nancy Pelosi told her fellow Democrats if it would help them win there race to say you are for offshore drilling. Soon after that Obama stance changed to ok i some offshore drilling.

Nancy Pelosi said there will never be a vote on offshore drilling bill before they left for the current recess(even though it would pass with a major magority in both the house and senate).

McCain is for clean coal technology,Obama is against it. Even though MIT has developed a carbon trapping system for power plants,so they could trap 95% of there carbon emissions.They use large tubes of water to trap the carbon and grow algae,which in turn can be used as a bio-fuel for the plant.

McCain is for natural gas used in transportation,Obama i don't know what his current thoughts are on this.

Obama says he will appoint Al Gore to take care of the enviromental and energy issues.This alone scares the hell out me.

AL Gore says we will be off all fossil fuel in a decade. :hysterical::hysterical: That leaves only wind and Solar :shades:

Plus the enviromental groups are against transmission lines from these sources. They are against building Geotheromal plants.

What we going to use in the future to make the enviromental groups happy,magical fairy dust. :hysterical:

I have a very good friend that currently has a business that builds and installs solar and wind power systems,both residential and commercial. He has done this for about 12 years now. He even says we are 15 to 20 years away from true off the grid systems for residential. That is where the true energy conservation for electricity will come from,when this technology finally comes and is priced right for the average person.

I know there more,but this is the highlights that i can think of write now. Got to get back to some paperwork.

Yes. But probably not in your eyes, sice you already have a prejudice against whoever is running as a Republican. I'm not sure what your motives are but I don't see your point.

I'm only biased when they are not true Rebublicans. You will shrug it off but look at the history of them. The biggest change I saw was that back in time the Liberals always used the isolationist label on the Republicans. What were the Republicans calling Paul in this current time?? His true stance was actually non interventionist though.

I own two small businesses. So taxes and energy are top priorties.

McCain wants to tax employer paid healthcare benefits. Obama doesn't want to change the current systen which allows for deductions for benefits paid by businesses.

You are absolutely correct on this point.

McCain has said that he will get nuclear power plants built during his presidency,Obama opposes nuclear power. Obama does not oppose nuclear power. He is concerned with the issue of what to do with the waste. Obama is against the Yucca Flats NV dumpsite which is in an earthquake zone. McCain says he is concerned about the waste issue and environmental impact as well but he doesn't have a plan for dealing with it. BTW, there is no moratorium on building nuclear power plants. The nuclear power industry won't build them without government subsidies.

McCain was against the Bush tax cuts because it would baloon the deficit. Bush started his term with a surplus. After 9/11 he opposed the cuts because we needed the revenue to support the war. The Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are off budget. Those expenses are not counted in the costs of running the country. Obama is infavor of increasing the Bush cuts to the Middle Class and decreasing the cuts favoring the top 1%. Obama's plan doed not raise taxes on the middle class as McCain's ads allege.

McCain was against drilling until mid June of this year. Obama opened his position around the same time. Both changed in response to $4.00 gal gas. Of course McCain first tried the gimmick of a federal gas tax holiday which would only result in saving a few pennies a galon but more importantly would starve funds for maintaining roads and bridges, projects that create thousands of jobs.

I agree with you that Nancy Pelosi is an idiot. If Obama wins he becomes the leader of the party. The congressional leaders will follow his lead.

Obama is also for clean coal. It's in his platform on his website.

Obama is for Natural gas and is for the NG pipeline in Alaska also on his website.

He said he will consult with Gore. Not appoint him to be in charge. I'm not a Gore fan either.

Probably not possible within a decade barring some great technological leap forward. On the other hand, we did manage to land on the Moon in a decade and we did it using computers that had less power than the one in your car.

McCain missed all 8 votes this congressional term on renewing tax incentives for wind, solar and biofuel research and production. Since he came out with his drill drill drill plan, he has recieved a lot more contributions from the oil companies.

I know there more,but his is the highlights that i can think of write now. Got to get back to some paperwork.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

If energy is a top priority, then you obviously know that McCain has:

promised to increase use of "wind, tide [and] solar" energy, though his actual energy plan contains no new money for renewable energy.

Link 1

Link 2

Kind of a problem...don't ya think?

Edited by P71_CrownVic

I would like to interject something that is hideous!!!!!!

How many of you have decided to vote for Obama because he wants to LOWER taxes on the poor, and raise them on upper income Americans?

Does that sound good to you??????? Sounds good to me too, but that is NOT exactly what he means; although that is what he IS saying, lolol.

What do I mean?

Well here, lets go with this--------------->Would you vote for Mcain if he promised that the poor of this country with family would never pay income tax unless they reached middle class status?

Well, if you are a liberal democrat, if you did, your party would lynch you, and here is why------------->the poor pay no income taxes!!!!!!!!! When Obama talks about giving them a BIGGER TAX BREAK and fleecing upper income Americans, what he means is simple----------->since poor people pay no income taxes perse, he wants to INCREASE the amount of everyone elses money they get in their return.

What liberals are speaking off is welfare, but since we have welfare reform, they have to figure a better way to get the money to the recipients, so they call it a tax BREAK for them. How you get a TAX BREAK when you pay no taxes is beyond the realm of logic, but when we call it a TRANSFER OF WEALTH, we are being 100% accurate. They TAKE money from some, then send it to those......not as a REFUND because they have already PAID 0, but as a WELFARE check renamed tax cut.

What it is basically is symantics to mislead people.

I am willing to give the poor 0 (that is ZERO) responsibility at their income level for infrastructure, etc. But NONE of us should be willing to TRANSFER money out of OUR personal bank account to theirs in the name of fairness. And if it IS fair, call it what it really is, WELFARE and NOT a TAX CUT!!!!!!!!!!

If energy is a top priority, then you obviously know that McCain has:

Link 1

Link 2

Kind of a problem...don't ya think?

John McCain Will Propose A $300 Million Prize To Improve Battery Technology For Full Commercial Development Of Plug-In Hybrid And Fully Electric Automobiles. A $300 million prize should be awarded for the development of a battery package that has the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the commercially available plug-in hybrids or electric cars. That battery should deliver a power source at 30 percent of the current costs. At $300 million, the prize is one dollar for every man, woman and child in this country - and a small price to pay for breaking our dependence on oil.

The Japanese or the Chinese could really use the money because he wont give the money to anybody in the U.S. and this ought to be voted on, after all it is tax payers money, so much for we don't tax and spend like those Liberals