Global Ford CEO backs Aussie Falcon but it may be FWD

jpd80

So , you are agreeing that once the Panthers are done...Ford will have nothing to offer.

Interesting "about face" you did.

Ford will have nothing to offer you, I agree, but really, they don't have anything to offer you now. You wouldn't buy a new car anyway, and that, along with many other reasons, is why you have nothing to offer.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fail...seems you need to look in the mirror...comparing a midsize to a "full size"...no hang up about tempos at all...they ran and ran and ran, never dies, became a rental car fav because of it.....sound familiar? and as for the wait around comment...market is TOTALLY different to when the P came out...people DEMAND change now and at quicker intervals....funnily enough, walking thru the service drive only D3's I see are in for routine maintence.....so far so good....and none of them are yellow or black and white either...quite tasteful....(

I wasn't comparing "size", I was pointing out:

must admit I chuckled at the tempo photo next to the Taurus....similarities...LOL! )

That's a personal "attack"? The only thing "personal" about it is what's in your signature. And your love of panthers is what you post about every time, it should go with your signature.

Yup, when you have no point to make other than berate what I drive, then it's a personal attack, and a weak one at that. I appreciate the Ranger, the Mustang, and the Fusion, I guess that means I need to own several of each to have an opinion?

Edited by Armada Master

Yup, when you have no point to make other than berate what I drive, then it's a personal attack, and a weak one at that. I appreciate the Ranger, the Mustang, and the Fusion, I guess that means I need to own several of each to have an opinion?

Exactly. You are not ALOUD to have an opinion on a specific vehicle until you personally purchase every vehicle in that specific class, test them, and rank the Ford on top. If you don't do that, you have no opinion.

Funny though, I can name several publications that are staffed by people that work in the industry who's sole job is to drive and test cars. But what do they know...they only do what the :cheerleader: want us to do...

You would think....somewhere in Ford's global architecture...there would be room for a new RWD car platform!

Especially if it shares powertrains and electricals with the Mustang.

The 2010 V6 Falcon arrives in 2 years so the Aussie Falcon will stay until 2012.

Ford are in no real hury either way with the question of FWD or RWD successor because the curent cars

in both markets are filling the customer's needs and truthfully, the emphasis (and money) is better

spent on the 85% of the market where sales of Focus/Fiesta/Fusion are far more important.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH! I just went to three threads in a row, and found the same three people talking about the Pa :censored: er. Let it go!

See....that time woulda been better spent writing Ford to get the Panther it's overdue and deserved update. Be gone now. :hysterical:

Typing a letter is harder then net surfing. Besides, what do they know about BOF, and Panthers?

What do you expect the censored car sales to look like, when it has its hands tied behind it back.

The consumer model, still sells to fleets at 48.2%, or one out of two sales to fleets. Was that the goal?

Typing a letter is harder then net surfing. Besides, what do they know about BOF, and Panthers?

What do you expect the censored car sales to look like, when it has its hands tied behind it back.

The consumer model, still sells to fleets at 48.2%, or one out of two sales to fleets. Was that the goal?

Is it just me, or did those four sentances make no sense????

Global Ford CEO backs Aussie Falcon but it may be FWD

Then that would make it a....D3. arcadefreak.gif

I'll go on record as saying that I'll LMFAO if the almighty "Dear God why can't NA have one" infallible RWD Falcon gets outlasted by the Panthers.

So....after 9 pages, what I am getting out of all this, is that AU is getting D3s. SOMEBODY'S gonna buy them, dammit! Just ask Mulally. drug.gif

I'll go on record as saying that I'll LMFAO if the almighty "Dear God why can't NA have one" infallible RWD Falcon gets outlasted by the Panthers.

You'd be wrong again,

The next Falcon, signed off two months ago goes on sale mid CY2010 and will run until the end of CY2012.

2012 = 52 years continuous production of Falcons at Broadmeadows.

Falcon will out live the "short lived" panther platform, Muuuhhhhhaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!

But seriously Armada Master,

I read the updates to the 2009 Crown Victoria and I gotta say, Ford have improved the this model

in serious ways - thorax airbags, adjustable pedals and better brakes offering up to 10 feet reduction

in 60-0 braking distance - that is a substantial upgrade.

Edited by jpd80

You'd be wrong again,

The next Falcon, signed off two months ago goes on sale mid CY2010 and will run until the end of CY2012.

2012 = 52 years continuous production of Falcons at Broadmeadows.

Falcon will out live the "short lived" panther platform, Muuuhhhhhaaahhhhhhaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!

I read the updates to the 2009 Crown Victoria and I gotta say, Ford have improved the this model

in serious ways - thorax airbags, adjustable pedals and better brakes offering up to 10 feet reduction

2010 it's going to get a 3.6L Turbo-Diesel 272hp and 36mpg hwy, 25mpg combined (NA emissions tune). 39mpg hwy 29.5mpg combined (export emissions tune). Should be great for livery service as well as PD's that want to reduce fuel costs.

Not sure why there is no talk of at least a 3V MOD.

Things are looking up.

Edited by Hemiman

2010 it's going to get a 3.6L Turbo-Diesel 272hp and 36mpg hwy, 25mpg combined (NA emissions tune). 39mpg hwy 29.5mpg combined (export emissions tune). Should be great for livery service as well as PD's that want to reduce fuel costs.

Not sure why there is no talk of at least a 3V MOD.

Things are looking up.

l_cf051e9f1c8af2100169ad76214d2e1b.jpg