Loathsome Cars

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heres a gem...just to :stirpot: how about the converted diesel Cadillacs....oh...BUT IT WAS DIESEL!!!! they are apparently more durable powerful and economical....

I saw a guy at a car cruise a couple of weeks ago with a Chevy El Camino converted to Diesel with a late '70s Olds Diesel engine. It looked right at home in the El Camino right down to the Diesel badges.

because it IS ghetto? I live in SoCal. The rich older people that have Escalades, and Navis dont have 26s on them, Gucci interiors and Lambo doors on their cars while they drive around with the rear glass open along Long Beach Blvd with some crappy ass Daddy Yankee or some rat bastard fake ass wanna be gangsta thug music while they cut in and out of traffic because they apparantly have somewhere to go. Nor do they have Raiders stickers, stupid car club stickers like "BallerZ Only" on the back of their truck while they cant even afford to fix the keyed paint all along the side of their car.

So yes, its stupid. If you are offended, well so be it. Ive lived in SoCal all my life in a less than rich and prestigious area so ive seen these dumbasses all my life. in the 80s it was hooptie Monte Carlos on Daytons. In the 90s it was Blazers and Chevy 454 SS trucks. Now its Last Gen Monte Carlos on 22s and Excalades on 26s. If what i said annoys you, im glad to return the favor.

Well I kind of get what you're saying because when I see a F-150 or Bronco with 26 inch tires I think redneck.When I see a kid in a brand new car I think spoiled bitch.But cars with rims,gucci interior and lambo doors isn't ghetto.

I would prefer not to even be in a union. The only thing I have seen a union do is protect people who should be in trouble.

It sounds like your district is similar to mine. Though in defense of unions (and ours is practically worthless), compare your pay to pay in right to work states. Texas teachers are barely over the poverty line.

Tundra

And all those stupid hypermiling idiots who think it's environmentally friendly to piss everyone that wants to go to "fast" (and by fast I mean slightly above legal speed limits) by making them wait behind.

Camry..

Again ,I've no idea why people buys Camrys. a buddy of mine sometimes uses his dad's 97 Camry and there's no way why someone would drive this over my 2000 Cirrus. No, not even reliability, he had quite a few problems with it.

Any people who buy imports and are proud of it.

LOVE THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN, OR LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOU LOVE.

Edited by Patate

i hate people who think its their job to tell people who to vote for.....it goes both ways...

read the title of this thread and get off this political BS

im not fond of corvette drivers(although i know some) because more than not they are driving a car that is very fast and capable yet they are always going the slowest when you get behind them......the car is nice though....i doubt sranger is one of them

oh and i hate the Bugatti Veryon....its fugly as hell and cars can achieve better with less engine

Edited by Ford-150

Last weekend l went to the 2008 Isle of Wight International Classic Car Show which had over 800 warm freindly cars of all makes on display, l gotta say there was not one car l didnot like.

It was very refreshing change to see lots of Stars & Stripes flags flying with such great dignity on the hundreds of awesome old/new US made classic cars and classic trucks rather than the usual flag hatred burning sessions that gets burned in just about every other corner of the globe.

What cars do l loath boring bland dull cold jellymoulded souless fridges and US flag burning.

flag_burning.jpg

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Dang, why all the political mumbo jumbo. Back on topic please!

tundra

....and any scion

I don't dislike the Tundra, mostly just the drivers that I've spoken to. Nothing but 0-60 times come out of their mouths, well the majority at least. Not one has used their truck as a truck. Simply as a symbol of having the most poweful and quickest gas motor in a 1/2 ton.

Nothing against Scion since I rarely see/notice any.

The Honda Ridgeline. Hopefully the clear-coat can stand up to projectile vomit.

I hate the owners, the vehicle itself and Honda. Honda for trying to say it's a full-size truck with full-size capabilities, when we all know, well other than those who bought one, know. The owners don't really brag, they are just less knowledgable about what the capabilities of a truck should be and buy it simply because it's a Honda and the salesman said it'd do everything an F150 would.

I don't hate a car per say. I just hate import cheerleaders.

Agreed! Not one car I truly dislike, well until I speak with many owners of those cars. Guess us Ford owners are just as bad sometimes though.

I, too, am annoyed by most of the models pointed out already, but for some reason I'm particularly annoyed by Avalons. . .

The Avalon, like most Toyota's, is bland and nothing appealing about it, other than the perceived reliability.

Hands down, I hate the Prius more than any vehicle on the road. But, more than that - I hate the misconceptions about the vehicle. People where I work think it is saving the planet from imminent doom. It's all a bunch of male bovine fecal matter. (I work in education, no surprise there that they love Prius and hate domestics - heck, union reps pay to send us BS in the mail about how every liberal politician is going to save our job and our education system. I'd rather lose my job than listen to anymore of that nonsense. I'd rather it if the education system didn't tell us who to vote for either ... it's a personal choice, and they shouldn't have any say in it.)

Exactly! I work in education too, at a private Jesuit University. The University purchased roughly 5-7 Prius' about 2-3 years ago for the Fathers. Our EBC was recetnly given a presentation on cost of a Prius and other econoboxes and it was pointed out that the Prius pollutes just as much (if not more) during it's lifecycle when all factors are equated. To my amazement, they have recently purchased a new red '08 Focus for the Fathers, which is the hot ticket right now for them. All our the service trucks are 5.4L and 6.8L SD's.

Actually if folks are talking about how they loathe something, I doubt it's because something was done right.

I'd like to add the Mitsubshi Eclipse and Dodge Charger.

I'd agree on the current and last Gen Eclipse, but the 1st & 2nd Gen Eclipse were great cars in my opinion.

Honda Element

Simply dislike the style, otherwise nothing against the Element.

Im down on anything with a fart can hooked up to it with a big wing and stickers. I dont discriminate on brand either. Im not too hip on the getto burbans and navis like sixty9coug described rollin on their 22's and rap blasters. :hysterical:

Bascially, I have no problem with a econobox car like a corolla. They have their purpose in life but dont put a fart can on it along with a body kit please. Im the taste police when it comes to this sort of thing. Please say no to rice and that means your Ford and Chevy also.

Amen on the fart can and 5 foot spoiler on mommies car. Can't stand them, no matter make/model. The Escalade, H2 and Navi fit two crowds that I've noticed, which both have been mentioned here. Either the well off with too much money type crowd, or the gangsta/hip-hop lifestyle. No offense to anyone, I like Rap/Hip-Hop (grew up on it and the Monte Carlos), but the image portrayed and the way kids try to imitate the lifestyle is laughable. The 2nd crowd is made up of kids that are handed everything by mommy and daddy, or the kid lives at home with mom/dad and spends his entire paycheck on the payment, insurance and fuel bill. I know a few of these type kids, heck even a couple friends are still like this and they're almost 30.

Well I kind of get what you're saying because when I see a F-150 or Bronco with 26 inch tires I think redneck.When I see a kid in a brand new car I think spoiled bitch.But cars with rims,gucci interior and lambo doors isn't ghetto.

Very true on the first two points. Lifted truck with huge tires, usually makes people think of a redneck. Oh, and 26 inch tires on a truck are small, need at least 35's or larger, preferably 38's or bigger. I love lifted trucks and hope to do so to my 150 eventually, but I'm no redneck but understand the stereotype. Kids in a brand new car, are usually considered spoiled brats. Grew up with some and boy I can't stand them. And yes, the excessively large rims, gucci interior and lambo doors does portray the ghetto/hip-hop lifestyle. People may refer to it as ghetto, but I think they are more referring to the way rappers and the like portray themselves in their videos, which way too many impressionable kids see this, want the bling bling and think this is what makes them cool. Just like the people with lifted trucks or fart cans, they all display a certain image. So you may not see it, but it's certainly out there.

Okay on cars I completely dislike and why.

Corolla and Camry - Bland, unexciting and most owners think they are perfect simply due to having a Toyota emblem.

Cobalt/Cavalier - Ugly car (personal opinion) and have found most to be very unreliable.

Ridgeline - Owners are blind to what a truck truly is and how Honda markets it against the 1/2 ton market. Plus the style is horrible.

Tundra - The truck is actually decent, could use some thicker sheetmetal, better interior and tailgate, but I simply dislike most the owners. Talk about ego trip.

Dodge V8 vehicles- One word, HEMI. Owners think simply because it has a HEMI, it's better.

Dodge/Chrysler cars - They all have the same basic look across the board, which is very unattractive to me and the performance of the non-V8 models is pathetic.

All Pontiacs - Just like the Dodge/Chrysler, all their cars have a very unattractive look/feel to me and quality doesn't seem to be a priority. Some have decent performance capabilities though.

Audi/VW - Some of the biggest POS's on the road. Haven't known one owner that hasn't had some major catastrophic failure or at least a few thousand dollar repair bill. I do like their style though.

Subaru - The car seems good, but can't stand the way most owners drive. Always too fast for conditions, slow and go at stop lights/signs, never a blinker, cutting in/out of traffic and basically your typical bad driver characteristics.

BMW - Like Pontiac, the same front clip across the lineup does nothing for me. Need more variaty than just one front clip design.

So as you can see by my list, it's not really the car I have a problem with most the time, as most cars seem decent these days. It's usually the sterotypical owners of these vehicles that piss me off.

I'm sure I get lumped into the truck crowd here in CO. I know people in econoboxes hate when I'm in front of them, since my truck is significantly higher and they can't see around me. I know they hate when my truck goes passing by in the snow and they get spash back on their little econobox trying to get traction to go in the snow. I know people may say I've got a bigger truck than I need and just wasting fuel, but I tell them to fit three kids (2 in a car seat), a wife and two dogs (50lb Shar-Pei and 16wk old 60lb American Bulldog) in some econobox or even mid-size sedan.

So there are a lot of stereotypes out there that we all dislike, but I think the biggest one that we all hate, which the biggest is probably "bad drivers". Which to me here in CO, seem to always drive the same cars.

EDIT: Forgot to add the Neon (is it even made anymore), especially the SRT version. That SRT is quick, but dang the kids driving them can't drive, always tailgating and revving their horrible sounding fart can. Then again I do like the sound of a mean V8 rumbling or a well tuned diesel. So I guess different stokes for different folks.

Lastly, I dislike any and all makes/models with a road runner (beep-beep) sounding horn. Hell, I fart louder and deeper then most. Just can't stand them horns.

Edited by V8-X

I can't believe I forgot to add the Ridgeline in there, if for no other reason that it really, really ugly.

The BMW Z4 for the hideous styling direction as well. The Z3 looked much better.

As far as owners, import or domestic, ANYONE who tells me what I should buy, who I should vote for, or what name the invisible guy in the sky should be called.

LOVE THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN, OR LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOU LOVE.

WOW. America, love it or leave it, you pinko scum!

Is it 1969 again? :hysterical:

Edited by the_spaniard

I can't believe I forgot to add the Ridgeline in there, if for no other reason that it really, really ugly.

The BMW Z4 for the hideous styling direction as well. The Z3 looked much better.

As far as owners, import or domestic, ANYONE who tells me what I should buy, who I should vote for, or what name the invisible guy in the sky should be called.

WOW. America, love it or leave it, you pinko scum!

Is it 1969 again? :hysterical:

I'm Canadian, by the way.

Last weekend l went to the 2008 Isle of Wight International Classic Car Show which had over 800 warm freindly cars of all makes on display, l gotta say there was not one car l didnot like.

It was very refreshing change to see lots of Stars & Stripes flags flying with such great dignity on the hundreds of awesome old/new US made classic cars and classic trucks rather than the usual flag hatred burning sessions that gets burned in just about every other corner of the globe.

What cars do l loath boring bland dull cold jellymoulded souless fridges and US flag burning.

flag_burning.jpg

Thank you, Jelly. I mean that. :happy feet:

Dang, why all the political mumbo jumbo. Back on topic please!

I don't dislike the Tundra, mostly just the drivers that I've spoken to. Nothing but 0-60 times come out of their mouths, well the majority at least. Not one has used their truck as a truck. Simply as a symbol of having the most poweful and quickest gas motor in a 1/2 ton.

Nothing against Scion since I rarely see/notice any.

I hate the owners, the vehicle itself and Honda. Honda for trying to say it's a full-size truck with full-size capabilities, when we all know, well other than those who bought one, know. The owners don't really brag, they are just less knowledgable about what the capabilities of a truck should be and buy it simply because it's a Honda and the salesman said it'd do everything an F150 would.

Agreed! Not one car I truly dislike, well until I speak with many owners of those cars. Guess us Ford owners are just as bad sometimes though.

The Avalon, like most Toyota's, is bland and nothing appealing about it, other than the perceived reliability.

Exactly! I work in education too, at a private Jesuit University. The University purchased roughly 5-7 Prius' about 2-3 years ago for the Fathers. Our EBC was recetnly given a presentation on cost of a Prius and other econoboxes and it was pointed out that the Prius pollutes just as much (if not more) during it's lifecycle when all factors are equated. To my amazement, they have recently purchased a new red '08 Focus for the Fathers, which is the hot ticket right now for them. All our the service trucks are 5.4L and 6.8L SD's.

I'd agree on the current and last Gen Eclipse, but the 1st & 2nd Gen Eclipse were great cars in my opinion.

Simply dislike the style, otherwise nothing against the Element.

Amen on the fart can and 5 foot spoiler on mommies car. Can't stand them, no matter make/model. The Escalade, H2 and Navi fit two crowds that I've noticed, which both have been mentioned here. Either the well off with too much money type crowd, or the gangsta/hip-hop lifestyle. No offense to anyone, I like Rap/Hip-Hop (grew up on it and the Monte Carlos), but the image portrayed and the way kids try to imitate the lifestyle is laughable. The 2nd crowd is made up of kids that are handed everything by mommy and daddy, or the kid lives at home with mom/dad and spends his entire paycheck on the payment, insurance and fuel bill. I know a few of these type kids, heck even a couple friends are still like this and they're almost 30.

Very true on the first two points. Lifted truck with huge tires, usually makes people think of a redneck. Oh, and 26 inch tires on a truck are small, need at least 35's or larger, preferably 38's or bigger. I love lifted trucks and hope to do so to my 150 eventually, but I'm no redneck but understand the stereotype. Kids in a brand new car, are usually considered spoiled brats. Grew up with some and boy I can't stand them. And yes, the excessively large rims, gucci interior and lambo doors does portray the ghetto/hip-hop lifestyle. People may refer to it as ghetto, but I think they are more referring to the way rappers and the like portray themselves in their videos, which way too many impressionable kids see this, want the bling bling and think this is what makes them cool. Just like the people with lifted trucks or fart cans, they all display a certain image. So you may not see it, but it's certainly out there.

Okay on cars I completely dislike and why.

Corolla and Camry - Bland, unexciting and most owners think they are perfect simply due to having a Toyota emblem.

Cobalt/Cavalier - Ugly car (personal opinion) and have found most to be very unreliable.

Ridgeline - Owners are blind to what a truck truly is and how Honda markets it against the 1/2 ton market. Plus the style is horrible.

Tundra - The truck is actually decent, could use some thicker sheetmetal, better interior and tailgate, but I simply dislike most the owners. Talk about ego trip.

Dodge V8 vehicles- One word, HEMI. Owners think simply because it has a HEMI, it's better.

Dodge/Chrysler cars - They all have the same basic look across the board, which is very unattractive to me and the performance of the non-V8 models is pathetic.

All Pontiacs - Just like the Dodge/Chrysler, all their cars have a very unattractive look/feel to me and quality doesn't seem to be a priority. Some have decent performance capabilities though.

Audi/VW - Some of the biggest POS's on the road. Haven't known one owner that hasn't had some major catastrophic failure or at least a few thousand dollar repair bill. I do like their style though.

Subaru - The car seems good, but can't stand the way most owners drive. Always too fast for conditions, slow and go at stop lights/signs, never a blinker, cutting in/out of traffic and basically your typical bad driver characteristics.

BMW - Like Pontiac, the same front clip across the lineup does nothing for me. Need more variaty than just one front clip design.

So as you can see by my list, it's not really the car I have a problem with most the time, as most cars seem decent these days. It's usually the sterotypical owners of these vehicles that piss me off.

I'm sure I get lumped into the truck crowd here in CO. I know people in econoboxes hate when I'm in front of them, since my truck is significantly higher and they can't see around me. I know they hate when my truck goes passing by in the snow and they get spash back on their little econobox trying to get traction to go in the snow. I know people may say I've got a bigger truck than I need and just wasting fuel, but I tell them to fit three kids (2 in a car seat), a wife and two dogs (50lb Shar-Pei and 16wk old 60lb American Bulldog) in some econobox or even mid-size sedan.

So there are a lot of stereotypes out there that we all dislike, but I think the biggest one that we all hate, which the biggest is probably "bad drivers". Which to me here in CO, seem to always drive the same cars.

EDIT: Forgot to add the Neon (is it even made anymore), especially the SRT version. That SRT is quick, but dang the kids driving them can't drive, always tailgating and revving their horrible sounding fart can. Then again I do like the sound of a mean V8 rumbling or a well tuned diesel. So I guess different stokes for different folks.

Lastly, I dislike any and all makes/models with a road runner (beep-beep) sounding horn. Hell, I fart louder and deeper then most. Just can't stand them horns.

HOLY $#!+!!!!!! Long post.... Now you all have to scroll through it twice!!! :finger:

I'm Canadian, by the way.

Sorry, the America LIOLI thing was a saying thrown around by some people here in the 60's.

I believe anyone has every right to criticize their government, particularly when composed of people elected by and for the people.

BOT:

I would probably say the 300 is another one. Not for the external design (obviously some folks like the ripped-Rolls look), but for the interior and driving experience. I have had this thing for rentals here and there, and man it is uninspiring.

I can't stand when someone calls a Navi and escalade with rims ghetto,that's so damn stupid.Why the hell do you have to be a thug because your bump your system that you paid for.Shit like what you said annoys the hell out of me.

I for one do NOT want to have your BOOM BOOM forced upon my eardrums...keep it to yourself......wear earplugs if you feel the need to BUMP the volume and invade people within a hundred yard radius with your version of Enya.

Edited by Deanh

I for one do NOT want to have your BOOM BOOM forced upon my eardrums...keep it to yourself......wear earplugs if you feel the need to BUMP the volume and invade people within a hundred yard radius with your version of Enya.

I wouldn't mind it so much if their taste in music wasn't so bad.

its as bad as the Bluetooth moron in the shopping line holding a conversation for all those around him/ her to hear...at the top of his voice...and invasion of privacy and just plain bad manners...absolute ZERO consideration for anyone around them...what would be funny is if you threw them for a complete fix and started talking back to them.....

Edited by Deanh

Most cities do have local ordinances that prohibit music being heard more than 25ft. I luckily have a friend that works for my city who happens to park on my driveway and site people for blasting their music that way :-) I bring them sandwiches and coffee for their efforts, although supposedly they make more money giving speeding ticket, than music disturbance.

Although whenever I do hear the music they are blasting, I sort of laugh at them in the hopes they see me...maybe at some point they'll realize how tacky they look. And unfortunately, these people are breeding...I see them at the schools, and their kids follow on the parents footsteps...

Most cities do have local ordinances that prohibit music being heard more than 25ft. I luckily have a friend that works for my city who happens to park on my driveway and site people for blasting their music that way :-) I bring them sandwiches and coffee for their efforts, although supposedly they make more money giving speeding ticket, than music disturbance.

Although whenever I do hear the music they are blasting, I sort of laugh at them in the hopes they see me...maybe at some point they'll realize how tacky they look. And unfortunately, these people are breeding...I see them at the schools, and their kids follow on the parents footsteps...

I just think a 2 ft version of your Avatar waved at them would get the point across.....LOL!

flag_burning.jpg

This is really amazing to see, I even see a 90's era F-150 lightning in the background. How on Earth do those cars get there?

Because I know Europe has never see them, I would love to take my Lincoln MKX to the UK and drive it around for a bit :).

Reminds me of one of my college roomates who was fond of country music (the real twangy pick-up, train, prison kind). We used to have stereo wars in our little 10 x 14 room. When I wanted to end the battle I would play the 1812 Overture with the live cannon fire.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Sorry, the America LIOLI thing was a saying thrown around by some people here in the 60's.

I believe anyone has every right to criticize their government, particularly when composed of people elected by and for the people.

Don't want to start a debate on this because it is off-topic but OF COURSE, everyone should criticize or question their governement. This is what smart people do.. but buying domestic products should almost be an instinct. If not bought, then at least considered. There are so many people who would never walk in a Ford, Chevy or Dodge dealership because "it is American", and those people should move to Japan if we make such bad things. And I do not make differences between Mexico, USA or Canada.. those 3 economies are so inter-linked that a mexican made product has american parts. etc..

Corvettes, not so much the car itself but the people that drive them.

:shrug: I know exactly one Corvette driver, and he's a quality guy. (His daily driver is a really old Bronco, too. :D)

/anecdotal evidence

ETA: How in the world did I forget the Ridgeline? My aunt bought one, and when I saw it all I could think to myself was :nonono:...

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

HOLY $#!+!!!!!! Long post.... Now you all have to scroll through it twice!!! :finger:

Sorry, hope it wasn't too long. Did you read it all though?

its as bad as the Bluetooth moron in the shopping line holding a conversation for all those around him/ her to hear...at the top of his voice...and invasion of privacy and just plain bad manners...absolute ZERO consideration for anyone around them...what would be funny is if you threw them for a complete fix and started talking back to them.....

Reminds me of Monday at Target. The lady in the front of the line was on her cell, a teenage guy was behind her then the wife and I. The cashier kept looking at the lady like "are you going to hang up so I can ring up your purchase". After 1-2 minutes of waiting, the wife and I told the guy in front of us to go to the front, which he did as we followed. Cashier checked the guy out and 1/2 way through checking the wife and I out, the lady hung up her phone and immediately states "I was in line here first!", with a little attitude of course. I simply turned around and stated "you know you were on your cell phone holding up the line, and we've already been in front of you for three minutes. So if you have a problem with people jumping line on you, then hang up the phone!". Boy was she shocked and looked at the cashier like, "you know I was here first". Well, the cashier simply looked back, shrugged her shoulders and continued checking us out.

Consideration, people don't have any anymore. They are always too busy trying to multi-task and not doing what they need to do. If the call is so important, get out of line, not hold people up. It's always about "ME" anymore and boy is it frustrating!

Sorry bout the RANT, back to our regularly scheduled topic.