Loathsome Cars

The F-150 has to be the strangest thing on the roads there ;) Now lets send you guys an Excursion, Super Duty, Navigator, and Lincoln Mark VIII :).

As far as I'm aware, the problem with exporting the Excursion to England is that the regulations over there require it to be registered as a multi-family dwelling.

:D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have waded through all the posts mentioned here. Many people hate Hyundais because they are cheap, and some are ugly. Time and time again, this hatred is mentioned in this forum. However, I can really understand hating a vehicle on general prinicple, such as my loathing of compact Chevy models. Why? Because they all feel, drive and sound the same cheap way. Many of you know I own a Hyundai. Someone mentioned here that a car can be considered a tool for tansport. That's pretty much how I feel about my Accent. It is a back up car for us, even though my wife uses it for work when she doesn't ride with someone. Of course, anyone can express any reason for hating a vehicle. Unless you have owned on though, those complaints and opinons are yours and yours alone. It doesn't mean anything to anyone else.

Agreed! All new Acura's, excluding the MDX look horrible.

The new Ridgeline and Pilot (can you really consider them all new?) are plain fugly.

Don't mind the Civic or CR-V much and kind of like the Odyssey, S2000 and Accord Coupe, but hate the Element, FIT and Accord sedan.

What is this (FCX Clarity)? Haven't seen that one before. Wow, 3 year lease for $600 per month, ouch! Zero emissions hydrogen powered fuel cell sedan? Is this the new Insight?

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Eh, I'm not a big fan of the MDX's grille though....I think if they changed that and a few other minor things, it'd look fine. I think the Odyssey is the best looking minivan currently made (except I dont like the refreshed model's taillights). Accord Coupe and S2000 aren't bad but everything else is ugly.

Sad, b/c I thought Acura made some of the best looking cars out there this past (or current TL) generation.

And that FCX applies to the ugly theme as well.

No...it looks like a frog that has been exposed to copious amounts of radioactive material.

Hmmm, interesting that you make this comment, yet your sig has a green Falcon in it.... :stirpot:

No, I love the Falcon though, it was just a funny coincidence.

As far as I'm aware, the problem with exporting the Excursion to England is that the regulations over there require it to be registered as a multi-family dwelling.

:D

:hysterical::hysterical:

I really laughed at that one.

I, too, am annoyed by most of the models pointed out already, but for some reason I'm particularly annoyed by Avalons. . .

Then you must love the D3 sedans. :hysterical:

You know what sucks? Crown vics. If it ain't a cop, it's the damn mob.

2nd page, I called it! :redcard:

Number one on my personal loathe list:

2000_Chevrolet_Impala_LS-Sedan.jpg

Inferior in almost everyway to it's predecessor, and they can't buy them fast enough. :banghead:

The D3 sedans are a close second, but it's not so much the car itself I loathe (well styling ok), but the ongoing business failure they reek of.

Old TL FTW, new TL FTL.

Edited by Armada Master

I hate the over-bloated, over-priced gas sucking Corvette. For the cost of that POS, you could buy a well made anything else and have money left over to party.

so, from that comment I can deduce you are not middle aged, wear an unbuttoned shirt complete with hairy chest and a Gold medallion in there somewhere...wear Persol glasses, designer Jeans and sport a bad combover.....

Whoa...for a minute there I thought you were talking about the GT500...

see the above post #132....I would take a GT500 over a Vette in a heartbeat, replace the pulley, do some exhaust work, hell maybe even some coil overs......and the bike of course.....my Dad had an earlier Vette...HATED that car...seemed absolutely HUGE in comparison with the Stang, probably due to the huge hood one has to peer over...

Edited by Deanh

I hate the over-bloated, over-priced gas sucking Corvette. For the cost of that POS, you could buy a well made anything else and have money left over to party.

Whoa... Wait a minute. I'm as much of a ... what do you guys call me... Cheerleader. That's it. Yeah, I'm about as much of a cheerleader as is possible, but calling the vette a bloated, overpriced gas hog is just about as crazy a statement I've ever heard here... And I've read some stupid shit here. The vette weighs in at around 3300 lbs. Lighter by far than most cars. Over priced? The car equals or beats perfomance cars costing mutiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. As for a gas sucker, the vette regularly gets 30 mpg on the highway. So it may not be the most capable family hauler, or tow rig, but that's not what it's for. If you're gonna bash it, at least bash it for it's styling, or other subjective shortcomings. Calling the car a bloated, gas guzzling overpriced POS is just stupid. It's a 30mpg, entry level supercar at an attainable price. Corvette drivers, though DO drive me crazy. S.L.O.W.....

Whoa...for a minute there I thought you were talking about the GT500...

Gee P, I wonder why people think you don't like Fords. You barely get to 20 bashing posts a day, I mean come on, you obviously love them. For the record, Road and Track put a vette and a GT500 on a roadcourse (I believe it was Buttonwillow), and the two cars were seperated by 1/10th of a second with their lap times. Not bad for such a "bloated" car. Gas mileage on the GT500 does pale in comparison to the Chevy, though.

Whoa... Wait a minute. I'm as much of a ... what do you guys call me... Cheerleader. That's it. Yeah, I'm about as much of a cheerleader as is possible, but calling the vette a bloated, overpriced gas hog is just about as crazy a statement I've ever heard here... And I've read some stupid shit here. The vette weighs in at around 3300 lbs. Lighter by far than most cars. Over priced? The car equals or beats perfomance cars costing mutiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. As for a gas sucker, the vette regularly gets 30 mpg on the highway. So it may not be the most capable family hauler, or tow rig, but that's not what it's for. If you're gonna bash it, at least bash it for it's styling, or other subjective shortcomings. Calling the car a bloated, gas guzzling overpriced POS is just stupid. It's a 30mpg, entry level supercar at an attainable price. Corvette drivers, though DO drive me crazy. S.L.O.W.....

yup, GREAT specs, GREAT performance, GREAT everything really...would I own one...NO WAY...car to me somehow lacks Character, awesome car for sure, just the GT500 just tickles my fancy better, seems to have somewhat more attitude....just got an 09 Black loaded put on the Showroom...pretty awesome....and BOTTOM LINE...either car is more capable than 99% of the posters here.......

Edited by Deanh

yup, GREAT specs, GREAT performance, GREAT everything really...would I own one...NO WAY...car to me somehow lacks Character, awesome car for sure, just the GT500 just tickles my fancy better, seems to have somewhat more attitude....just got an 09 Black loaded put on the Showroom...pretty awesome....and BOTTOM LINE...either car is more capable than 99% of the posters here.......

I've got a Vapor Silver convertible inside now.... And a bit of a stiffy.

I agree 100%. A friend has an 07 Corvette coupe/6 speed. It's an incredible bargain for what it is: a sports car, AND it gets great gas mileage too. He doesn't drive it slow though....he does the Silver State (Nevada) Challenge, regularly does 160+ mph! But only on a closed course.

Since this is a "negative thread".......my #1 hated vehicle is a BMW SUV. Just stupid in my book. And the people driving them are usually morons. Real Estate wanna-be tycoons (labeled so on the door) chatting mindlessly on a cell phone....hand held or not......oblivious to their surrounds. And aggressive!

And to be sexist, they are usually a type of female who don't know what "day make-up" is. (Hint: if it required a trowel it's too early).

Since this is a "negative thread".......my #1 hated vehicle is a BMW SUV. Just stupid in my book. And the people driving them are usually morons. Real Estate wanna-be tycoons (labeled so on the door) chatting mindlessly on a cell phone....hand held or not......oblivious to their surrounds. And aggressive!

And to be sexist, they are usually a type of female who don't know what "day make-up" is. (Hint: if it required a trowel it's too early).

seems San Diego is Orange Countys relative...... :shades:

Gee P, I wonder why people think you don't like Fords. You barely get to 20 bashing posts a day, I mean come on, you obviously love them.

Hell no. I think I "dislike" the GT500 more than I do the re-skinned Focus or the Flexy. It is a terrible car. Too heavy, balance is all off, ugly, poor handling. Plus, the interior is typical Ford bargain-basement crap (but I am sure that is great for you when spending $40K + the suckers fee). And on top of that, it has a beam for the rear suspension.

The Corvette is such a better car, you can't even compare them. The Corvette is a great sports car while the GT500 is...umm..............not. And anyone that pays that kind of money for a car that can only go in a straight line...is insane.

Hell no. I think I "dislike" the GT500 more than I do the re-skinned Focus or the Flexy. It is a terrible car. Too heavy, balance is all off, ugly, poor handling. Plus, the interior is typical Ford bargain-basement crap (but I am sure that is great for you when spending $40K + the suckers fee). And on top of that, it has a beam for the rear suspension.

The Corvette is such a better car, you can't even compare them. The Corvette is a great sports car while the GT500 is...umm..............not. And anyone that pays that kind of money for a car that can only go in a straight line...is insane.

Stang seems to be doing great on the racetrack.....even embarassing quite a few HIGH end IRS equipped competitors....people may poo poo the solid axle but it is surprizingly well sorted and like i said...beyond 99% of BON posters driving capabilities...including mine and yours P....

I am 55. Have a full head of hair. I don't care if anyone calls me stupid. Just compare the original Corvette to the "attainable" pig they sell now. It was a sports car when it came out and now it is an overgrown two-seater. If it's such an affordable economy car why aren't they all over the road? It sucks, and besides, it's still a Chevy. For speed and enjoyment, give me a 1965 Mustang 2+2, 289 hipo w/factory headers and the factory 3-speed manual on the floor. Tray and run with it. Nice.

Edited by 156n3rd

Stang seems to be doing great on the racetrack.....even embarassing quite a few HIGH end IRS equipped competitors....people may poo poo the solid axle but it is surprizingly well sorted and like i said...beyond 99% of BON posters driving capabilities...including mine and yours P....

They use a stock suspension in race cars?

What kind of suspension does a F1 car have? What kind of suspension does a Indy car have? Imagine how well they could do with a SRA!

You know, it is not a hard concept. A car has 4 independent wheels...why not treat them independently?

They use a stock suspension in race cars?

What kind of suspension does a F1 car have? What kind of suspension does a Indy car have? Imagine how well they could do with a SRA!

You know, it is not a hard concept. A car has 4 independent wheels...why not treat them independently?

hey, I agree...but it is NOT a big a deal as some make out.........probably better sorted than a MAJORITY of IRS competitors out there...and yep...race cars still have that solid rear axle.....

But is it stock? Is the same girder that is used in the civilian GT500s that you sell?

they are all tweeked...INCLUDING the Vettes....altough I do beleive there is a STOCK class in which the mustangs are cleaning up as well....but, I will fess it IS on smooth track surfaces....and hey, i would take a GTover a Vette any day...car has ZERO pretentiousness and a healthy dose of attitude.....Vette is a FANTASTIC car but has lost its identity over the years....

they are all tweeked...INCLUDING the Vettes....altough I do beleive there is a STOCK class in which the mustangs are cleaning up as well....but, I will fess it IS on smooth track surfaces....and hey, i would take a GTover a Vette any day...car has ZERO pretentiousness and a healthy dose of attitude.....Vette is a FANTASTIC car but has lost its identity over the years....

What identity has it lost exactly? It always has been a sports car and continues to be the best sports car in the U.S.A.