anyone can explain keyless remote

vichybrid

I did order this, but what exactly are the benefits, other than the obvious.

Does anyone else have it?

What is it like in the 2009 Escape... it is unnerving to order a car you can't even see, as well as the options that you don't really know about, so, could anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

What is it like in the 2009 Escape... it is unnerving to order a car you can't even see, as well as the options that you don't really know about, so, could anyone enlighten me?

Thanks

I am unclear as to what you ordered...I believe the '09 FEH comes with two keys with remotes built in. Previous Ford models came with keys and one keyless remote. On the Limited FEH is a Keyless entry system that allows you to enter a code to unlock your vehicle. I have ordered one extra key without the remote feature, in order to use as a "valet" key.

Edited by burnsva

Thanks

I assume that you are talking about the keypad on the driver's door. I had that on my '88 Taurus and I loved it. I was really excited to get it on my new Escape. I'm not sure how much it gets used today since everyone has remotes, but I know it is useful if keys get locked inside or you want to leave the car running while you are not in it.

I find it very useful. For example, if I am outside and for some reason I need to get into the vehicle but don't have the key, I just use the code. In another case, I was trying to clean out one of my other cars and needed a place to temporary move things to, I just open the back of the Mariner.

I find it very useful. For example, if I am outside and for some reason I need to get into the vehicle but don't have the key, I just use the code. In another case, I was trying to clean out one of my other cars and needed a place to temporary move things to, I just open the back of the Mariner.

My Mariner came with the keypad on the door too, but in two years, I have yet to ever need to use it. Matter of fact, I have no idea what the factory combination for it is, unless I get the paper for it out of the glove box.

When home, my Mariner is parked in the garage, and in the garage, I don't bother to ever lock my cars. When not home, I have the keys and fob in my pocket.

If I had to actually pay extra for option, I would pass.

Thanks

I was upset it wasn't available on my Fusion, I use it all the time on my Explorer. I can lock it up and not worry about carrying around the keys. Set your code to an important date you need to remember (such as your wife's birthday or anniversay) and you'll always remember it (or get locked out because you forgot the date)

I was upset it wasn't available on my Fusion, I use it all the time on my Explorer. I can lock it up and not worry about carrying around the keys. Set your code to an important date you need to remember (such as your wife's birthday or anniversay) and you'll always remember it (or get locked out because you forgot the date)

Dang, then I would have to pick which one of my ex-wives I want to remember. Maybe I will pick my dog's birthday ;)

It is available for your Fusion. Just stop by your local Ford dealer, buy the accessory and install it yourself. Takes 5 minutes.

It is available for your Fusion. Just stop by your local Ford dealer, buy the accessory and install it yourself. Takes 5 minutes.

To be clear - this is not the same as the factory keypad. This version is a stick-on that works just like an additional keyfob. It does work but it doesn't look as nice as the OEM keypad.

Functionally, it is the same. You enter the 5 digit code to open the drivers door, then additional numbers to open the rest of the doors or the trunk. Press the last two digits together and all the doors lock. True, though, it doesn't look as good as a factory unit. Function over beauty on this one.

69001740.jpg

My Mariner came with the keypad on the door too, but in two years, I have yet to ever need to use it. Matter of fact, I have no idea what the factory combination for it is, unless I get the paper for it out of the glove box.

I wrote the code on the inside of my wallet with a sharpie.

Forget numbers, pick a word you can remember, say "wraps" , and translate it to a number pad, example; wraps = 97277, a totally nonsensical number combination (although had I plenty of time, I would look for a word that didn't have so many 7's. As long as you remember the word, you are set. Also you can simply write it on a card and carry it with you, very few people could figure out what it is for if they found it. I've used this method for several recent number passwords and they are easy to remember, yet hard to guess. Just don't use your name or anything. I like the feature, even though so far, I haven't used it much.

Yeah I know, but it looks goofy. It looks like a big TV remote stuck to the side of your car. Definately not as nice as from the factory.

Yeah I know, but it looks goofy. It looks like a big TV remote stuck to the side of your car. Definately not as nice as from the factory.

I love my factory keypad, but on the FEHL the metal is so thin where it is mounted it flexes when I push the numbers. On my '05 FEH I have the one you buy and stick-on and there is no flexing because it's a solid unit. The stick-on doesn't handle the sun well and the number are faded now. The keypads are great for family shopping and the beaches where anyone in the family can retrieve or place things in the vehicle without a key. It's always nice to be able to unlock the vehicle when you don't have the key or fob with you. Like I said, I bought the stick-on for my '05 and this was because I am so use to getting in my vehicles without a key. I also bought a keypad for my garage door for almost the same reasons. Everything is coded the same so everyone in the family can access the cars and house without a key.

Hi all. :D Just an idea that I have seen others recommend, concerning the stick on keypad. Install it to the inside of your Fuel Filler Door. This idea is especially helpful when the door is on the drivers side. This way, the keypad is out of sight (for security purposes) and protected (from the elements). Of course, this is a no go if you have a locking Fuel Filler Door (with a release inside the passenger compartment).

Anyway, just a thought.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi all. :D Just an idea that I have seen others recommend, concerning the stick on keypad. Install it to the inside of your Fuel Filler Door. This idea is especially helpful when the door is on the drivers side. This way, the keypad is out of sight (for security purposes) and protected (from the elements). Of course, this is a no go if you have a locking Fuel Filler Door (with a release inside the passenger compartment).

Anyway, just a thought.

Good luck. :beerchug:

That's a great idea but I think it's more beneficial from an aesthetics standpoint than a security standpoint, although it would be slightly more secure if it was hidden.

Thanks

I really learned to love the key pad entry when I started racing. Many, many times in the hectic prepararion for a race, I found I could not find the truck key and it was so nice to be able to open the cab of my 02 F-150 quickly and get important things (like my helmet!) without having to actually find the key.

Are you really talking about remote start???

To be clear - this is not the same as the factory keypad. This version is a stick-on that works just like an additional keyfob. It does work but it doesn't look as nice as the OEM keypad.

Yuck. The only one that looks even remotely nice to me is the one on the MKS, which can't be seen at all. I wouldn't want a keypad unless it was hidden like the MKS's.