August Sales Focus and Escape winners

Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think all the Labor day #'s are in yet for Ford...we personally rolled about 20 f150's RETAIL over the weekend...incentives were hiilariously LUDICROUS and people flocked.....pi$$'s me off no end that incentives are the conduit....more so than I can recall....

All the numbers are in that your dealership wants to be in! Sometimes your Sales Manager may sandbag a little depending upon how he is paid.

In all seriousness what makes a Flex overpriced, and if it is overpriced what should be the proper price point?

Are the Lambdas overpriced?

Are the Chryco Minivans/Sienna/Odyssey overpriced?

Is the Explorer overpriced?

If you don't need NAV a Flex SEL AWD can be had with a decent amount of equipment for WELL under 40K.

I cant see how the Kuga, could be placed UNDER the Escape. The Escapes architecture is getting quite old and tiresome, and from my experience with it recently, I wasn't impressed. Although from what I understand, the Kuga is the Escape replacement, but obviously will keep the Escape name. Supposedly in 2 years it's been said...

In all seriousness what makes a Flex overpriced, and if it is overpriced what should be the proper price point?

Are the Lambdas overpriced?

Are the Chryco Minivans/Sienna/Odyssey overpriced?

Is the Explorer overpriced?

If you don't need NAV a Flex SEL AWD can be had with a decent amount of equipment for WELL under 40K.

I agree...you can actually get a Flex AWD Limited for several thousand under 40k. I just don't get the deal with people bit^&ing about the price of the Flex.

Around the SE area, Ford dealers are selling F series very well, also the Exby. Every GMC/Chevy lot I pass has tons of the pickups and SUV's sitting on the lots. All have the employee discount all over them.Talked with a Chevy dealership owner last month and he was quite worried as to all the stock he had on the lot

Well I did my small part for Ford. My mom had a Cadillac SRX come off lease and needed a replacement. Her choices were used BMW X3, new Accord, Altima, and Camry. I sent my mom to check out the Lincoln MKZ. Basically with the current incentives, she could pickup an MKZ for the cost of a new V6 Accord/Altima/Camry. (Factoring prevailing interest rates.) My mom went with a coworker and ultimately, both picked up MKZ's. Although the coworker leased her's last month and my mom took delivery of her's yesterday.

Kuga is a great replacement for the Escape...Flex will do fine, its launch parralelles the Edge...took 3 months for it to garner buyers interest....albiet that was in better economic times....

Ford Escape 14,000 sales up 17%

NEW Ford Kuga 3,500 sales

Gotta say l prefer the styling of Escape to the Kuga, Europes Kuga market is just as big as the States l am just hoping the NEW Kuga production line is not up to full speed yet because those numbers are not impressive for something NEW.

As for the Kuga replacing the Escape, I wonder how people are going to take to the styling...IMO it looks too much like Ford RAV4 to me.

One of the appeals of the Escape is that it still looks like a SUV/Truck, not a crossover, which helps make it look different then somewhat similar Edge. If the Kuga/Escape looks like the current Kuga, there could be problems.

When does the new model production start? I thought Kansas truck was supposed to start in August and Dearborn at the end of September.

I will agree that the sell down is actually going pretty well. The dealers around here have moved a lot of trucks especially in the last two months. Inventory is starting to become an issue.

When does the new model production start? I thought Kansas truck was supposed to start in August and Dearborn at the end of September.

I will agree that the sell down is actually going pretty well. The dealers around here have moved a lot of trucks especially in the last two months. Inventory is starting to become an issue.

'09 production isn't supposed to start until November or so, last I heard.

Ford Escape 14,000 sales up 17%

NEW Ford Kuga 3,500 sales

Gotta say l prefer the styling of Escape to the Kuga, Europes Kuga market is just as big as the States l am just hoping the NEW Kuga production line is not up to full speed yet because those numbers are not impressive for something NEW.

Is that all the Kuga sold? I like the Kuga but it's a bit expensive and Ford have priced it too close to premium SUV brands. In the UK I've only seen one since launch and that belonged to the dealer. To give you an idea of how low that number is Land Rover sell at least twice (maybe 3 times) as many LR2's and charge more money. And before you flame me, I only quote Land Rover because in the UK the LR2 is still the top selling small SUV, despite the fact it's one of the most expensive. Actually when you look at the numbers then you have to ask the obvious question. Why sell a market leader and make the Kuga? Also the likes of Land Rover are now spending billions on green tech, where will Ford fund this from for the next Kuga? 3,500 sales that's terrible!

Is that all the Kuga sold? I like the Kuga but it's a bit expensive and Ford have priced it too close to premium SUV brands. In the UK I've only seen one since launch and that belonged to the dealer. To give you an idea of how low that number is Land Rover sell at least twice (maybe 3 times) as many LR2's and charge more money. And before you flame me, I only quote Land Rover because in the UK the LR2 is still the top selling small SUV, despite the fact it's one of the most expensive. Actually when you look at the numbers then you have to ask the obvious question. Why sell a market leader and make the Kuga? Also the likes of Land Rover are now spending billions on green tech, where will Ford fund this from for the next Kuga? 3,500 sales that's terrible!

billions on green tech? where are the results?...seems to me with the kuga being relitively the same size as the escape that it would make sense to graft the HYBRID ( yes...already here, already avail amd proven no less ) into the kuga......and question...how long has the Kuga been out....as long as the LR?...market share takes a little more time than just ad water and sit back....

What are you talking about?

On those volumes why even bother trying to make the Kuga, when it would have been more proftable to just keep the Land Rover brand which has the market leader in the LR2? It doesn't actually make sense to have funded the Kuga's development when it's sales are such a very long long way behind.

billions on green tech? where are the results?...seems to me with the kuga being relitively the same size as the escape that it would make sense to graft the HYBRID ( yes...already here, already avail amd proven no less ) into the kuga......and question...how long has the Kuga been out....as long as the LR?...market share takes a little more time than just ad water and sit back....

Well why make the Escape and the Kuga then? Why not just make one model? Same arguement with the Flex. Why bother? Why not just make the S-Max in the USA and a LWB version if required?

So the Flex looks different. Great but frankly I think Ford may be loosing sales to people who might actually prefer an S-Max anyway.

Ford has too many overlapping models world wide. That's the real point I'm making.

Well why make the Escape and the Kuga then? Why not just make one model? Same arguement with the Flex. Why bother? Why not just make the S-Max in the USA and a LWB version if required?

So the Flex looks different. Great but frankly I think Ford may be loosing sales to people who might actually prefer an S-Max anyway.

Ford has too many overlapping models world wide. That's the real point I'm making.

they are...Kuga IS the Escape replacement.....S-max? please...Flex will do fine on its own..AND is starting to pick up....why would one waste money on developing a US spec S-max and THEN and extended version when the Flex has just been released?

Edited by Deanh

On those volumes why even bother trying to make the Kuga, when it would have been more proftable to just keep the Land Rover brand which has the market leader in the LR2? It doesn't actually make sense to have funded the Kuga's development when it's sales are such a very long long way behind.

Did Tata release sales data for Europe?

Anyhow your line of reasoning is so very flawed. BMW didn't want Land Rover and neither did Ford. From those two transactions alone (not to mention who the brands were sold to) the writing is on the wall.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Also the likes of Land Rover are now spending billions on green tech, where will Ford fund this from for the next Kuga?

Uh, from corporate accounts, that's where. The green tech that you are so in thrall of will be Ford's corporate green tech, you know, from all the R & D that Ford does. You know, like Ford's hybrid tech, and green stuff like that. :)

Edited by Edstock

Uh, from corporate accounts, that's where. The green tech that you are so in thrall of will be Ford's corporate green tech, you know, from all the R & D that Ford does. You know, like Ford's hybrid tech, and green stuff like that. :)

funny....indian based "green tech".......next up China goes PZEV.........