Ford NA Comments on Fiesta Diesel

LSFan00

And that 12MPG is achieved by a person that drives very slow, accelerates slow, etc. When the ambulance is driven, it is started up from room temp, pulled out of the garage, and then floored. And it is driven in that manner all the way to the call. Start...floor it...stop...repeat. Then when we get on scene, it stays running.

Now P.....if the vehicle is running while sitting stationary it is effectively getting zero miles to the gallon which would skew any type of calculation of MPG. That ambulance should be getting better mileage....as for the Expy....those behemoths never got good mileage...

Edited by twintornados

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now P.....if the vehicle is running while sitting stationary it is effectively getting zero miles to the gallon which would skew any type of calculation of MPG.

Which makes the mileage of the Expy even more absurd. When it goes places...it gets shot off.

That ambulance should be getting better mileage....as for the Expy....those behemoths never got good mileage...

They get crappy mileage and seem to like transmissions. Our older one (see below) with 30K, needs a new tranny. Built FORD tough...:hysterical:

IMG_0104.jpg

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Which makes the mileage of the Expy even more absurd. When it goes places...it gets shot off.

They get crappy mileage and seem to like transmissions. Our older one (see below) with 30K, needs a new tranny. Built FORD tough...:hysterical:

IMG_0104.jpg

and perhaps ABUSED............regularly hear of 18 mpgs, get that myself no problem in an 06 4x4.........driver HAS to take some responsibility.....and a car that someone actually OWNS is driven TOTALLY different and maintained TOTALLY different than a company car.....

I'm not sure if it's already been stated in this thread, but discussions about the Fiesta coming to NA have to keep in mind that car prices in the UK do not translate directly to dollars through the exchange rate. EVERYTHING's more expensive in the UK... food, rent, public transit, movies, and for the most part salaries are higher too, and thankfully, beer is probably even cheaper than it is over here.

It's best to compare the new Fiesta's price to other vehicles sold in the UK that are also sold here. I'd compare it to the focus price (Fiesta starts at £8695 while Focus starts at £12,795) but everyone would argue that that is not the same focus as we have here (sadly). So instead, I compared it to the Yaris, which as far as I know is the same thing Toyota sells here. Toyota.co.uk gives me the Yaris starting at £8985, while it starts at $12,205 in the states. Considering this, would it be reasonable to assume Ford might sell the base fiesta for $12K here? I somehow don't think so though, simply cause they could get away with charging more than a Yaris, but I don't think the base Fiesta has any reason to cost more than a Focus. And this ECOnetic version is only a 35% premium over the base model in the UK.

If they sell it, I can imagine getting one if I'm out of school by then.

Sure it sounds better...until you realize that '20% better' is a horrid 12MPG.

Is the Expedition 20% lighter? Nope.

Is the Expedition 20% more aerodynamic? Nope.

Does the Expedition have 20% less miles? Nope.

And that 12MPG is achieved by a person that drives very slow, accelerates slow, etc. When the ambulance is driven, it is started up from room temp, pulled out of the garage, and then floored. And it is driven in that manner all the way to the call. Start...floor it...stop...repeat. Then when we get on scene, it stays running.

because ITS A DIESEL.......pre exaust burnoff, pre sulphur free restrictions, pre 2010 emissions....the 7.3 even gets better mileage than the 6.0 and 6.4...ed have CHOKED diesels as a hole....had several customers getting 20 mpgs in their 7.3's no prob ( Superdutys )...........that engine was so under stressed it just lopes....

and perhaps ABUSED............regularly hear of 18 mpgs, get that myself no problem in an 06 4x4.........driver HAS to take some responsibility.....and a car that someone actually OWNS is driven TOTALLY different and maintained TOTALLY different than a company car.....

Our vehicles are maintained much better than some private vehicle. There is no excuse for a tranny to go out at 30K miles. This thing has never towed anything and has been maintained 110%.

Our vehicles are maintained much better than some private vehicle. There is no excuse for a tranny to go out at 30K miles. This thing has never towed anything and has been maintained 110%.

which accounts for the fact the tranny blew ( kinda strange ) and abismal mileage....hell, I drive my gals 4x4 Expedition EB in the city, don't baby and CANNOT get less than 15.....tellin ya P, for some reason people always blame the vehicle not the driver and his habits....ty-ranny blowing is not the norm though, will give you that....under 36k no problem though, slap in a new one.......

which accounts for the fact the tranny blew ( kinda strange ) and abismal mileage....hell, I drive my gals 4x4 Expedition EB in the city, don't baby and CANNOT get less than 15.....tellin ya P, for some reason people always blame the vehicle not the driver and his habits....ty-ranny blowing is not the norm though, will give you that....under 36k no problem though, slap in a new one.......

We have two different Expys. The one that gets the horrid mileage is the BRAND NEW ONE, that has 10K miles on it and is driven by the Chief. He drives like an old man. Gets going very slow, etc.

And that trans is not under warranty because THAT Expy is a 2004. I now know why Ford's warranty is only 3/36. They would be out of business it it was any longer.

We have two different Expys. The one that gets the horrid mileage is the BRAND NEW ONE, that has 10K miles on it and is driven by the Chief. He drives like an old man. Gets going very slow, etc.

And that trans is not under warranty because THAT Expy is a 2004. I now know why Ford's warranty is only 3/36. They would be out of business it it was any longer.

now 5/60 on the powertrian P.....and you guys could have requested some AWA to say the least.....I know I would have raised hell........and I drive REASONABLY agressive and I CANNOT get below 15 on the 4x4...you need to talk to your cheif and call him out....but why would he care, doubt he pays for gas anyways..........thus my commenton how company cars are treated differently...hell, if I got free gas i would drive like a MANIAC! and probably get 10 mpgs as well.......but no....its ALWAYS the car, NEVER the driver......

Yeah...now...

Oh well, thank God our actual fire trucks are not Fords. We would never be able to put out fires...especially the ones that the trucks start...:hysterical:

obviously with the exemplary maintenence you tout you may want to get the reflash....and Fire trucks and Govt vehicles get pretty much a free ride emissions wise......

P's an anomoly...sometimes he gets Bi-polar.....its a love hate relationship, right now the guy in the corner is being catered to by the hate coach....

homer-devil-angel-shoulders.gif

Angel: "P, show love for all, even Ford."

Devil: "They are launching the Fiesta way too late after the unveiling. Hate Ford! Hate them forever!"

Angel: "The Fiesta is being launched late? It doesn't matter. Love Ford, P."

Devil: "But they are cancelling the Crown Victoria!"

Angel: "THOSE BASTARDS!! KILL FORD!"

Devil and Angel together: "KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!"

homer-devil-angel-shoulders.gif

Angel: "P, show love for all, even Ford."

Devil: "They are launching the Fiesta way too late after the unveiling. Hate Ford! Hate them forever!"

Angel: "The Fiesta is being launched late? It doesn't matter. Love Ford, P."

Devil: "But they are cancelling the Crown Victoria!"

Angel: "THOSE BASTARDS!! KILL FORD!"

Devil and Angel together: "KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!"

more palgerism...I was thinking more of the scene in Animal House......LOL!