2009 Ka

mlhm5

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just my stupid opinion, but SVT should develop RS versions of Ka, Fiesta and Focus. Use NASCAR money to do it, if necessary. Real-world, see-it-on-the-street high-performance small cars are the best investment in the future market that Ford could make. People like hi-performance, and Ford appears to have a palpable market edge with their RevoKnuckle suspension.

Regardless of individual model sales, the RS models add an intangible "street cred". No different than in the 60's, when some schmoe in a 6-cylinder Fairlane sedan would see a 390 2-dr coupe. Makes him feel better about his practical compromise.

If Ford got out of NASCAR, Bubba might be upset that the Fusion decal is no longer on the COT, but his 16 year-old son/daughter follow drifting and other ricer-oriented and probably don't care. 4 years from now, they will be car consumers who may be more open to change than Bubba, and finance a used Fiesta. If junior consumers see hot little Fords well-regarded, it could really help with the future.

It's just my stupid opinion, but SVT should develop RS versions of Ka, Fiesta and Focus. Use NASCAR money to do it, if necessary. Real-world, see-it-on-the-street high-performance small cars are the best investment in the future market that Ford could make. People like hi-performance, and Ford appears to have a palpable market edge with their RevoKnuckle suspension.

Regardless of individual model sales, the RS models add an intangible "street cred". No different than in the 60's, when some schmoe in a 6-cylinder Fairlane sedan would see a 390 2-dr coupe. Makes him feel better about his practical compromise.

If Ford got out of NASCAR, Bubba might be upset that the Fusion decal is no longer on the COT, but his 16 year-old son/daughter follow drifting and other ricer-oriented and probably don't care. 4 years from now, they will be car consumers who may be more open to change than Bubba, and finance a used Fiesta. If junior consumers see hot little Fords well-regarded, it could really help with the future.

Nas-KA?

I don't like the thing, very disappointing design. Indeed, it looks like a lesser Fiesta rather than a unique car. I really dislike this kinetic design language, they keep pushing it to new ridiculous extremes and the design integrity is completely lost.

From the article:

"Though this has not been officially confirmed yet, the KA’s line-up is said to include an ST model equipped with the 500 Abarth’s 1.4-liter turbocharged unit."

In Italy in the 80's they had the Uno Turbo and the people drove them on the highways at 200+kph. I never looked when I saw one that was involved in a wreck.

Could this Ka be the "new" Uno Turbo MK 1?

fiat%20uno%20turbo%20ie.jpg

When Olbama hits you with global warming taxes his been talking about on his Olbamania tour of Europe the 500 and Ka will be hot stuff Stateside :finger: . Mind you they do tell porkie pies.

500usa-09.jpg

Obama is a tool. And all of the regulations in the world won't make the Fiat 500 attractive. Holy shit that thing is ugly!

I liked the old Ka better, and McCain is a real psycho... :boring:

Most folk that l know owned the old Ka thought they were rubbish, they said they felt to cheap they were to small to live with, full of to much plastic and grumped about how doors used to make a loud ding which sounded like hitting a trash bin with a hammer rather than a solid clunk sound that you get from a VW door everytime to shut a door. They also finished near the bottom of the 2008 JD Power Survey.

Most folk that l know owned the old Ka thought they were rubbish, they said they felt to cheap they were to small to live with, full of to much plastic and grumped about how doors used to make a loud ding which sounded like hitting a trash bin with a hammer rather than a solid clunk sound that you get from a VW door everytime to shut a door. They also finished near the bottom of the 2008 JD Power Survey.

This new one could be a real alternative to the Smart Car here in the U.S. At least it doesn't look like Fisher-Price designed it for a 2 year old.

I rather like it.

Yeah. Democrat thinking will turn things right around for sure. Both parties are leading us in the wrong direction in a concerted effort.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you say anything positive about Ron Paul I'll be forced to kill you. Just FYI

This new one could be a real alternative to the Smart Car here in the U.S. At least it doesn't look like Fisher-Price designed it for a 2 year old.

starting to see more and more of those damn doorstops....and the drivers all seem to be moulded from the same dies.....

I rather like it.

You're entitled to your opinion but if you say anything positive about Ron Paul I'll be forced to kill you. Just FYI

Ron Paul. :hysterical:

This is why the Democrats and Republicans have us bent over. The alternatives being offered to us aren't any better.

Ron Paul. :hysterical:

This is why the Democrats and Republicans have us bent over. The alternatives being offered to us aren't any better.

I agree as to the general Democratic and Republican party, as a monolithic force, though i think the Democratic party right now is less bad than the current Republican Party in GA and Congress.

But Obama from what i've seen and after reading the book he started his 3rd year in law school , Dreams of my Father, strikes me as an amazing person who offers a once and a lifetime opportunity for this country. Granted the forces are against positive changes, no matter who is trying to do it. But if there is anyone that could I'd put my money in Obama.

BTW Dreams of My Father is not a political book, its just an amazing book that offers some degree of enlightenment or awarness to anyone reading it.

Oh and I like the KA, would be a great car for intown driving. Though that pic of the alleged future mazda 3 and the Fiesta look better.

Edited by Fordowner