Ford expects another tough year in 2009

Bankruptcy is unlikely, but it'll be much more expensive for them to borrow money, IF they can even find it...so I wouldnt doubt if the next few redesigns are pushed out on a longer product cycle.

I definitely do expect some smaller players to pull out of the market because of much lower sales (as in Isuzu). Fortunately, some automakers could pull out because they aren't heavily dependent on the U.S. market, while the larger players will have to hunker down thru this crisis.

It will be a tough year for all car manufacturers because many people have already decided they will let their current ICE vehicle run into the ground and their next car will be an EV or PHEV.

Many people are just stuck in their vehicles becuase they drive SUVs/Trucks and the value has plumetted, and they know they aren't going to buy another truck or SUV and are sitting tight until they are able to unload their car without negative equity (as is my Dad).

As always, there is going to be pent-up demand after a period of time, the volume slowdown right now is enormous and it will eventually bounce back!

It will be a tough year for all car manufacturers because many people have already decided they will let their current ICE vehicle run into the ground and their next car will be an EV or PHEV.

It will be a tough year for anyone who manufactures anything.

Are you in the market for a new car? * 1743 responses

Yes, I'm looking

24% dotRed.gif

No

71%

dotRed.gifLooking but having trouble getting loan/credit

4.9% dotRed.gif

CNBC

http://www.cnbc.com/id/26976399

With only 4.9% having problems getting loans/credit Credit, the No loans Credit Crunch does not appear to be hitting to many.

Why are the 71% not interested l would like to buy a new Ford car, but Ford FOE don't make one car that interests me in the slightest so l will hang on to what l have got?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/694881.stm

It's all about Product

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

CNBC Reports...............

Auto Sales Numbers: No One's Even Looking To Buy.

How bad is the auto business right now? Every automaker is feeling the pain, not just the Detroit 3. In the last week, showroom traffic (people simply visiting a dealership) is down 50% compared to the same time last year.

I'm not trying to sound like a guy yelling fire in a theater. I'm simply relaying what I'm hearing from dealers across the country.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/694881.stm

I was talking to an accountant at work who just left a major US telecoms company. Said company is doing well, has made lots of cash. But tied it all up in financial investments. Now they are struggling with cash flow and are having to secure cash loans from banks on a daily basis. Frighting really because said company is very profitable but just has cash flow issues.