4 cylinder EcoBoost in a F150?

timmm55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ford wants to put an Eco Boost 4 banger in an F150, I sure hope they can trim the overall weight of the truck considerably. I like my 04 Supercab with the 5.4 but it feels sluggish most of the time.

If Ford wants to put an Eco Boost 4 banger in an F150, I sure hope they can trim the overall weight of the truck considerably. I like my 04 Supercab with the 5.4 but it feels sluggish most of the time.

Well they did also say this EB 4 would only be available in 2 door/regular cab 4x2 and 4x4 F-150s if it were to be used in the truck.

• 3 weeks later...
So far, indications are it will find its way into all three of those in the next couple of years.

Thanks, Nick. Hopefully by 2010MY. I am a little impatient because I think in 2011 the governator here in Ca. will put the Kabosh on anything with decent power running on fossil fuel. And I voted for him... TWICE. I should have noticed that he sleeps with a Kennedy every night. DOH!

Thanks, Nick. Hopefully by 2010MY. I am a little impatient because I think in 2011 the governator here in Ca. will put the Kabosh on anything with decent power running on fossil fuel. And I voted for him... TWICE. I should have noticed that he sleeps with a Kennedy every night. DOH!

Trust me, he isn't making friends with the liberals either. Threatening to cut all state employees to minimum wage until the legislature approves a budget with 10% cuts across the board isn't earning him many allies.

3.5 EcoBoost would work for me if it was in the Edge, Flex or F-150.

So far, indications are it will find its way into all three of those in the next couple of years.

I don't know why folks keep thinking that EcoBoost is NO2 or Hemi or whatever your favorite high performance juice is. EcoBoost is being sold as a fuel saver. "A 4 cylinder with the performance of a V6".

Why would Ford put a V6 EcoBoost in an Edge or a Flex ? They only have a naturally asperated V6 in them now ! Sure the V6 EcoBoost will show up in the F-150 as an alternative to the 4.6L V8, but I'll bet it will cost more !

Why would Ford put a V6 EcoBoost in an Edge or a Flex ? They only have a naturally asperated V6 in them now ! Sure the V6 EcoBoost will show up in the F-150 as an alternative to the 4.6L V8, but I'll bet it will cost more !

V6 Ecoboost is confirmed for the Flex next year.

I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be kinda cool if the 3.5EB could make a surprise debut in the Edge Sport, so there's actually something "Sport" to the model, rather than just looks.

I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be kinda cool if the 3.5EB could make a surprise debut in the Edge Sport, so there's actually something "Sport" to the model, rather than just looks.

Well, there are running prototypes of 3.5 EB Edges from what I understand. Take that for what it's worth...

2010 calendar year perhaps. All indication is that the MKS will still be the first production application, and that's 2010 model year.

MKS and Flex for sure in 2010, per the MKT press release. I'm sure we'll see the EB 3.5 in the Edge, it's just a matter of when. My guess is it wouldn't be put in until the Edge's MCE for 2010.

• 1 month later...
So people will quit their complaining about Ford having the lowest HP in every class. This way, they can have the highest HP, and at or near the top in fuel economy to boot!

Not trying to throw water on the fire but has Ford said what type of fuel the EB engines will require? Most boosted engines, whether they are turbocharged or supercharged, require premium fuel. Around here that means about $.20 per gal higher fuel price. If you are comparing an EB 3.5L V6 to a NA 4.6L 3V V8, which runs just fine on 87 octane, the actual fuel cost may be closer than people think.