Ford the strongest of the Big 3

Its not bad. However, they did make a very glaring mistake. They said that trucks are being booted out of US factories, to make way for more cars, like the new Fiesta.............. coming out in fall of 2009.

Oops.

I will say that it is one of the less damning praise articles that I have read, about Ford, though.

Also, short is good.

Its not bad. However, they did make a very glaring mistake. They said that trucks are being booted out of US factories, to make way for more cars, like the new Fiesta.............. coming out in fall of 2009.

Oops.

I will say that it is one of the less damning praise articles that I have read, about Ford, though.

Also, short is good.

Saw that too...my guess is, they meant North American factories since the factory in Culiacan Mexico is the plant that made trucks and is being converted over to make Fiesta.

Edited by twintornados

I applaud Alan Mulally. The one thing Bill Ford did right was bring him on board. It was wise to bring a CEO on board who was not in the automobile industry. Alan Mulally is an Aeronautical Engineer with Business dergees too. A very formidable combination and earned by hard work. That is Mr. Mulally greatest atribute, he isn't lazy, he is a worker.

All Ford employees should look to the future in a positive light with Alan Mullaly at the helm of the company.

If the bridge loan is going to come with a lot of conditions and that looks more likely every day, maybe it would be better for Ford to not partake, get better PR, and instead push hard for the original $25 billion for retooling. With gas prices so low right now, Ford just may get some breathing room with better pickup truck residuals and more people buying their brand new pickup truck. Ford has enough capacity to meet any pickup truck demand. Ford finally lucked out and is bringing out new pickup into $1.75/gallon environment. While the economy sucks, at least gas prices will not be reason for not buying Ford's new pickup.

So, from all the losers, Ford is at the top, I mean bottom, right..... :hysterical:

Kidding aside, Ford is moving in the right direction. I hope they don't go back to their old ways. Even if gas is cheap, don't delay investments in the Fiesta, Focus of Fusion. Think long term like Honda and Toyota.

Why is it that some of you feel you have to remind, in any positive Ford post, that you hope they don't go back to their old ways.

You know, I hope that no company goes back to their old ways. Those 70's and 80's Toyotas and Hondas were awful, underpowered, rustbuckets.

Do you not think, that if Ford was going to go back to their "old ways," that the freefall of gas prices, and awful economy would have been a perfect excuse to do so??? Yet they are not.

Until you see evidence of them reverting to what got them into this mess in the first place................ please................ look to the future, instead of the past. It is becoming quite obvious that Ford is learning from their mistakes.

Why is it that some of you feel you have to remind, in any positive Ford post, that you hope they don't go back to their old ways.

You know, I hope that no company goes back to their old ways. Those 70's and 80's Toyotas and Hondas were awful, underpowered, rustbuckets.

Do you not think, that if Ford was going to go back to their "old ways," that the freefall of gas prices, and awful economy would have been a perfect excuse to do so??? Yet they are not.

Until you see evidence of them reverting to what got them into this mess in the first place................ please................ look to the future, instead of the past. It is becoming quite obvious that Ford is learning from their mistakes.

Especially since none of the current team (Fields, Mulally, Kuzak, Farley) were associated with "the old ways". They have nothing to go back to.