Yes, they often kill each other, but they do it with little regard to anyone else who might just happen to be around at the time. Then you must ignore the extortion, racketeering, drug dealing, etc that they are involved with. Gangs are far more dangerous to our country as a whole than any so-called "terrorist" organization. Do they go around blowing up cafes to make a point? No. They don't have to. They have more power than terrorist groups do already. They don't have to resort to such measures to get their message across.

You're right!...I was just watching MSNBC and the gang alert has been raised from white ot pink because a crip just broke the store front window of a Korean grocer in East LA.......when will it stop?.....and the beat goes on.....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right!...I was just watching MSNBC and the gang alert has been raised from white ot pink because a crip just broke the store front window of a Korean grocer in East LA.......when will it stop?.....and the beat goes on.....

:rolleyes:

I think if you ask around, you'll find a lot more people in your life who have been affected by gang violence than by terrorists. I know that has certainly been the case in my life, and I'm not some uneducated urban dweller either by any means. There is no need for a color chart to tell us when we're at threat of violence from gangs. The police know that threat level is always RED.

Yes, they often kill each other, but they do it with little regard to anyone else who might just happen to be around at the time. Then you must ignore the extortion, racketeering, drug dealing, etc that they are involved with. Gangs are far more dangerous to our country as a whole than any so-called "terrorist" organization. Do they go around blowing up cafes to make a point? No. They don't have to. They have more power than terrorist groups do already. They don't have to resort to such measures to get their message across.

Gangs and terrorist organizations are two entirely different creatures.

Gangs are like the old Mafia - they don't want to overthrow the political structure, and they prefer to operate under the public's radar. They want money and power, but they don't care about the government, except to the extent that it leaves them alone to ply their business. They thus focus most of their attention on the local government where they conduct operations, mainly to keep it out of their hair. They only threaten citizens to the exent that they want to control a particular neighborhood or street to conduct their business. Any "message" that gangs have is aimed at locals who threaten the gang's true reason for being - making money from illegal activities. The Mafia didn't want to overthrow the U.S. government, and neither do the gangs, all of whom are far too parochial in their outlook and concerned about making money to really entertain such notions.

Terrorist organizations want to overthrow the federal government, and one way to at least destabilize said government is to commit random acts that kill lots of innocent bystanders. They are more unpredictable, and most of their regular, recurring illegal activities are aimed at garnering more money for the next operation. Unlike gangs, they do not want money for its own sake.

Gangs may have more of a presence in daily life, but given their ultimate goal, their unpredictability and the methods they will use to achieve those goals, terrorist organizations are more dangerous.

Gangs and terrorist organizations are two entirely different creatures.

Gangs are like the old Mafia - they don't want to overthrow the political structure, and they prefer to operate under the public's radar. They want money and power, but they don't care about the government, except to the extent that it leaves them alone to ply their business. They thus focus most of their attention on the local government where they conduct operations, mainly to keep it out of their hair. They only threaten citizens to the exent that they want to control a particular neighborhood or street to conduct their business. Any "message" that gangs have is aimed at locals who threaten the gang's true reason for being - making money from illegal activities. The Mafia didn't want to overthrow the U.S. government, and neither do the gangs, all of whom are far too parochial in their outlook and concerned about making money to really entertain such notions.

Terrorist organizations want to overthrow the federal government, and one way to at least destabilize said government is to commit random acts that kill lots of innocent bystanders. They are more unpredictable, and most of their regular, recurring illegal activities are aimed at garnering more money for the next operation. Unlike gangs, they do not want money for its own sake.

Gangs may have more of a presence in daily life, but given their ultimate goal, their unpredictability and the methods they will use to achieve those goals, terrorist organizations are more dangerous.

If a terrorist organization is given enough power to have a legitimate chance at acheiving their ultimate goal, I would agree with you. But from a personal standpoint right now, today? I'd rather have a member of Al-Qaeda pissed off at me than a member of one of the more powerful gangs operating in our country.

For all you anti-Bush wiretapping Obama fans.

Obama Administration quietly expands Bush's legal defense of wiretapping program

In a stunning defense of President George W. Bush's warrantless wiretapping program, President Barack Obama has broadened the government's legal argument for immunizing his Administration and government agencies from lawsuits surrounding the National Security Agency's eavesdropping efforts.

In fact, a close read of a government filing last Friday reveals that the Obama Administration has gone beyond any previous legal claims put forth by former President Bush.

Recession?...there's no recession in the White House!...more "do as I say, not as I do"!

From the article

The Obamas privately paid for the travel expenses of the styling team, according to a spokeswoman for the first lady. But the high-profile jobs don't pay much, say former White House stylists.

"You do it because you know you will have some prestige and you will be able to make money later," Portelli said.

I didn't vote for him but man you're really reaching.

From the article

I didn't vote for him but man you're really reaching.

my point is that we have been ask repeatedly to make sacrifices during these "tough times"......they don't take their own advice......do you think she had a full-time makeup artist with her when she was a hospital administrator?........so reaching, no.....it's the makeup artist, the pizza chef flown in from St. Louis..to the Wednesday night parties.....is this sacrifice to you?

Actually, I believe he's been asking people to stimulate the economy where they can.

that's if you have something to stimulate with........a lot of people are just trying to get the basics.....he's always talking about all the people without jobs.....how do you think they preceive this foolish use of money?

that's if you have something to stimulate with........a lot of people are just trying to get the basics.....he's always talking about all the people without jobs.....how do you think they preceive this foolish use of money?

Well...now one more makeup artist has a job....what you said above really doesn't help your point though. He can stimulate the economy...and it seems he's doing just that.

Well...now one more makeup artist has a job....what you said above really doesn't help your point though. He can stimulate the economy...and it seems he's doing just that.

actually the person already had a job in Chicago......so now they fly back and forth to service her....but we won't hear anything from the tree fornicators about the carbon foot print......I tire of the hypocrisy...and no matter what I say, people such as you will defend him to the end.....

yeah, I hold my breath......

If you must know, I think that he lacks a plan to bring the US ouf of deficit, and that worries me. I like the program he's putting into place for the most part, but he either has to raise taxes or cut spending somewhere (once growth starts again) or there is going to be a real problem.

people such as you will defend him to the end.....

I defended no body, just posted a quote from the article, and don't forget they bought a really expensive rug. :shades: If you want to complain about dang near everthing Obama and family does perhaps you could do it where it might actually make a difference.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=492867

I defended no body, just posted a quote from the article, and don't forget they bought a really expensive rug. :shades: If you want to complain about dang near everthing Obama and family does perhaps you could do it where it might actually make a difference.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=492867

did you change your user name to SUV....that's who I was talking to....you need to take a chill pill.....

You know, like buy a Taurus SHO. :)

Cut my taxes and I will think about spending a little more.

when is it due out?

No definite date announced yet but by how they have us scheduled I'd say late summer.

Edited by fmccap

Giving more income to a working person.

That's temporary till tax time,taxes were not cut just withholding. Yes I agree it's good but cutting them would be better. Somewhat like our last stimulus check, gdp bumped up for the 3rd quarter because everyone had more money in there hands. Then reality set back in when it was gone. Cut them for good and that bump is no longer temporary.

If you must know, I think that he lacks a plan to bring the US ouf of deficit, and that worries me. I like the program he's putting into place for the most part, but he either has to raise taxes or cut spending somewhere (once growth starts again) or there is going to be a real problem.

Pretty big one don't you think? Somehow with the previous guy a lack of a plan to bring them out of something was brought up every day. This guy though, well, another free pass.

Just once, I'd like to see these two be held to the same accountability. Either people will realize how bad Barry is, or how good Bush was.