2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon

rmc523

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-wagon.html

Here's Cadillac's CTS Sport Wagon, which Cadillac created as an alternative to sport utilities, etc......

If GM hopes to take Cadillac to the other side of the Atlantic, this is the car to do it with. If all truth be told, I think this one looks much better than the sedan.

Rear-ward visibility doesn't look all that good, though.

Looking at the pics more closely, it looks pretty good. One thing stuck out at me as strange though: The tapered gap between the trailing edge of the chrome window surround and the leading edge of the D-pillar. What's up with that? Just seems like they didn't try hard enough to resolve that junction properly or something. :shrug:

Not bad for a wagon I guess.

As stated, did GM not check the sales log for the Dodge Magnum? I mean, who the fuck wants a luxury station wagon? And yeah Nick, if the G8 can't sell, how is that G8 ST or whatever they want to call it going to sell? Stupid...

i would think more people would want a 4 door car with some cargo capacity and nice styling instead of say, a 2 door pony car.

i would think more people would want a 4 door car with some cargo capacity and nice styling instead of say, a 2 door pony car.

Not to mention the fact that the Magnum spent most of its short life with a butt-ugly front end. They finally revised it to something cool-looking for its final model year. At least the CTS wagon starts out as a good-looking car.

Secondly, they didn't advertise the Magnum all that much, out of fear of cutting into Durango and Caravan sales. Since Cadillac only has one CUV that this vehicle may be competing with, it is in a much better position, and can recieve more in the way of publicity.

I'm telling you, once anti-CUV sentiment starts kicking in, vehicles like this may be in big demand.

That has epic fail written all over it...then again they are only planning on making 10-15K of them a year with half of them going overseas, so might not be that bad....

I think the only way this vehicle will survive is through exported sales. I don't really see them selling all that many of these.

I love the styling of the current CTS but something about the wagon isn't right. The back-end just looks awkward to me.

I agree. I don't really like how they used the same doors as the sedan, it reminds me of those old Saturn wagons where they just looked like they stuck some glass and a roof on the back end of them. Now this is better integrated than those, but still.

I don't know why they threw in the Volvo-esque full height taillights either, no current Cadillac has those, they're current vehicles stop at the beltline.

Looking at the pics more closely, it looks pretty good. One thing stuck out at me as strange though: The tapered gap between the trailing edge of the chrome window surround and the leading edge of the D-pillar. What's up with that? Just seems like they didn't try hard enough to resolve that junction properly or something. :shrug:

Not bad for a wagon I guess.

These are all first run prototype parts off brand new tools. We are well aware of the issues.

-J

These are all first run prototype parts off brand new tools. We are well aware of the issues.

-J

Doesn't look like a tooling issue though. It looks like it was an intentional design element to taper away toward the bottom of the pillar edge. Maybe it will be changed before production though.....

Doesn't look like a tooling issue though. It looks like it was an intentional design element to taper away toward the bottom of the pillar edge. Maybe it will be changed before production though.....

Now I see what you are talking about. I thought that you were refering to the qtr window bright molding. sorry about that

-J