Loathsome Cars

As a car fan, certain cars really bug me because they represent a complete disdain for the automobile. They turn the car into nothing more than a lifeless necessity, a white good to be used up and then tossed away.

Worst offenders...

Hyundai Sonata

Toyota Corolla

Chevy Cobalt

These are the cars I hate more than any other. But for me, the car that takes the cake is the Corolla, a truly lousy car that sells far too well because of perceived reliability and resale value. I'd rather bash my head in then buy/drive/rent these cars.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll play.

Anything made by Koreans or Mitsubishi. Two very corrupt companies lumping Hyundai and Kia together. I hate Korean names also like Sportage and other stupid, grating names. Korean cars annoy me. Lots of things annoy me, but I put Korean cars right up there with guy talking on cell phone while relieving himself or drivers in front of you and behind you and beside you having animated conversation on hand held cell phone.

Hmm..................

Have to go with any big Benz or Bimmer.

I don't really hate them, I just don't like what they stand for--the most conspicuous of conspicuous consumption.

Guess you could throw the Navigator, Escalade, and Range Rover in there too.

Ooo, I like Conspicuous consumption so I don't get these picks! :)

Scion has some style, it's not perfunctory like a Corolla so I don't hate them (although I would never buy one). Kia, I can't think of any manufacturer I dislike more.

The Smart car is also bugging me, it's conspicuous in its own right since it's completely and wildly inappropriate for daily driving on American roads, and it's not a good buy at all. When i see people driving one, I can't help but want to slap them for being so obnoxious with their vehicle choice ;).

Wow.... a LOT of Hyundai / Kia haters on here. Imagine THAT! :shades:

If they're hitting that kind of nerve with so many of you, they must have started doing SOMETHING right, along the way.

I'm sure they're happy while reading your sentiments. Just remember to keep those knives and axes sharpened! Don't forget the Chinese will soon be coming. Then we'll ALL have someone we can pick on TOGETHER! Heh heh.

-Ovaltine

Prius. Hands down my most hated car. It just does not make economic sense, and its riding purely on perception of its own infallibility, reliability, economic advantages and ecological superiority. Its just perception though and thats what bothers me. Its the overt sense of superiority most of the owners have regarding their choice of car as well. Its much worse of an economic choice than many many MANY other choices out there, including the Corolla. Its a form of hypocritical conforming rebellion that shows the world "you know whats best" for others and as a conservative punker (figure that one out) it bugs the shit out of me.

As a car fan, certain cars really bug me because they represent a complete disdain for the automobile. They turn the car into nothing more than a lifeless necessity, a white good to be used up and then tossed away.

Worst offenders...

Hyundai Sonata

Toyota Corolla

Chevy Cobalt

These are the cars I hate more than any other. But for me, the car that takes the cake is the Corolla, a truly lousy car that sells far too well because of perceived reliability and resale value. I'd rather bash my head in then buy/drive/rent these cars.

To some people, a car is absolutely nothing else besides a tool to get to and from work. If it was convenient, they would just take the bus. I am the opposite, and I think most of the people here are the same. We love cars. We're passionate about them, and our lives evolve heavily around them. There are a ton of these emotionless cars around, and I don't understand where the puchase motivation comes from. Toyota is the worst. Aside from maybe the novelty of the Hybrid, there is not one single car that stirs ANY kind of emotion on their lots. The only other thing they have going is the percieved reliability, but I think there are a lot of puchase motivators besides reliability ratings. I don't think any Toyota has any real purchase "hot button" aside from that. Meanwhile they sell like hotcakes, and I see millions of gold Camry "grandmamobiles" on the road. Don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm a car guy, and not everyone else is, but still... Don't get it.

Camry Hybrid. Worst of all worlds. Paper thin carpeting, rim protector tires, leather that did it's level best to imitate Korean vinyl, and the one I drove had the headliner sticking out from under the a-pillar trim in two places. About as soul-less as a piece of notebook paper.

More or less any import but mostly Jap cars, One car in particular is the Prius as the driver is usually some tree hugging animal loving liberal fool that thinks it's cool to do 45 on the highway ( until the high beams come on and they have 3 tons of detriot iron behind them). Also any import with a proud to be an American sticker on the back will get me yelling out the window, Also there is one particular lady of Asian decent who took offense to my imports suck sticker once who I proceded to inform to move to Japan if she had a problem. Or maybe it was the Insight driver who told me it was a sin to drive such a big truck while I was filling my truck once? Or maybe it was the global whining sticker that got to her? Or the NRA lifetime member sticker?

More or less any import but mostly Jap cars, One car in particular is the Prius as the driver is usually some tree hugging animal loving liberal fool that thinks it's cool to do 45 on the highway ( until the high beams come on and they have 3 tons of detriot iron behind them). Also any import with a proud to be an American sticker on the back will get me yelling out the window, Also there is one particular lady of Asian decent who took offense to my imports suck sticker once who I proceded to inform to move to Japan if she had a problem. Or maybe it was the Insight driver who told me it was a sin to drive such a big truck while I was filling my truck once? Or maybe it was the global whining sticker that got to her? Or the NRA lifetime member sticker?

:hysterical::hysterical: Hilarious! I have about 20 similar stories. Might have something to do with my "F*ck you and your Jap car" license plate frame on my Mustang. Monday will be interesting, though when all the local BOF pinheads log on and read this thread....NAY!!!

Edited by chiefstang

Prius. Hands down my most hated car. It just does not make economic sense, and its riding purely on perception of its own infallibility, reliability, economic advantages and ecological superiority. Its just perception though and thats what bothers me. Its the overt sense of superiority most of the owners have regarding their choice of car as well. Its much worse of an economic choice than many many MANY other choices out there, including the Corolla. Its a form of hypocritical conforming rebellion that shows the world "you know whats best" for others and as a conservative punker (figure that one out) it bugs the shit out of me.

Amen....

Prius also is at the top of my list, but what bothers me even more is the 1) the Prius (or any hybrid) in the HOV lane with only one person in it and 2) the Prius (or any hybrid) in the HOV lane flying by going well over the speed limit when their owners claim they're saving the planet by using less fuel. They obviously didn't get the memo that driving really fast usually uses MORE fuel....

And come to think of it, the only hybrid's I've ever noticed performing these two offenses were either Priuses or Lexus RX's. I can't think of a time where I've seen an Escape Hybrid doing either of these.

Amen....

Prius also is at the top of my list, but what bothers me even more is the 1) the Prius (or any hybrid) in the HOV lane with only one person in it and 2) the Prius (or any hybrid) in the HOV lane flying by going well over the speed limit when their owners claim they're saving the planet by using less fuel. They obviously didn't get the memo that driving really fast usually uses MORE fuel....

And come to think of it, the only hybrid's I've ever noticed performing these two offenses were either Priuses or Lexus RX's. I can't think of a time where I've seen an Escape Hybrid doing either of these.

Well more than likely a Ford Escape Hybrid owner is more intelligent that your average Prius driver as the Escape driver was smart enough to buy American in the first place instead of buying a car probably built by 5 year old's. I heard they use bamboo sticks for fuel lines on Toyota's also along with Duck sauce as gear oil, Also instead of ethanol they have a new pork fried rice blend over there for maximum V-TEC output!

Well more than likely a Ford Escape Hybrid owner is more intelligent that your average Prius driver as the Escape driver was smart enough to buy American in the first place instead of buying a car probably built by 5 year old's. I heard they use bamboo sticks for fuel lines on Toyota's also along with Duck sauce as gear oil, Also instead of ethanol they have a new pork fried rice blend over there for maximum V-TEC output!

That is very true.

And I'm glad to see Toyota is at the forefront of modern engine technology! :hysterical:

I personally dislike VW because I've never seen such an unreliable POS (other than a Kia), and because personally I had 12 friends who have had them since 98 on, and all had massive problems with their vehicles. I grew tired of fighting with the dealership to get anything resolved...I did promise them NONE of them would ever buy another one again, and luckily non have after that experience. So whenever I see one, In my mind, I'm imagining it blowing up, or the poor sucker just getting fisted.

But I'm in agreement with others, whenever I see a Corolla, I think "oh, your boring, conservative, vanilla and sex with you must be as a Nun, you haev no imagination, creativity and you must follow the pack, you are the weakest link"....

And right behind the Corolla, I have Camry, Accord and Civic.... Although with Accord and Civic I mostly think "oh, your so ghetto" if I see it has more aftermarket junk on it, than what the car is worth.

Although with Bimmers, particularly the 3-Series, Ive noticed belong to the more arrogant aggresive idiots on the road, but I have no issues throwing my car at them if they think of cutting me off, so sometimes you gotta put them in check.