August Sales Focus and Escape winners

Ford Jellymoulds

Around the SE area, Ford dealers are selling F series very well, also the Exby. Every GMC/Chevy lot I pass has tons of the pickups and SUV's sitting on the lots. All have the employee discount all over them.Talked with a Chevy dealership owner last month and he was quite worried as to all the stock he had on the lot

Not sure where you are in the Southeast, but in my area of the Southeast, I haven't seen a new F150, 250, or 350 bought lately unless it is for fleet. A few Silverados but not many of either. Lots are full of both.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Tata release sales data for Europe?

Anyhow your line of reasoning is so very flawed. BMW didn't want Land Rover and neither did Ford. From those two transactions alone (not to mention who the brands were sold to) the writing is on the wall.

Credit Crunch is only just starting to bite in the UK now.

UK new car registrations were down by 18.6% in August compared with the same month a year ago. The hardest hit were the more expensive marques, with sales of BMW down almost 40%, Land Rover 58% lower, Jaguar down 41%, Mercedes-Benz off 35% and Aston Martin down 67% according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/sep/0...rs.creditcrunch

Land Rover down 58%

Jaguar down 41%

The UK August market was the lowest since 1966 and accounted for a quarter of the fall in volumes over the year-to-date. The last three months account for 89% of the drop off in sales.

UK August car sales have hit the floor nobody is buying cars here, Vauxhall Corsa was the No1 best selling car in Britain in August, Vauxhall have been No1 twice in the last 3 months something not heard of since the late 1960's Ford have always been No 1 this is a very strange thing to see happening.

UK August car sales

Ford Focus 2,993 (1 in every 3 Focus's sold in Europe gets sold in Britain)

Ford Mondeo 1,392 (1 in every 3 Mondeo's sold in the World gets sold in Britain)

Ford's Cortina used to sell over 16,600 every month in the UK just before it faced the axe in 1979 just to show how much things have changed in the UK.

"August is one of the quietest months for the new car market, but this year it was the lowest since 1966 with only 63,225 registrations.

http://www.smmt.co.uk/articles/article.cfm?articleid=17990

Gotta say some good may come out of it the UK government may be forced to cut the green Global Warming taxes it had planned for the future "Showroom tax" on big cars, massive "Road tax" rises.

FOE NEED to put PRESSURE on the UK government NOW to scrap the massive tax rises because if they dont Fords gas guzzling Mondeo and Kuga and some Focus models sales will disappear for good, never has been better time hit the UK government hard, l can't see the spineless Rolent de walt Ford UKs boss doing anything about it though he will just say Fords are crap to the Media like he did in the last Daily Mail interview.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Well why make the Escape and the Kuga then? Why not just make one model? Same arguement with the Flex. Why bother? Why not just make the S-Max in the USA and a LWB version if required?

So the Flex looks different. Great but frankly I think Ford may be loosing sales to people who might actually prefer an S-Max anyway.

Ford has too many overlapping models world wide. That's the real point I'm making.

Only thing FOE will be sending to the US is a "SOS Distress Signal" sales have just hit the floor in August in the UK the worst sales numbers l have ever known from Ford.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

They really could have saved money and renamed the T-X, Flex. Granted they tried the name changing thing already...

Between the pair, they now sell about 3,800 -4,000/month but not what Ford intended I'm sure.

Can't help thinking more could have been achieved with derivatives off :redcard: much the same way

FoA did with the Falcon. If done right FNA could have had a new Explorer and Pick up (mainline) and justified both perimiter an ladder frames on the one platform - much easier to accomplish.

(P, notice how I mention it in a good way - unlike others)