Ford's December Sales

I can only speak for Western Wayne County specifically, but I have not seen Ford dealers around here so busy in years. I was by Bill Brown Ford today and it was hard to get near the place. I had to park a block away. Vehicles getting ready for prep were ballparked like back when Bill Brown was super busy a few years ago. The vehicles ready after prep were lined up three deep waiting for customer pickup. By far, the Escape was highest in number going out of dealership today. I imagine many were 4WD with bad winter and all. Blackwell Ford in Plymouth was very busy today also with no parking spaces anywhere and new vehicles prepped all over the place.

Looks like Employee pricing is doing the trick. Also noticed a lot of competitors cars in dealer lot. I think Ford is picking up GM and Chrysler customers. If Ford has any 08's left, I bet they are gone by Jan. 5th when this program ends. Maybe Ford will have a decent month since GM and Chrysler are wounded by bankruptcy talk and Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Again, the Ford dealerships around me are super busy and that has not been seen in sometime.

I can only speak for Western Wayne County specifically, but I have not seen Ford dealers around here so busy in years. I was by Bill Brown Ford today and it was hard to get near the place. I had to park a block away. Vehicles getting ready for prep were ballparked like back when Bill Brown was super busy a few years ago. The vehicles ready after prep were lined up three deep waiting for customer pickup. By far, the Escape was highest in number going out of dealership today. I imagine many were 4WD with bad winter and all. Blackwell Ford in Plymouth was very busy today also with no parking spaces anywhere and new vehicles prepped all over the place.

Looks like Employee pricing is doing the trick. Also noticed a lot of competitors cars in dealer lot. I think Ford is picking up GM and Chrysler customers. If Ford has any 08's left, I bet they are gone by Jan. 5th when this program ends. Maybe Ford will have a decent month since GM and Chrysler are wounded by bankruptcy talk and Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone. Again, the Ford dealerships around me are super busy and that has not been seen in sometime.

I'm gonna be very curious what the sales will be after a grueling 6 weeks in the news and what kinda backlash will or won't be involved. Lets hope it will be the beginning of something good.

where you at Deanh

So Cal....needed TWO F-250 Worktruck Supercab 5.4's....NONE and I mean NONE showing in California....needed 1 F-150 08 Xlt Supercab...none showing ( THAT one blew my mind )....and that mentions 3 of about 8 I have been unable to fill...FRUSTRATING!

So Cal....needed TWO F-250 Worktruck Supercab 5.4's....NONE and I mean NONE showing in California....needed 1 F-150 08 Xlt Supercab...none showing ( THAT one blew my mind )....and that mentions 3 of about 8 I have been unable to fill...FRUSTRATING!

I guess with all the cut backs announced earlier in the 4th quarter is probably a direct result of that but then no one would have predicted gas to come down the way it did too, I can see what ya mean about the double edge sword. I've read that the truck plants will be coming back to OT next week but that's all talk right now but I wouldn't put it pass them

Great news if Ford gets a huge return of F Truck buyers now that gas prices have crashed back to Earth.

I think all manufacturers are suffereing lack of floor stock, maybe it's good if buyers go a bit hungry?

With such pent up demand, maybe January will be bigger than usual.

I have Ford's total at 142,000. January is really going to suck, though - for everyone, but espeically Ford. Ford will be under 100,000 unless someone comes through with a miracle. It should stablize to decent marketshare by April, though.

UPDATED:

So, I just reran my numbers with a slightly different SAAR and Ford sales at slightly different levels. I still get 142,000 with a marketshare of 15.7%. SAAR of 10.7 for December yielding just over 900,000 sales. Best since September (although the SAAR about equals October).

Looking forward, and I will update this later in January, I'm seeing a SAAR of 9.4 with total sales of about 630,000. I expect consumers and businesses will be waiting to see what an Obama first 100-days will look like. Ford's 15% of that will be 96k. That's not trying to be too pessimistic. The only thing that could possibly save Ford in January is some good fleet movement of the F-series. I just see January being the weakest month - the low point. I have Q1 marketshare slightly higher overall at 15.5-15.8 (very similar to last year which was 15.9). Although, Q1 will suck overall with only 2.37M in sales 3.58M. That's a 37% drop!

Edited by focus05

demand up...supply is down, have had buyers, but unable to supply product...dealers did not repelenish inventories to keep flooring down...the double edged sword syndrome....could have been a GREAT month....

sounds like a great way to increase, or keep up prices as long s those two remain constant and no one else fills the gap like chrysler with 12000 for a 3/4 ton or some other insane crap like that.

hmm... have you checked oregon dealers? we have lots of 08's. :shades: