Mercury Voga

I was at a family gathering today, and was chatting with my great uncle, who owns a Lincoln-Mercury franchise. Tough times, but one thing he noticed is that his customers LOVE the Voga Milan and Mariner, and virtually everyone he's shown them to have walked off the lots with them. He said he really doesn't understand it, but female customers (or the wives of male customers) seem to like something about them.

This isn't a cheap option either, at $995 for some bigger wheels, chrome, and badges.

I was at a family gathering today, and was chatting with my great uncle, who owns a Lincoln-Mercury franchise. Tough times, but one thing he noticed is that his customers LOVE the Voga Milan and Mariner, and virtually everyone he's shown them to have walked off the lots with them. He said he really doesn't understand it, but female customers (or the wives of male customers) seem to like something about them.

This isn't a cheap option either, at $995 for some bigger wheels, chrome, and badges.

The right fashions always sell to women. Those Mercury vehicles represent a sensible and affordable descision that gives them a level of indulgence while catering to basic needs. If they try it on and it looks good and they feel good in it, they will buy it. With the improved quality rating of these domestic brand vehicles they are feeling more confident about buying an American vehicle. With Mercury it's like buying at Target instead of Wal-Mart.

On a related note, I am sure everyone has noticed Wal-Mart has adapted a new delacate flower logo and focused advertising towards people more likely to shop at Target.

it

s not about the chrome - it is about the interior - like the cream on black combo of the Mariner - it is very snazzy looking for a non-luxury SUV .... I am test driving a Voga Mariner right now, and the stylish interior was an immediate hit with anyone who has ridden in it.

Igor

My Mother JUST traded her MKZ for a Mariner VOGA, she was bound and determined to get one, I've never seen her so invested in getting any specific car. For her, it's about the exclusivity of having a rarish Mariner trim package, especially since she's stepping out of a Lincon (long time Lincoln customer but wanted an SUV again and I already own an MKX so she didn't want to duplicate me). This will be her first Mercuy.

Personally, I'm hoping the next-gen Mariner goes to Lincoln instead; the car is appealing enough to drive a long-time Lincoln consumer into a Mercury, that can't be good ;).

The tech in her Mariner outpaces the tech in my MKX and MKZ, it's kinda depressing. The MKS should cure that :)

My Mother JUST traded her MKZ for a Mariner VOGA, she was bound and determined to get one, I've never seen her so invested in getting any specific car. For her, it's about the exclusivity of having a rarish Mariner trim package, especially since she's stepping out of a Lincon (long time Lincoln customer but wanted an SUV again and I already own an MKX so she didn't want to duplicate me). This will be her first Mercuy.

Rare trim package...she is driving a pretty rare brand...

She may be over tonight so I'll get to see it today, hopefully. I'm not thrilled about the Lincoln cessation so I'm determined not to like it, but I'm sure I will.

I'm very curious about the revamped drivetrain, although I've never spent time in the Escape/Mariner to begin with.

2b2, I will probably post pics in my gallery once I get good ones. I'll post some here if they are worthwhile. I've never see the VOGA Mariner, but it sounds like a Mariner with the Escape's chrome package. It even has a chromed grille, roof rail, and bumper piece instead of the satin aluminium look. She got it in black. The dashboard is not two-toned (bummer!) and has the piano black trim just like the uber Escape.

The VOGA brand fits my Mum's style perfectly, so you won't catch me driving it ;) Never has a car been more exclusively female than the Mercury VOGA.

My neighbor actually has a new black Ford Escape with the chrome package and a Lincoln MKX. I had the MKX first however so I don't want to hear about copying! :)

She may be over tonight so I'll get to see it today, hopefully. I'm not thrilled about the Lincoln cessation so I'm determined not to like it, but I'm sure I will.

I'm very curious about the revamped drivetrain, although I've never spent time in the Escape/Mariner to begin with.

2b2, I will probably post pics in my gallery once I get good ones. I'll post some here if they are worthwhile. I've never see the VOGA Mariner, but it sounds like a Mariner with the Escape's chrome package. It even has a chromed grille, roof rail, and bumper piece instead of the satin aluminium look. She got it in black. The dashboard is not two-toned (bummer!) and has the piano black trim just like the uber Escape.

The VOGA brand fits my Mum's style perfectly, so you won't catch me driving it ;) Never has a car been more exclusively female than the Mercury VOGA.

My neighbor actually has a new black Ford Escape with the chrome package and a Lincoln MKX. I had the MKX first however so I don't want to hear about copying! :)

Yes, I've seen one Mariner VOGA so far, and the only difference from the outside is that all the satin aluminum pieces (grille, rear bumper, etc) is replaced by chrome, and it gets the Escape's high-end chrome wheels w/ a VOGA center cap I believe. Haven't seen the inside though.

^ I haven't found pix of the Mariner-VOGA but here are some Milan-VOGA photos with even interior closeups :)

&

BORG, the whole idea is a Charcoal black interior except for the off-white Cashmere seats and door inserts

imho if they 2-toned the dash it wouldn't be as strong of a 'look'

&

for the record, I was thinking of pix of the Mariner but....

Edited by 2b2

Got to test drive and photograph the Mariner Voga today, which is indeed a fantastic car with some great features. I am a big fan of superfluous features, so it's no surprise that Ambient lighting is my favorite :). The new Nav and GUI is harder to use IMO, but the voice activated features help to make things easier. My iPhone's iPod function doesn't work with Sync it seems, I'm not sure what's going on there (big bummer if the MKS works the same).

It does look ALOT like my neighbors Escape with the chrome package, more so than I expected. The car has a great interior, the extreme color contrasts and materials are refreshingly modern and unique. The controls and layout are fantastic, the knobs and dash-top display work far better than ANY other ford vehicle I've owned. The blue is a big improvements, although I would like to see more color in the instrument panel (red needles or something to break up the blue would be nice). Indeed, I can tell that blue is a harsher color on the eye at night compared to the green, but the last time I had a green ford was a Milan loaner :) Overall the car is a sharp little blingy SUV.

It'd drives brilliantly! The drivetrain is smooth and intuitive and the car takes corners with ease. The steering is very numb however, I've never experienced anything quite like it, absolutely no feedback from the column! I rather like it actually! :)

There is more off-the-line guts than I expected and the noise and vibration is well controlled, not quite 3.5L smooth but the transmission is much smoother than the unit in my outgoing MKZ. It is more fun to drive than my MKX which feels big and heavy, but it doesn't have the same sort of power and refinement. It's almost as quiet as my MKX and MKZ as well, which surprised the heck out of me. I haven't driven it at highway speed so I can't compare.

The ride is much firmer than the Lincolns and the seats are just too small for my tall frame (The MKX has the best seats I have ever sat in). Still, I could easily find myself in one of these, I think it's probably Ford's best all-around vehicle for the money.

I will add some pictures to my gallery once I edit out the streetnames and license plates :) I'll attach one of the interior lighting since it's safe ;)

Keep your eye here if you want to see more.

Forgive the floormats, the VOGA floormats are in the mail and these are all-weather mats from Costco ;).

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_50_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_57_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_49_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_46_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_146_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_133_.JPG

Edited by BORG

Got to test drive and photograph the Mariner Voga today, which is indeed a fantastic car with some great features. I am a big fan of superfluous features, so it's no surprise that Ambient lighting is my favorite :). The new Nav and GUI is harder to use IMO, but the voice activated features help to make things easier. My iPhone's iPod function doesn't work with Sync it seems, I'm not sure what's going on there (big bummer if the MKS works the same).

It does look ALOT like my neighbors Escape with the chrome package, more so than I expected. The car has a great interior, the extreme color contrasts and materials are refreshingly modern and unique. The controls and layout are fantastic, the knobs and dash-top display work far better than ANY other ford vehicle I've owned. The blue is a big improvements, although I would like to see more color in the instrument panel (red needles or something to break up the blue would be nice). Indeed, I can tell that blue is a harsher color on the eye at night compared to the green, but the last time I had a green ford was a Milan loaner :) Overall the car is a sharp little blingy SUV.

It'd drives brilliantly! The drivetrain is smooth and intuitive and the car takes corners with ease. The steering is very numb however, I've never experienced anything quite like it, absolutely no feedback from the column! I rather like it actually! :)

There is more off-the-line guts than I expected and the noise and vibration is well controlled, not quite 3.5L smooth but the transmission is much smoother than the unit in my outgoing MKZ. It is more fun to drive than my MKX which feels big and heavy, but it doesn't have the same sort of power and refinement. It's almost as quiet as my MKX and MKZ as well, which surprised the heck out of me. I haven't driven it at highway speed so I can't compare.

The ride is much firmer than the Lincolns and the seats are just too small for my tall frame (The MKX has the best seats I have ever sat in). Still, I could easily find myself in one of these, I think it's probably Ford's best all-around vehicle for the money.

I will add some pictures to my gallery once I edit out the streetnames and license plates :) I'll attach one of the interior lighting since it's safe ;)

Keep your eye here if you want to see more.

Forgive the floormats, the VOGA floormats are in the mail and these are all-weather mats from Costco ;).

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_50_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_57_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_49_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_46_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_146_.JPG

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_133_.JPG

Looks good, although I do think the dash could use some of the white/cream/whatever you'd like to call it color of the seats.

congrats to MaMa Borg on that nice Mercury and last I heard Mercury will keep , Milan,Mariner, new Small Car and I got a feeling that maybe Mercury will get the CMax or a hatchback or revived Capri that its supposed to appear as a concept for next year

Edited by Cougarpower

Yes, I wish the dash inserts were the "Cashmere" color as well.

I really wish Mercury Made a version of the Edge, but the MKX is just too similar (if not in pricing).

I forgot to mention that the audio system is amazing! This is this is the standard sound system? Huh?! Gosh, Ford has come a long way! This is actually what sold the car, she drove it and loved the stereo (the stereo in the Milan is awful). The MKZ sound system was always a disappointment, but the MKX rocks! :)

Another pic! (We traded cars for a day so I got to spend sometime photoging in my garage at night). I'm suppose to teach her how to use SYNC and etc... (snorts).

2009%20Mercury%20Mariner%20VOGA%20_132_.JPG

Edited by BORG

I had the chance to spend the night with a white-on-white Voga and I have to agree on that sound system. Reminded me of the Navigator but sounded better in that small amount of space. Engine was a bit too noisy for my taste, but I have nothing to compare it to because I have never been in a regular 3.0L Mariner. Overall it was a joy to drive and quite nimble. Not sure how the all white would look in the 5 inches of snow as thing would disappear in a snow storm so that color combo may sell well in warm weather states.

• 2 weeks later...