new taurus spotted , 11 pics

I understand that...those cars and trucks were new 13-15 years ago.

But if todays FNA vehicles are so much better, why are they routinely in 4th-6th place.

Because 1) the competition is also much better (than they were years ago), and 2) Ford still has a damaged reputation with many buyers.

Also, if you were referring to top ten in sales, theoretically, anybody could do that through incentives, etc.....which would you rather have, high quality, profitable vehicles, or high-selling, high incentives (low profit, if any) vehicles?

Edited by rmc523

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because 1) the competition is also much better, and 2) Ford still has a damaged reputation with many buyers.

So you are saying that Fords are not as good as Toyotas and Hondas?

Why the hell are we helping this idiot hijack yet another thread?

Because LincolnFan can come up with some funny stuff.

I understand that...those cars and trucks were new 13-15 years ago.

But if todays FNA vehicles are so much better, why are they routinely in 4th-6th place.

They're routinely in 4th-6th place because of those new trucks and cars 13-15 years ago. Heavily fleeted, under-equipped, unreliable price-competing junk like the Best Selling 92 Taurus, left to rot on the vine in favor of SUVs and trucks, are what people think of now when they hear Ford. Your line of reasoning is like suggesting Firestone sells fewer tires now because they're not as good as the ones that came on the old Explorer.

Edited by danup

So you are saying that Fords are not as good as Toyotas and Hondas?

I did not at all say that, you mis-interpreted my statement (an part of that is how I worded it). I was trying to say that the competition is much better (than it was years ago too). Both Fords and their competition have become a lot better over the past decade +. That coupled with what danup said is what puts Fords consitently in 4th-6th place.

Correct...FNA will NEVER sell a car that good.

Damn straight, they already make better. Just because it appeals to you doesn't mean it's good.

Yep...because it has EVERYTHING I would want. Again, a wonderful exterior, a great interior, fantastic power, and RWD.

Oh judging an interior by pics and I am the one who scares Mr. Logic.

You scare him. When he sees you coming...he runs and hides...trying not to hear the utter crap you continually spew.

I am not 20-something and like panthers. Panthers are made for cops and old people. Henceforth, you're the one who scare him. Just like when three sees fun coming down the corner, three goes there and takes fun's space. (cookie for anyone who can tell where that come from)

HA...you had me rolling on the floor with that one.

NOT ONE...of the FNA appliances is better than the Falcon. Not ONE.

For my purposes I will consider the Taurus the most direct competition to the Falcon.

First of all the Falcon is considerably more expensive than the Taurus. When factoring in the exchange rate the Falcon starts out at a base price of $30,000 for the XT where as the Taurus comes in at a base price of $24,000 for the base SEL or $30,000 for the top of the line LIMITED AWD. So already you can see that the Taurus has the advantage in price, you get a top of the line Taurus for the same price as the base model Falcon. They are both comparable in terms of safety as they both have accomplished top safety ratings in their respective countries. The Falcon does have the advantage when it comes to powertrain choices but by no stretch of the imagination is the Taurus powertrain bad (it's only variance is FWD or AWD). Yes I will admit that the Taurus powertrain is only a match for the 4.0L I6 N/A base motor in the Falcon and that there is the 4.0L Turbo or the 5.4L V8 but those come at a very big price tag. Again the Falcon does have an advantage when it comes to multitude of trim levels. The Taurus has the advantage in interior space and trunk space though compared to the Falcon. In terms of interior quality and reliability I will not judge as I have not compared the cars side by side, and only a person who has been in both cars can honestly be a judge on build quality. I have been in a several new Sable/Taurus and must say that I am impressed by the quality and I assume that the Falcon matches it in this regard. Styling is subjective so again this cannot be judge.

The Taurus and Falcon are admittedly very different animals but they are the closest to compare. So one has to ask is the Falcon worth its extra $6,000 over the Taurus? Yes the Falcon offers better handling and straight-line performance but it that worth $6,000? If you have the extra cash go for the Falcon but if you are a more sensible person you have to go with the Taurus, just based on price alone, because $6,000 is hard to justify.

*It must be said though that I believe that the Falcon if sold in the U.S. would match the pricing of the G8. But at any rate there is still a very large price difference.

The Taurus and Falcon are admittedly very different animals but they are the closest to compare. So one has to ask is the Falcon worth its extra $6,000 over the Taurus? Yes the Falcon offers better handling and straight-line performance but it that worth $6,000? If you have the extra cash go for the Falcon but if you are a more sensible person you have to go with the Taurus, just based on price alone, because $6,000 is hard to justify.

As they now exist I'd have to go with the Falcon!