Ford NA Comments on Fiesta Diesel

LSFan00

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiiiight. I'm sure the data on fueleconomy.gov will be saying Fiesta diesel owners are reporting 61 mpg. Believe that when I see it.

Gotta say it does not matter what you say the fact these are the UK fuel consumption for the Fiesta Econetic diesel and is all that matter it does not bother me one if Ford do or don't sell it in the US.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/07/23/br...ic-63-5-mpg-us/

Fiesta Econetic diesel (NON USA - Rest of the world only will slaughter Toyota & Honda)

In Town - 61.4 UK MPG =

Average Combined - 76.3 UK MPG = 63.3 US MPG

Constant 56 MPH Highway - 88.3 UK MPG = 73.5 US MPG

Only thing that will happen in the US the gasoline version of the Fiesta will get slaughtered in market place by the current and next generation of Toyota's and Honda's whilst the Fiesta Econetic diesel will slaughter Toyota in Europe.

NEW Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 Ti-VCT GASOLINE (Will get slaughtered by Honda and Toyota in 2 years time in the US)

In town - 35.8 UK MPG = 29.8 US MPG :hysterical:

Average/Combined MPG - 47.9 UK MPG = 39.1 US MPG :hysterical:

Constant 56 MPG Highway - 60.1 UK MPG = 49.9 MPG :hysterical:

Maybe the new GASOLINE version of the NEW Fiesta needs some of those bullshitting Aerodynamic improvements to up the MPG a bit that you keep on about here Nick :hysterical:

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Ultimate irony:

The US pays $1.00/litre for gasoline while high tax UK pays $3.00/litre for diesel?

You'd want to get 90 mpg out of a diesel to get even close to matching what US pays for fuel.

Sad irony is Toyota will to have make 180 MPG gasoline cars in Europe if the what to match what the US pays for fuel based on UK fuel prices, thats why Toyota & Honda gas guzzlers don't make it into our top 10 in Europe because the much more reliable fuel efficient diesel kick them into touch, the same gasoline Jap gas guzzlers are considered fuel sippers in the US and the swarm all over the US top 10 car market and the Jap cars own the US market, only the Classic Mustang owns the coupe market the ULTIMATE IRONY is rest of the US car market is OWNED lead by the Japs.

Gotta say it does not matter what you say the fact these are the UK fuel consumption for the Fiesta Econetic diesel and is all that matter it does not bother me one if Ford do or don't sell it in the US.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/07/23/br...ic-63-5-mpg-us/

Fiesta Econetic diesel (NON USA - Rest of the world only will slaughter Toyota & Honda)

In Town - 61.4 UK MPG =

Average Combined - 76.3 UK MPG = 63.3 US MPG

Constant 56 MPH Highway - 88.3 UK MPG = 73.5 US MPG

Only thing that will happen in the US the gasoline version of the Fiesta will get slaughtered in market place by the current and next generation of Toyota's and Honda's whilst the Fiesta Econetic diesel will slaughter Toyota in Europe.

NEW Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.6 Ti-VCT GASOLINE (Will get slaughtered by Honda and Toyota in 2 years time in the US)

In town - 35.8 UK MPG = 29.8 US MPG :hysterical:

Average/Combined MPG - 47.9 UK MPG = 39.1 US MPG :hysterical:

Constant 56 MPG Highway - 60.1 UK MPG = 49.9 MPG :hysterical:

Maybe the new GASOLINE version of the NEW Fiesta needs some of those bullshitting Aerodynamic improvements to up the MPG a bit that you keep on about here Nick :hysterical:

Take your Commie propaganda elsewhere. We Americans don't want cars that get 50MPG let alone 74MPG...

Take your Commie propaganda elsewhere. We Americans don't want cars that get 50MPG let alone 74MPG...

Damn straight. My old Holden averaged 17 liters per 100 km (too lazy to convert), so the Falcon should be around that figure. 50 MPG? more like 5 MPG just like that Fire Truck you used to have it's pic in your sig.

Your kidding right? My POS 300 isn't even that bad.

XFD.

Iono, I forgot but I never drove it economically and for some reason I always needed to heat it up (I have to turn it on and idle it for a while, I think it has something to do with the catalysts).

Not to mention the horrible 4-speed. Thanks a lot GM.

Edited by LincolnFan

Your kidding right? My POS 300 isn't even that bad.

He is,

I know many V8 Holden and Ford owners over here that get much better mileage than that.

Besides, you guys stateside pretty much know what mileage Chev V8s give anyway.

LinconFan obviously had a below par car he hated, that doesn't mean all the rest are crap.

There's quite a few happy Pontiac G8 owners in the 'States these days, 1900 last month alone.

Edited by jpd80

Damn straight. My old Holden averaged 17 liters per 100 km (too lazy to convert), so the Falcon should be around that figure. 50 MPG? more like 5 MPG just like that Fire Truck you used to have it's pic in your sig.

HAHA...wanna hear something funny...good:

Our oldest Ambulance is a 2000 Ford with the 7.3. It has 109,000 miles on it. It is the biggest type of ambulance you can get on a E-Series chassis. Our newest vehicle is a 2007 Ford Expedition for the chief. It has the 5.4 V8 and about 10K on it.

Now, the Expedition (with NOTHING in it) averages a dismal 12MPG...according to the computer thingy.

Remember that old ambulance...the one that probably weighs 4-5 times MORE than that Expedition, has a over 100 cubic inch bigger engine, and is FAR less aerodynamic...remember?

It averages 10MPG...10MPG!!

Amazing, isn't it? How can a vehicle that is 15,000 pounds lighter, with a smaller engine, FAR less miles, MORE GEARS, and is far more aerodynamic, only muster 2MPG better?

Edited by P71_CrownVic

It averages 10MPG...

Amazing, isn't it? How can a vehicle that is 15,000 pounds lighter, with a smaller engine, FAR less miles, MORE GEARS, and is far more aerodynamic, only muster 2MPG better?

But P...your missing the point..It's all in how you spin it....you say "only muster 2MPG better...", I say, "It gets a 20% improvement!!!"

Now...doesn't that sound better??? :hysterical:

HAHA...wanna hear something funny...good:

Our oldest Ambulance is a 2000 Ford with the 7.3. It has 109,000 miles on it. It is the biggest type of ambulance you can get on a E-Series chassis. Our newest vehicle is a 2007 Ford Expedition for the chief. It has the 5.4 V8 and about 10K on it.

Now, the Expedition (with NOTHING in it) averages a dismal 12MPG...according to the computer thingy.

Remember that old ambulance...the one that probably weighs 4-5 times MORE than that Expedition, has a over 100 cubic inch bigger engine, and is FAR less aerodynamic...remember?

It averages 10MPG...10MPG!!

We had a 2005 F150....with the same engine...and it got between 18 and 19 MPG. Not saying that your lying, just saying that we didn't have the same experience.

Edited by suv_guy_19

LOL, gotta say l thought it was you lot in the US that keep the red flags flying everywhere 'P'. Red flag cars don't OWN our car market like they do in the US we have DIESEL cars, and at least we have free markets in Europe and all our banks are not State OWNED commie style :hysterical:

JapaneseFlag.JPG

toyota_logo.jpg

22494-honda-logo.jpg

But P...your missing the point..It's all in how you spin it....you say "only muster 2MPG better...", I say, "It gets a 20% improvement!!!"

Now...doesn't that sound better??? :hysterical:

Sure it sounds better...until you realize that '20% better' is a horrid 12MPG.

Is the Expedition 20% lighter? Nope.

Is the Expedition 20% more aerodynamic? Nope.

Does the Expedition have 20% less miles? Nope.

And that 12MPG is achieved by a person that drives very slow, accelerates slow, etc. When the ambulance is driven, it is started up from room temp, pulled out of the garage, and then floored. And it is driven in that manner all the way to the call. Start...floor it...stop...repeat. Then when we get on scene, it stays running.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

LOL, gotta say l thought it was you lot in the US that keep the red flags flying everywhere 'P'. Red flag cars don't OWN our car market like they do in the US we have DIESEL cars, and at least we have free markets in Europe and all our banks are not State OWNED commie style :hysterical:

I was being sarcastic. If course we would gobble up a 74MPG car...and it would sell like hotcakes. But our automakers (and lawmakers) have about as much common sense as a goldfish.

Our car companies don't need a silly 25 billion dollar loan...that is a complete waste of money, just ease the "way over the top" restrictions on diesels and no bail out would be needed. Why? Because once you lower the restrictions, the cars would be cheaper and the diesel itself would be cheaper...and the automotive companies would be swimming in money.

It's not a matter of believing or not believing the Euro numbers. What those cars get though is completely irrelevant to what they will get in the US. Simple fact is there is not a diesel for sale in the US at this time that gets anywhere even close to the numbers the Fiesta diesel is managing now in the UK. Until I see some actual evidence it is possible (and using UK numbers isn't evidence, as it won't be the same engine) I'm not buying it. Looking at the fuel economy of vehicles sold here, can one be blamed for being skeptical?

It's not a matter of believing or not believing the Euro numbers. What those cars get though is completely irrelevant to what they will get in the US. Simple fact is there is not a diesel for sale in the US at this time that gets anywhere even close to the numbers the Fiesta diesel is managing now in the UK. Until I see some actual evidence it is possible (and using UK numbers isn't evidence, as it won't be the same engine) I'm not buying it. Looking at the fuel economy of vehicles sold here, can one be blamed for being skeptical?

Fuel stretching Taylors get world record 58.82 mpg around the U.S.

After twenty days on the road John and Helen Taylor have completed their journey around America and earned a new entry in the Guinness book of world records. After 9,419 miles through 48 states, the Taylors consumed just over 11 tanks of ultra low sulfur diesel. That works out to 58.82 mpg and 853 miles per tank of fuel. The couple did the trip in a completely stock 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/09/30/fu...-around-the-us/

Not as good as a Fiesta though, maybe Ford need take this US Guiness book of records record back off them with the ECOnetic in the US Nick.

After twenty days on the road John and Helen Taylor have completed their journey around America and earned a new entry in the Guinness book of world records. After 9,419 miles through 48 states, the Taylors consumed just over 11 tanks of ultra low sulfur diesel. That works out to 58.82 mpg and 853 miles per tank of fuel. The couple did the trip in a completely stock 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

Not as good as a Fiesta though, maybe Ford need take this US Guiness book of records record back off them with the ECOnetic in the US Nick.

Nice to see you left out the fine print too:

The Taylor's stated goal is demonstrate what can be achieved by common sense changes to driving techniques. Through a combination of a light right foot, driving about 5 mph under the speed limit and proper maintenance they hope to teach people how to get out the most out of their car.

:rolleyes:

I'm not even going to bother reading the article, but based on what is presented here by you, I'm sure they drove around like fuel-sipping retards, angering every motorist around them as they squeezed out every last drop of fuel they could. That's not what I call every day driving.

5mph under the limit. Well, here in SoCal if you arent going 15mph OVER the limit on the highway, you are getting passed.

yupperz...just got back from a few days of $ contributions to Las Vegas's slush fund, cruise set @ 80 mph...people were flyin past me....ave 30.9 mpgs....not too bad...anyone driving 5mphs BELOW the posted 70mph speed limit would be getting passed by big rigs and be the recipient of copious amounts of sign language involving single fingers..........and ps....lowering my speed to a constant 70 mph did NOT affect the MPG's in any way...I'm guessing the Rpms were in that sweet spot....

yupperz...just got back from a few days of $ contributions to Las Vegas's slush fund, cruise set @ 80 mph...people were flyin past me....ave 30.9 mpgs....not too bad...anyone driving 5mphs BELOW the posted 70mph speed limit would be getting passed by big rigs and be the recipient of copious amounts of sign language involving single fingers..........and ps....lowering my speed to a constant 70 mph did NOT affect the MPG's in any way...I'm guessing the Rpms were in that sweet spot....

While in Michigan last week, dropping the speed to 70mph from 80 gave me 1mpg more in the Impala rental.