Fox News blogger takes pot shot at Ford

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical: Critic..

you make me laugh at times.

did you ever have the balls to serve your country? :shades:

Their is so much more to me than meets the eye. You probably heard of Quantico and Corpus Christi, and perhaps you've also heard of an A4. I don't wrap myself in a flag, and I don't belittle people with remarks like yours when you think your so protected. Basically that's exactly what you are so good at, Not involved in the situation, but calling for others heads to roll.

Like I said, how's it going dodging those bullets in that weather shack in Central Indiana?

Their is so much more to me than meets the eye. You probably heard of Quantico and Corpus Christi, and perhaps you've also heard of an A4. I don't wrap myself in a flag, and I don't belittle people with remarks like yours when you think your so protected. Basically that's exactly what you are so good at, Not involved in the situation, but calling for others heads to roll.

Like I said, how's it going dodging those bullets in that weather shack in Central Indiana?

:hysterical:

When were you in the Corps? I spent a year with a Marine detachment in Panama City back in the late '80s and attended weather school with many at Chanute AFB in the early '80s.

I've spent my time overseas as a combat weather forecaster and will retire as soon.

I must admit that I enjoy pointing out when you are wrong. :hysterical:

And note that I am involved with the Big 3 situation as a stock holder.

:hysterical: Critic..

you make me laugh at times.

did you ever have the balls to serve your country? :shades:

It doesn't take balls to join the Air Force. Balls are needed for the Army and Marines, some cases a little bit of ignorance. I have a ton of respect for Army and Marine folks. Air Force life isn't easy but it's a cake walk compared to the other branches.

When were you in the Corps? I spent a year with a Marine detachment in Panama City back in the late '80s and attended weather school with many at Chanute AFB in the early '80s.

I've spent my time overseas as a combat weather forecaster and will retire as soon.

I must admit that I enjoy pointing out when you are wrong. :hysterical:

And note that I am involved with the Big 3 situation as a stock holder.

No. sorry, you've not pointed out when I was wrong, as Your not wrong when you stick up for the decency of the common man. You can be a stock holder, But I'll just inform you, employees hold more stock than you could ever imagine. What do you think it means when someone takes a measly $223,000 LOSS on Ford stock, Someone that saves the maximum amount possible every year, because they knew it was the right thing to do? All that time working like a dog up to 12 hours a day to just do the next right thing of putting a roof over some heads and providing for them. And all that time continuing to go to school nightly and paying for it out of their pocket. Then working up to 7 days a week, skipping vacation time off, because a company says they need you. Those are called sacrifices. Yea hard to imagine isn't it? How about just 4 people like that, that end up losing over $1M. Shades of Enron. I'm not going to bitch about it, it was a gamble.

I'll just finish it like I tell most people, "I'd like to answer that, but I'm in the Federal Witness Protection Program" and turn away.

So I sat and watched "The Peninist" and substitute the word UAW for Jew while watching it and seeing the parable that Richard had pointed out, So so similar. And I come to a conclusion, Don't ever count a union man down and out. A backlash is now forming amongst decent people who are getting tired of hearing that all these troubles should be laid at their feet. They didn't make these decisions and they didn't cause this crisis. Each and every party is too blame equally and each and every party must share together. You've never worked inside a plant, you've never seen tactics that labor relations employs to try to cower a work force of free and diverse people. You can NOT make judgements about something your uninformed about.

Years ago, you would be rooting for a workers rights, now it's flipped and it's the in thing to do of jumping on a worker now matter what field he is in. Period. Everyone fights back. This continues you will see a tremendous backlash. I don't hear too much cheering for what people have already done and what people are doing now, you just constantly want more blood. I myself am proud of working the trench's with these people and will root and encourage the underdogs.

It doesn't take balls to join the Air Force. Balls are needed for the Army and Marines, some cases a little bit of ignorance. I have a ton of respect for Army and Marine folks. Air Force life isn't easy but it's a cake walk compared to the other branches.

I have been Army CBT support for 24 out of the 28 years I've been in. Three out of my four deployments to the box has been with the Army CBT, and the Central America PCS was with the Army AV and the two short tours in central America has been with the Army HQ.

That's why the USAF gives me SDAP-3 pay each month. :hysterical: Army support is a different way of life. :shades:

There's a lot more to the USAF then just airplanes and plots. :ohsnap:

I work directly with ASOS and the Brigade/Division/Corp TOC.

Edited by mettech

No. sorry, you've not pointed out when I was wrong, as Your not wrong when you stick up for the decency of the common man. You can be a stock holder, But I'll just inform you, employees hold more stock than you could ever imagine. What do you think it means when someone takes a measly $223,000 LOSS on Ford stock, Someone that saves the maximum amount possible every year, because they knew it was the right thing to do? All that time working like a dog up to 12 hours a day to just do the next right thing of putting a roof over some heads and providing for them. And all that time continuing to go to school nightly and paying for it out of their pocket. Then working up to 7 days a week, skipping vacation time off, because a company says they need you. Those are called sacrifices. Yea hard to imagine isn't it? How about just 4 people like that, that end up losing over $1M. Shades of Enron. I'm not going to bitch about it, it was a gamble.

I'll just finish it like I tell most people, "I'd like to answer that, but I'm in the Federal Witness Protection Program" and turn away.

So I sat and watched "The Peninist" and substitute the word UAW for Jew while watching it and seeing the parable that Richard had pointed out, So so similar. And I come to a conclusion, Don't ever count a union man down and out. A backlash is now forming amongst decent people who are getting tired of hearing that all these troubles should be laid at their feet. They didn't make these decisions and they didn't cause this crisis. Each and every party is too blame equally and each and every party must share together. You've never worked inside a plant, you've never seen tactics that labor relations employs to try to cower a work force of free and diverse people. You can NOT make judgements about something your uninformed about.

Years ago, you would be rooting for a workers rights, now it's flipped and it's the in thing to do of jumping on a worker now matter what field he is in. Period. Everyone fights back. This continues you will see a tremendous backlash. I don't hear too much cheering for what people have already done and what people are doing now, you just constantly want more blood. I myself am proud of working the trench's with these people and will root and encourage the underdogs.

If you wasn't drunk when you wrote this, then :shades: .

Look over our post from last week so you can correct some of the bullshit above.

Critic, I've never been anti union or anti Big 3. I'm disappointed when someone buys an import even if it's sold by a Big 3 company. The idea is to keep USA citizens working in the USA.

What I point out however, is:

-GM is focusing and spending big money overseas. They make a profit in China, but not in America.

-The Big 3 USA worker enemy is now within the company. Ford and GM will slash white and blue collar workers even more as they bring over the European cars and trucks/vans.

-The transplants that make cars and trucks here in the USA does help the USA. The transplants are not the evil empire, they are Americans working and paying taxes and helping to support their communities.

-For the most part, transplants are growing and the Big 3 are shrinking.

- How can GM or Chrysler make a profit when they continue with a decline in market share?

-Share holders are feeling the pinch too. Dividends have been stopped and many have lost 70% or greater market value.

-Does anyone believe that GM and Chrysler can return to profits unless they cut 50% or more of overhead. How can they pay back the Fed loan(s)?

- All and I mean all bailouts are unconstitutional. period. How can congress fairly draw the line on who survives and who will fail?

Critic, I've asked you how you think all of this will play out and you decline to speculate. I am interested in your ideas and insight.

No, I wasn't drunk, but I found myself rambling and removed a lot of what I was typing. I'm not going to get drug into a meaningless debate over all this.

I see less than 10 people who just feel that US Auto's need to give up the ship and say it's over.

None of this would be coming up, if it wasn't because of some people playing around on wall-street. Period.

But once again it's easy to look out your window to find something where you can lay the blame. I just try to defend a lot more people. I thought I promised myself not to get dragged into that, but if someone doesn't say an opposing view then the vitriol won't stop. I got to just let you have your way and trust it won't end up like you want, then we all will suffer.

I'm out. Of all this I hope.

ok keyboard tough guy, when your IT dept. gets cut back, let's see how much you start boo hooing, then go some place for cheaper because you were outsourced to India and the market demands you to get paid a smaller salary.

My company has been downsizing IT for 7 or 8 years. I have numerous friends and acquaintances that were downsized. They all found jobs elsewhere that were just as good if not better (the ones that had skills). I am more than prepared to find another job if necessary - I've even considered leaving on my own. That's the way it works in the real world.

Unfortunately for auto workers you can't go somewhere else and get the same pay and benefits. That should tell you something.

My company has been downsizing IT for 7 or 8 years. I have numerous friends and acquaintances that were downsized. They all found jobs elsewhere that were just as good if not better (the ones that had skills). I am more than prepared to find another job if necessary - I've even considered leaving on my own. That's the way it works in the real world.

Unfortunately for auto workers you can't go somewhere else and get the same pay and benefits. That should tell you something.

You're a fool thinking all auto workers don't have any skill, I do have degrees and can leave at anytime but don't choose to and there are many more that can do the same. You're idiotic mind is stuck in 1st gear and is nowhere near being open to the normal worker. If they found jobs that are equal or greater pay then that's great for them to better themselves cause that's the purpose to moving on to another job is to better yourself instead putting yourself in a worse position. The problem with you is that you think any shmoe can come in and do the jobs within minutes but you are so wrong and that's where your quality will suffer and now have to make that same car twice therefore costing you double to fix the car. Keep listening to whoever you choose to about the autoworkers because your view of that worker is so skewed. I chose this job, if by chance I need or want to leave, I'll be able to find something equal or better cause I do have skills to move on.

You're a fool thinking all auto workers don't have any skill, I do have degrees and can leave at anytime but don't choose to and there are many more that can do the same. You're idiotic mind is stuck in 1st gear and is nowhere near being open to the normal worker. If they found jobs that are equal or greater pay then that's great for them to better themselves cause that's the purpose to moving on to another job is to better yourself instead putting yourself in a worse position. The problem with you is that you think any shmoe can come in and do the jobs within minutes but you are so wrong and that's where your quality will suffer and now have to make that same car twice therefore costing you double to fix the car. Keep listening to whoever you choose to about the autoworkers because your view of that worker is so skewed. I chose this job, if by chance I need or want to leave, I'll be able to find something equal or better cause I do have skills to move on.

I don't think anyone here is saying that absolutely for sure an auto worker would make less money if the d3 was able to hire at what it took to get a competent person to fill the job. It might take $28 to get the right person, who the heck are we to know until it's tried. If the jobs are as you describe them, and I'm not doubting you here, then the lowest common denominator is not going to be able to fill the postion, so ford will have to raise the pay to get the right person as the wrong person will turn out crap.

I don't think anyone here is saying that absolutely for sure an auto worker would make less money if the d3 was able to hire at what it took to get a competent person to fill the job. It might take $28 to get the right person, who the heck are we to know until it's tried. If the jobs are as you describe them, and I'm not doubting you here, then the lowest common denominator is not going to be able to fill the postion, so ford will have to raise the pay to get the right person as the wrong person will turn out crap.

then how can you be discussing about jobs, job descriptions and competence if you don't have an idea how it's done? You can't be sitting there and try to discredit the union and call things unskilled labor when it is more skilled than you think. Do you run your own business or are you an arm chair annalist that has a degree in general business but never used it but thinks he knows everything.

My honest opinion. If the UAW members that work for Ford, Chrysler, & GM are worth their pay, then they don't need the UAW at all. However, UAW workers actions and words do not support this. You can't honestly say that you're worth your wage on one hand, and then say that without the UAW you will be underpayed on the other. The two statements are contradictory... plain and simple.

then how can you be discussing about jobs, job descriptions and competence if you don't have an idea how it's done? You can't be sitting there and try to discredit the union and call things unskilled labor when it is more skilled than you think. Do you run your own business or are you an arm chair annalist that has a degree in general business but never used it but thinks he knows everything.

In the immortal word of akirby Bingo! :hysterical:

verg? I'm not going to get drag into this.

It's a typo. I would like to add that I do think you drink while posting which explains your often "out of the blue" and "inventive" hypothesis. Is it the "beer/wine/Jack Daniels" talking or really you?

Edited by MarkFive

It's a typo. I would like to add that I do think you drink while posting which explains your often "out of the blue" and "inventive" hypothesis. Is it the "beer/wine/Jack Daniels talking or really you?

You dumbfuck.. I think your an ass, but that would be because of your parents fault.