new taurus spotted , 11 pics

2006.Lincoln.MKS.Concept_001[1].jpg

lincoln-mks.jpg

The rear and interior didn't really change from the concept.

It is slightly better...but that is not saying much...all they really changed was the grille.

'Tis a shame that lost the signal mirrors. You would think that a car costing almost $50K would at least have the same features as found on cars and SUVs costing tens of thousands less.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is slightly better...but that is not saying much...all they really changed was the grille.

'Tis a shame that lost the signal mirrors. You would think that a car costing almost $50K would at least have the same features as found on cars and SUVs costing tens of thousands less.

Well, as I said, Lincoln's design cues weren't determined until the 07 MKR concept, at which point, the MKS's design was mostly solidified, except minor changes, such as the grille, which they changed.

I do agree with you about the signal mirrors (I like them, b/c if you're changing lates from the left to middle lane and a driver in the right lane is trying to go the middle lane as well, seeing that mirror signal light up will let you know not to move over ---of course if they don't use a signal it doesn't matter---) I mean that's only a simple example, but I think they're a good safety feature if used.

That said, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world that the production model doesn't have them.

EDIT: did anybody see my Taurus design/sketch comment above?

Edited by rmc523

Yeah, a little dissappointing since my '02 F150 Lariat and now my '06 F150 XLT both have signal mirrors. If they do it on a F150, why not all Lincolns?

Oh...please. What are you comparing this "kinetic design is that has no sophistication or design longevity" to? I seriously hope you are not comparing to FNA's "design language" (and I use that term loosely).

I mean...look at the "design language" of the MKTaurus. It has last gen TL headlights, a Korean rear end, and a generic mid section that just screams "I must blend".

I cannot believe that someone would take the bland, generic looking Fusion with it's goofy three-bar grille over the fantastic looking Mondeo where everything flows.

Oh please P71- your use of the term MKTaurus is really getting tiresome. Just because a platform may be shared does not make vehicles the same. The MKS is a luxury car that fits a certain niche. If you don't care for it, so what? Grow up and think of something new-although whatever you think of will, of course, be negative wherever Ford is concerned, as usual.

The MKS is a luxury car that fits a certain niche.

Is that the "mediocrity niche"? Or the "bland, luxury car wanna-be" niche?

If you don't care for it, so what? Grow up and think of something new

How about MKFord instead of Lincoln?

-although whatever you think of will, of course, be negative wherever Ford is concerned, as usual.

OMG...when will you people stop using that tired and FALSE argument.

Ok, Skippy...maybe doing this in pictures will be easier for you. Let's start:

Ford Motor Company vehicles that P71_CrownVic likes:

Ford-Taurus_X_2008_photo_01.jpg

Ford-Focus_ST_2008_photo_01.jpg

Ford-FG_Falcon_XR8_2008_photo_0c.jpg

Ford-Mondeo_2007_photo_02.jpg

Ford-Ranger_2006_photo_01.jpg

Ford-F-350_2006_photo_01.jpg

Ford-F-150_SVT_Lightning_2004_photo_02.jpg

Ford-Mustang_SVT_Cobra_Convertible_2004_photo_10.jpg

Ford-Crown_Victoria_2002_photo_01.jpg

Ford-Excursion_2003_photo_01.jpg

So a bunch of discontinued Fords, one about to be discontinued Ford (that you hated when introduced), one ridiculously outdated Ford, two foreign Fords, and a couple trucks?

So now a person can't like "discontinued Fords" or "foreign Fords" or "a couple of trucks"?

Ha ha...nice try...but the fact remains that I like numerous Fords...some new, some old(er). And there is nothing wrong with that. Just like there is nothing wrong with disliking the few appliances that FNA sells.

But I will be sure to bookmark this thread, so that when someone falsely accuses me of "hating Ford", I will be able to prove them wrong over and over again.

OMG...when will you people stop using that tired and FALSE argument.

If you will:

You are like an alcoholic who when confronted about their drinking problem, denies it up and down, still doesn't change the fact that they are an alcoholic though, it just makes them an alcoholic that doesn't think they have a drinking problem.

It may be a lame analogy but that is the way I see your problem with Ford. You say you like some Fords (you even go so far as to post pictures of the ones you like) but 99% of Fords you hate or find petty issues with. Of the 13 pictures you posted only 5 of them are available to the buying public (Crown Victoria doesn't count as it is only fleet now), and of those 5 only 2 are available in the US. The rest of them are old models from which FMC has moved on from. You only like 2 out of +/-30 models that FMC sells.

To me you aren't really a Ford fan, sure you may like several Fords (the majority being old models). But guess what old models are not what is going to help FMC out of their current position, they need new models that can be sold globally and that is the way they are heading right now.

Since when do you have to be a Ford fan to post here? I like alot of vehicles but am not a "FAN" of any.

I didn't say he had to be a Ford fan to post here anywhere in my post. In my post I was just trying to point out the fact that while he is a claimed Ford fan, he only likes two Ford vehicles that are relevant to what Ford sells today.

Oh please P71- your use of the term MKTaurus is really getting tiresome. Just because a platform may be shared does not make vehicles the same. The MKS is a luxury car that fits a certain niche. If you don't care for it, so what? Grow up and think of something new-although whatever you think of will, of course, be negative wherever Ford is concerned, as usual.

He's not anti-ford; I don't know what word to describe how he behaves but he can describe it. P71 acts like a jerk towards anyone who doesn't share his opinion (ie: members of this board that like cars he doesn't, Ford management for not doing what he thinks is the best course of action), and uses a convoluted line of reasoning to justify his opinions and criticize those who disagree with him.

If you will:

You are like an alcoholic who when confronted about their drinking problem, denies it up and down, still doesn't change the fact that they are an alcoholic though, it just makes them an alcoholic that doesn't think they have a drinking problem.

It may be a lame analogy but that is the way I see your problem with Ford. You say you like some Fords (you even go so far as to post pictures of the ones you like) but 99% of Fords you hate or find petty issues with. Of the 13 pictures you posted only 5 of them are available to the buying public (Crown Victoria doesn't count as it is only fleet now), and of those 5 only 2 are available in the US. The rest of them are old models from which FMC has moved on from. You only like 2 out of +/-30 models that FMC sells.

To me you aren't really a Ford fan, sure you may like several Fords (the majority being old models). But guess what old models are not what is going to help FMC out of their current position, they need new models that can be sold globally and that is the way they are heading right now.

My favorite car in the world right now is a Ford...the Falcon.

You people really need to get over this. You are reaching further than Stretch Armstrong to try and smear me. It is not working.

Also, are you saying that one cannot be a Ford fan if they like models that are older...or not sold here? There is actually just ONE aspect of Ford that I do not like...FNA. By far the weakest division.

YOU may not like the fact that I dislike FNA...but that is something you are going to have to deal with. The FNA I remember is the FNA that had 5 of the top ten best selling vehicles in the U.S. How can a company go from having 5/10 vehicles to, what do they have now, 1...maybe?

How does that happen? I'll tell you...by building "middle of the road". Why strive for number one, when number 4 or 5 will do?

How can a company go from having 5/10 vehicles to, what do they have now, 1...maybe?

The cars (and trucks) that FNA builds now are light years ahead of the cars that made up their prior contribution to the top 10 list.

Current market position for Ford has to do with a multitude of other issues.

Signal mirrors and fender mounted turn repeaters are not required equipment to meet US DOT safety standards. They are designed as required safety equipment for vehicles in Europe, Australia, Asia and some other countries. Ford isn't going to spend a dime on anything they don't have to. Some people embrace them as a cool styling gimmick while others may appreciate the safety benefit. It's not something important enough that would keep most people from buying a vehicle .

My favorite car in the world right now is a Ford...the Falcon.

blah blah blah nag nag nag

Your favorite car is a car you'll probably not own, neither sit in it nor see it irl?

You have no idea what that car is and it's your favorite car in the world? What ever happened to Mr. Logic?

Your favorite car is a car you'll probably not own, neither sit in it nor see it?

Correct...FNA will NEVER sell a car that good.

You have no idea what that car is and it's your favorite car in the world?

Yep...because it has EVERYTHING I would want. Again, a wonderful exterior, a great interior, fantastic power, and RWD.

What ever happened to Mr. Logic?

You scare him. When he sees you coming...he runs and hides...trying not to hear the utter crap you continually spew.