Auto-workers pay

TIGER66

Does anyone on here remember how much we made when the company was making billions of dollars. I am so sick of hearing everyone on tv blame us for our wages. I would bet that none of them have every stood on the line for 10,11, or 12 hours in the heat with gas fumes choking you and it so dam loud you cant hear yourself think. There are many jobs that people do that deserve every penny they make and we are one of them. My one cent. holding the other just in case.

Does anyone on here remember how much we made when the company was making billions of dollars. I am so sick of hearing everyone on tv blame us for our wages. I would bet that none of them have every stood on the line for 10,11, or 12 hours in the heat with gas fumes choking you and it so dam loud you cant hear yourself think. There are many jobs that people do that deserve every penny they make and we are one of them. My one cent. holding the other just in case.

Id give my check to that cnbc anchor if he could work 1 week at avon lake on the trim line putting in wire harness. Lets see if he or she can work 10 hrs and a 8 hr sat. and not wimp out!!!!

Hell they couldnt even last a week in paint or body shop!!! He couldnt even do an inspection job because that requires alot of walking, not sitting on your ass talking about stocks all day!!!!!!

THE TRUTH ABOUT AUTO WORKERS & THEIR PAY

UAW - American autoworkers are among the most productive workers in the world. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the typical autoworker produces value added worth $206 per worker per hour. This is far more than he or she earns in wages, even when benefits, statutory contributions and other costs are included.

The total labor cost of a new vehicle produced in the United States is about $2,400, which includes direct, indirect and salaried labor for engines, stamping and assembly at the automakers' plants.

This represents 8.4 percent of the typical $28,4513 price of a new vehicle in 2006. The vast majority of the costs of producing a vehicle and transporting it to a dealership and preparing it for sale - including design, engineering, marketing, raw materials, executive compensation and other costs - are not related to direct or indirect manufacturing labor.

link to info

http://www.uaw.org/barg/07fact/fact02.php

THE TRUTH ABOUT AUTO WORKERS & THEIR PAY

UAW - American autoworkers are among the most productive workers in the world. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the typical autoworker produces value added worth $206 per worker per hour. This is far more than he or she earns in wages, even when benefits, statutory contributions and other costs are included.

The total labor cost of a new vehicle produced in the United States is about $2,400, which includes direct, indirect and salaried labor for engines, stamping and assembly at the automakers' plants.

This represents 8.4 percent of the typical $28,4513 price of a new vehicle in 2006. The vast majority of the costs of producing a vehicle and transporting it to a dealership and preparing it for sale - including design, engineering, marketing, raw materials, executive compensation and other costs - are not related to direct or indirect manufacturing labor.

link to info

http://www.uaw.org/barg/07fact/fact02.php

THAT is the kind of info those idiots should have had their overpaid staffers gather up for them before going to DC and getting their ass kicked.

Edited by Dadzee

Damn right! :beerchug:

compare our wages to the salary wages, there is no comparison, there is no reason the ceo should make over 20 million a year plus bonuses. his wage in one year is the wage of 10 employees that work 30 years...............does that make sense, and he is getting that yearly. so after his 30 years that would equal 300 employees. no wonder toyota makes money they dont pay there ceos like that. oh thats right they are coming to work for the big 3 now to make the real money.

What pisses me off is nobody reports on how hard our jobs are or the dangers and damage they cause our body they just wanna cry about our pay but none of them can do and hold up a job on any of fords assembly lines.

Everything you said is true........sad to say nobody cares though BUT if we fold they'll realize the damage to our country's viability and demise all around with a full-fledged depression and ONLY then understand how small the wages actually meant....but by then it won't matter. This short-sightedness is enough to make one just say fuck it.

:rip:

Everything you said is true........sad to say nobody cares though BUT if we fold they'll realize the damage to our country's viability and demise all around with a full-fledged depression and ONLY then understand how small the wages actually meant....but by then it won't matter. This short-sightedness is enough to make one just say fuck it.

:rip:

That's because they think that since they put time in at college that they should make more than the common autoworker. But the truth is that until people just look at us as regular working men and women that put in our time like they do, we will always be looked at as second class citizens. That's a shame

Edited by megaford1

Let us look at the big picture here. If we got rid of FOXNEWS then all of this crap about our wages won't be in the media as much. More spin on that great Repuking party that has controlled or Fu#$ed this country for the last 8 years. Send a strong message to all Dickocrats that want to be on the other side. Screw us and your ass is going back home with no job in DC.

Let us look at the big picture here. If we got rid of FOXNEWS then all of this crap about our wages won't be in the media as much. More spin on that great Repuking party that has controlled or Fu#$ed this country for the last 8 years. Send a strong message to all Dickocrats that want to be on the other side. Screw us and your ass is going back home with no job in DC.

We have to start with the American mindset on the West and East coast, they won't even think about going in an American dealership.

Everything you guys are saying is true but why dont we demand the same for workers at Wal Mart, McDonalds, JC Penny ect...? Every worker should make a decent living and it seems to me that we only want to bark when our money or benefits are being scrutinized. I pray that we get through this without job or benefit cuts and if this happens we should try and stand up for all of the workers who are less fortunate than us.

As I said before I believe since Ron is up there begging for bucks, there should be at least 2 union workers appointed to each of the big 3 auto board of directors. Lets face it these boards have approved everything that management has done and with a union voice on the board maybe American workers would be considered for future investment over Mexico or China. If Ron had smart guys surrounding him, they would seize at the opportunity at hand. But the international reps the UAW currently has are not the best our union has to offer. Is there riisk to demand board seats, yes but the union has never made gains by being conserative. At some point our union is going to have to take some chances and grow some balls.

im 34. 14 years at ford. i know there was a time in this country (50's,60's,70's) when a man graduated high school, if he decided, he could go to a factory-be it auto, or a steel mill, or maybe a papermill, and get a job that payed a decent wage. not a wage that was ever considered "rich" or "overpaid". but he could afford the mortgage on a modest house, choose to have a family, and maybe save a few bucks and even donate $10 or $20 a week to his church. it was hard work, but he didnt mind because he made a deal with company to dedicate at least 30 years to the company. and the company would continue to help him out in retirement. when did the middle class blue collar worker become an enemy and a burden to this country? what has become of this country?

im 34. 14 years at ford. i know there was a time in this country (50's,60's,70's) when a man graduated high school, if he decided, he could go to a factory-be it auto, or a steel mill, or maybe a papermill, and get a job that payed a decent wage. not a wage that was ever considered "rich" or "overpaid". but he could afford the mortgage on a modest house, choose to have a family, and maybe save a few bucks and even donate $10 or $20 a week to his church. it was hard work, but he didnt mind because he made a deal with company to dedicate at least 30 years to the company. and the company would continue to help him out in retirement. when did the middle class blue collar worker become an enemy and a burden to this country? what has become of this country?

excellent post and question. all we want is a decent living and to be able to retire comfortably. is that a crime?? i think anyone who devoted 30 years to a company should expect the same thing regardless if they're union or not.

when did the middle class blue collar worker become an enemy and a burden to this country? what has become of this country?

When sheeple started to follow the corporate mind set that "unskilled" labor should only be paid minimum wage and that those that go to collage are "better' than those that don't. These are the same people who believe everyone should pay for their own insurance because they do. These are the same people that believe there should be no pensions because they don't have one. These people who think they are better then everyone of us, but are pissed we have something they don't.....Skills.

ok so the public says we are lazy and way overpaid but we are the ones doing the hard labor and the guys sitting in offices making horrible decisions making millions i guess thats ok to them. like i said let them come in and do the jobs go home and wake up hurting like hell the next day.

ok so the public says we are lazy and way overpaid but we are the ones doing the hard labor and the guys sitting in offices making horrible decisions making millions i guess thats ok to them. like i said let them come in and do the jobs go home and wake up hurting like hell the next day.

AMEN TO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why should they? They can just send the work to mexico and get a guy with a 3rd grade education to do the job.

You have to remember, there is only one side who has what the other wants here.

We have to start with the American mindset on the West and East coast, they won't even think about going in an American dealership.

I got a private message, on a car detailing forum, from a young kid in college. Seems his professor asked his class of fifty students how many drove an American made car. This kid and one other student raised their hands. Out of fifty fucking students. Kid said he was appalled at it. Said he always drove a Detroit brand and always would. Good kid - I messaged him back and said I couldn't begin to thank him enough.

You're damn right we have to start with the American mindset on the West and East Coasts. 2 out of 50, Jesus Christ.

Brother, it's what I call "The Politics of The Vindictive" It goes like this - "If I ain't got it (pay, benefits) ain't none of you supposed to have it either."

Good post. Unfortunataly, we got our asses handed to us in the media, so now we've been tried and convicted by the rest of the country. We can hit them with facts all day long, they can't hear us anymore.

Excellent letters!!! I work at Ford here in Windsor. Been here over 25 years, worked in some bad areas of casting, machining, etc. I have a 77 yr. old neighbor that worked 40 years for General Chemical/Allied Chemical. Retired a UAW now CAW worker. Two years ago General claims bankruptcy. He lost half his pension, all his medical. General stays open in the USA and walks away from a toxic mess in Amherstburg ON. I can see this happening to us!! When is the governments of the US and Canada going to guarantee our pensions. If I lose my pension; I am going to be pissed!!! I still say we should all think on one mindset UAW/CAW. The larger unions in Europe shut down everything when wages are slashed, gas goes up, etc. Nobody wants us to bring up working conditions, what were endured in the past and now. When they came out of the senate hearings and were heckled by those people, I wish i was there, LOOK OUT!!! I'm with all of you, trust me. Prime Minister Steven Harper said he was willing to help with aid.

Everything you guys are saying is true but why dont we demand the same for workers at Wal Mart, McDonalds, JC Penny ect...? Every worker should make a decent living and it seems to me that we only want to bark when our money or benefits are being scrutinized. I pray that we get through this without job or benefit cuts and if this happens we should try and stand up for all of the workers who are less fortunate than us.

As I said before I believe since Ron is up there begging for bucks, there should be at least 2 union workers appointed to each of the big 3 auto board of directors. Lets face it these boards have approved everything that management has done and with a union voice on the board maybe American workers would be considered for future investment over Mexico or China. If Ron had smart guys surrounding him, they would seize at the opportunity at hand. But the international reps the UAW currently has are not the best our union has to offer. Is there riisk to demand board seats, yes but the union has never made gains by being conserative. At some point our union is going to have to take some chances and grow some balls.

Wal-Mart is a middleman. They buy products, and re-sell them at a profit. They can't afford to pay high wages to the sales personnel because they would lose their profit. They make a thin profit on each item, but make it up on high volume. Car companies produce expensive items at a high volume. That is unique in industry. Quality labor is crucial. Since labor is only a small portion of the total cost, and the jobs are very demanding, it makes sense to pay higher wages. Also, this allows the company to sell their product to the employees. If you work your butt off all day building new cars, and you do not make enough money to buy one, yourself, that would be pretty demoralizing, and would be reflected in your work quality.

Edited by Trimdingman