'10 Mustang

ANTAUS

but its a good design and 100lbs is not that bad considering if they could adapt it to the Mustangs chassis then a GT would weigh around 3650lbs.....not bad
Not bad? From who's perspective. I come from the "no compromises" school of thought. Personally, I wish the mustang was a couple hundred pounds lighter. When I get my 2011 GT, the first thing I will do is swap out the K member and suspension parts for tubular Chromoly. Then I will replace the entire exhaust, rip out all sound deadening material, swap the brakes, and replace as much sheet metal as I can with composites. Hell, I may even swap out the glass for polycrylic. I'll probably leave the AC in, as it is hot as hell down here. But the stereo can go as well. Front seats can be swapped out, rear seats deleted... Etc. Etc. Etc.

Maybe I'm crazy about my cars performance, but the fact is that almost all cars are pigs these days. Why? Because people like you have been rationalizing 100lbs here and 45lbs there for far too long. Safety standards aside, our cars need a diet.

Edited by Versa-Tech

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not bad? From who's perspective. I come from the "no compromises" school of thought. Personally, I wish the mustang was a couple hundred pounds lighter. When I get my 2011 GT, the first thing I will do is swap out the K member and suspension parts for tubular Chromoly. Then I will replace the entire exhaust, rip out all sound deadening material, swap the brakes, and replace as much sheet metal as I can with composites. Hell, I may even swap out the glass for polycrylic. I'll probably leave the AC in, as it is hot as hell down here. But the stereo can go as well. Front seats can be swapped out, rear seats deleted... Etc. Etc. Etc.

Maybe I'm crazy about my cars performance, but the fact is that almost all cars are pigs these days. Why? Because people like you have been rationalizing 100lbs here and 45lbs there for far too long. Safety standards aside, our cars need a diet.

ok...

it still would be nice to get IRS in their

i don't like putting weight that does not serve a purpose, IRS serves a purpose

you can go ahead and be the .01% of people that rip everything out of their new 2011 Mustang GT....but for most people it would be nice to get IRS and a little more power

BTW this new mustang weighs more...

Drunk drivers and careless 17 year-old girls that lack the attention span to drive safely...

and evidently Ford-150 :finger:

im done

ill just look at whats posted from now on...or ill just stick with the vehicle specific boards...

this board has been getting dumber everyday since P got banned

and he was much better than this guy

Edited by Ford-150

i just don't understand why they did just 15hp and a measly 5 ft-lb of torque....they could have done better and given the 4.6L the respect it deserves on its last year of production in a Mustang if it is.

I could care less what Ford does with the 4.6 3V, as it's a lame duck anyway.

I am anxiously awaiting a real engine, the 5.0 4V.

There's plenty excuse for the manual and the automatic. They didn't feel like wasting money and time testing an engine/tranny combo that would only be in production for a year. Would you rather they took the money they used to revise the interior and instead used it to test a 6-speed manual?

You're right Nick. It's not 1967 when you could just bolt stuff together and push it out the door. The costs and delay involved in certifying an engine/trans combo are quite expensive.

Anyone out there got any idea what they are planning to announce in January? Man, I hope its something to do with the new powertrain!! The suspense is killing me, by the way, the new car looks AWESOME!!!! :shades:

Bossed

GT500 debuts at NAIAS in Detroit in January. I'll be there to see it for sure...

Is this refresh a stopgap until an all new model hits in a few years? Like the updated fusion which will only last a few years. Or is this mustang, once it gets the new engines and all, going to stick around for a while?

I really like the looks on the outside. I'm not too crazy over the interior but its not a huge deal... I'm mainly just spoiled from the Fiesta interior lol

Is this refresh a stopgap until an all new model hits in a few years? Like the updated fusion which will only last a few years. Or is this mustang, once it gets the new engines and all, going to stick around for a while?

I really like the looks on the outside. I'm not too crazy over the interior but its not a huge deal... I'm mainly just spoiled from the Fiesta interior lol

Like I said, Get the f*ck out of here Al Gore :redcard:

From what I understand, all-new Mustang is supposed to drop in 2012 or 2013.