August Sales Focus and Escape winners

Ford Jellymoulds

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F series sales are really in the gutter. Its worse than I expected. Overall, I dont see much there to be too happy about. Anybody have the sales numbers for GM and Yota?

Ford cant get new products to the market quick enough.

GM probably bit quite a lot into F-series sales with the Employee Pricing gimmick. They sold around 55,000 Silverados for the month. They sold more...but at what cost?

GM probably bit quite a lot into F-series sales with the Employee Pricing gimmick. They sold around 55,000 Silverados for the month. They sold more...but at what cost?

Wow, they sold that many? Do you have a link to the sales? That really surprises me but I was not aware of the employee pricing deal. Was Ford asleep or just determined not to give away trucks this month?

I'd be curious to see incentive spending for the month. If Ford's is truly far enough from GM/Chrysler, I have to wonder if the smaller much leaner Ford is finally seeing the light of day. Now having said that I thought Ford had some pretty sweet deals on closeout 08s, whereas GM's Employee pricing applies to 08 and 09 models (I think).

Wow, they sold that many? Do you have a link to the sales? That really surprises me but I was not aware of the employee pricing deal. Was Ford asleep or just determined not to give away trucks this month?

Employee pricing has been around for a while, it doesn't take much to roll it out either. Selling a ton of vehicles below invoice, isn't the quickest way to financial stability.

I also have to wonder if folks are holding out for the 09. I mean why buy the 08 when you can get something much newer and improved.

They sold more...but at what cost?

I agree. Sure, it's depressing, but Ford is not "in denial", 2K8 is a big loser, and giving away F-150's just louses up market conditions for the new truck's introduction, without doing anything really fundamentally positive.

Edited by Edstock

Hmmm, still appear to be running lease deals in SoCal. Dean, care to chime in?

yep...but they may/ maynot have fit this gents parameters...ie $300 a month...I really don't know. i'm fighting a guy that bought a loaded Explorer and I can't compete with the same payment on an 09Escape!!!!! Yes leasing has changed...we are creatures of habit...and when year old payments cannot be attained eyebrows and "dealer is taking me" jitters arise. That said all the labor day hilarities were retail based....incentives were no where near as high on leases....... as for his raise the MSRP comment thats just plain stupid....appeal to the lease buyer and piss the retail guy off.....residuals is the secret and Ford has brought them down to reality...inflated resuduals are what killed BOA, World OMNI, Ge Capitol, Sanwa, Wells Fargo etc etc etc......

Something to keep in mind when looking at Ford/GM sales;

Ford's Aug. fleet sales were down 31%.

GM has this posted on its site- "August had largest total, retail and fleet deliveries so far in 2008"

I don't think all the Labor day #'s are in yet for Ford...we personally rolled about 20 f150's RETAIL over the weekend...incentives were hiilariously LUDICROUS and people flocked.....pi$$'s me off no end that incentives are the conduit....more so than I can recall....

GM August sales release: http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...amp;docid=48302

It's not like Ford wasn't trying. Aren't they still running employee pricing on F-150? They could be running low on stock though. A few people here have mentioned that their local dealers are looking pretty bare of F-series offerings, and production is done until the '09 kicks off. Could be a few really rough months ahead for F-series totals.

Ford truck and van sales fell 39% to 54,565, with SUV sales plummeting 53% and F-series truck sales tumbling 42%. Weak truck and SUV sales recently led Ford to push back the launch of its redesigned F-150 pickup truck that once was expected to drive the company's recovery.

Total Ford, Lincoln and Mercury car sales fell 8.9% to 52,677. Retail sales of the Focus, a hot-selling small car, rose 23%.

Can the Fiesta get here soon enough?

GM August sales release: http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...amp;docid=48302

It's not like Ford wasn't trying. Aren't they still running employee pricing on F-150? They could be running low on stock though. A few people here have mentioned that their local dealers are looking pretty bare of F-series offerings, and production is done until the '09 kicks off. Could be a few really rough months ahead for F-series totals.

Thanks for the link. If you add in the GMC sales they sold well over 75K trucks in August. Last time I was at my local for dealer they had trucks and suv's literally all over the place. I saw one flex, one focus, a handful of v6 mustangs and a couple of GT's. They did have a bunch of tauras and fusions though. This is just a small time dealer though but they have lived and died off the F150 for years. I didnt see a ranger anywhere on the lot that was a 4 banger.

Whew, I hope things get better. Toyota looks like they were down about 9 percent. They sell camrys like selling candy to a kid. I dont have anything against toyota like some do but I cant justify the higher prices they get for them. It boggles the mind that consumers can get caught up sometimes in the BS the media prints.

Will the Fiesta be enough?

can't hurt...and for us to FINALLY have something that pushes the stylistic envelope instead of faceless non descript long in the tooth inventory is GREAT! Fiesta will work wonders to creating interest not only in itself ( people that NEVER considered a Ford before WILL be looking )but the FULL lineup....I predict the Fusion makeover will also help, but not as dramatically, Mustang won't hurt...wonder whats next?

Whew, I hope things get better. Toyota looks like they were down about 9 percent. They sell camrys like selling candy to a kid. I dont have anything against toyota like some do but I cant justify the higher prices they get for them. It boggles the mind that consumers can get caught up sometimes in the BS the media prints.

Consumers are Morons -- they do things because other people do things from voting to owning a car.

There was this woman that had a 3 year old Saab SUV and she wanted to trade it in on a Honda to save gas. It will take her 52years of driving to save the money on gas driving the Accord for what she was upside down on the SUV, but she didn't care, in her mind she was saving money trading it in.