2010 Taurus details are out but.....

Well, according to the Taurus website (under key features, technology: http://www.fordvehicles.com/2010taurus/ , the "performance series" is coming out February '09, so next month.

How can the SHO be coming out in Feb 09 before the Taurus when we haven't even started building the 6F55 yet, we've done test runs for this trans but not for selling but for testing and durability. This isn't making sense to me unless it's just for ordering starting in Feb. I may need to get a hold of my sources on this one.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can the SHO be coming out in Feb 09 before the Taurus when we haven't even started building the 6F55 yet, we've done test runs for this trans but not for selling but for testing and durability. This isn't making sense to me unless it's just for ordering starting in Feb. I may need to get a hold of my sources on this one.

ordering guide makes no mention of the SHO at all....leads me to believe we wont even see it till September-ish....

I think what he meant was it will be revealed in February. As Dean mentioned, it probably won't actually be on sale until sometime after the regular Taurus.

ordering guide makes no mention of the SHO at all....leads me to believe we wont even see it till September-ish....

I know that they are gunning for May, I've also heard earlier but mt guess is June at the latest the way all the talk is going around the plant. The 6F55 is suppose to go into regular production in March, at the latest April, I'm gonna try to find out.

I know that they are gunning for May, I've also heard earlier but mt guess is June at the latest the way all the talk is going around the plant. The 6F55 is suppose to go into regular production in March, at the latest April, I'm gonna try to find out.

Ford has a VERY annoying tendencey of telling its dealer base release dates usually at LEAST 2-3 months WRONG, for instance 2010 Fusions were meant to be HERE in December.......REALLY annoying, i swear they do it just to make us look like morons....

Edited by Deanh

just dummied up couple of factory orders, Limiteds, both FWD and AWD...LOADED, nav, roof, etc. Fwd ret $34805, inv 32172, AWD ret $36655, inv 33837....let the whining begin.....but PLEASE ...remember this IS a FLAGSHIP.....also leads me to beleive an SHO will be knockin on $40k maxed out....anybody need a hanky to wipe away their tears?

Ford has a VERY annoying tendencey of telling its dealer base release dates usually at LEAST 2-3 months WRONG, for instance 2010 Fusions were meant to be HERE in December.......REALLY annoying, i swear they do it just to make us look like morons....

yea, that's what ticks me off too, they say coming out at a certain time but it wines up being 2-3 months later but lets not hope Sept

yea, that's what ticks me off too, they say coming out at a certain time but it wines up being 2-3 months later but lets not hope Sept

actually it may be in Fords best interest from a marketing standpoint to do just that...no doubt in my mind the initial Taurus release will be much ballyhooed, and the BAM! when the fanfare starts subsiding 4-6 months later out comes the SHO!......gotta say thats a coo.....

I think what he meant was it will be revealed in February. As Dean mentioned, it probably won't actually be on sale until sometime after the regular Taurus.

I was just going by what the Taurus website said.....February 2009.

I was just going by what the Taurus website said.....February 2009.

fordvehicles.com?,,,,,,,,,, great pictures, but zero mention of the SHO....even the ordering guide has nothing, just mentions the engine is optional...great tease campaign...and heres an educated guess after priceing an AWD maxed out Limited....SHO $45k......

Edited by Deanh

fordvehicles.com?,,,,,,,,,, great pictures, but zero mention of the SHO....even the ordering guide has nothing, just mentions the engine is optional...great tease campaign...and heres an educated guess after priceing an AWD maxed out Limited....SHO $45k......

My vote is most will be SEL FWD with leather and Roof. MSRP $30K ish. I think the SHO will be about $2,000.00 more then the fully loaded AWDNA 3.5L. It already has most of what the will need for ecoboost (AWD bigger wheels and so on) unlike the MKT that adds all that with the ecoboost up charge.

My thinking is they just are holding back the announcement of the return of SHO until another show, so they can spread out their debuts to different shows. Also, we all new that EB was coming to Taurus, so excluding it from the (current) ordering guide would've been a :redcard: (not the car).

Unless of course, the SHO Taurus interior spied a couple of weeks ago was just good chops of a Taurus interior w/ SHO badges, and SHO isn't coming back.

Edited by rmc523

In all seriousness do you think Ford can sell a SHO for that much? I can see around 40K, but not $45K...might as well get an MKS

In all seriousness do you think Ford can sell a SHO for that much? I can see around 40K, but not $45K...might as well get an MKS

GOT ME APPREHENSIVE, but if a LOADED AWD Limited is over $40k why would a SHO be equal or less, i'm guessing the add for ECO and body kit, wheels tires etc $3500 -5k...thus the $45k mark....loaded of course, BUT, even if one deletes all the foo-foo theres only 3k ( adaptive cruise, roof, nav ) to knock off

some interesting comparitive specs between the 09 and 2010 dimension wise...wheelbase the same, but frront and rear tracks basically 1 inch greater, 1inch longer hieght 8/10ths less, headroom down about 6/10ths frt 1 inch rear, passenger volume down 5.7 cubic feet, trunk 1 cubic foot.....guessing all measurements courtesy of a more agressive stance and sleeker stying.....

Nope.

According to morgande, the EB is a waste of time that gets hideous mileage. Well, at least much worse than any V8.

BTW, reading his posts made my head hurt.

On the other hand.............. I may have finally found my new car. :D

1. I haven't even posted on this topic...certainly not before your baseless attack on me.

2. I never said any of what your arguing. I MOST CERTAINLY did not say EB was a waste of time or that it got hideous fuel economy. Nothing of the sort. I was making a point that their are vehicles on the market that have V8s and get EB fuel economy numbers...which is why I questioned why Ford would abandon the V8 for cars if its possible for cars to get similar fuel economy numbers but maintain their V8s.

3. Of most important, what does fuel economy of my post have to do with the 2010 Taurus?

If reading my post hurts your head, then don't read them. But most importantly, do go around attacking me on other threads that I haven't even posted on with issues that aren't even related. Its a free country, and I can express my opinion here same as you. But attacking me ...wtf?

Edited by morgande

1. I haven't even posted on this topic...certainly not before your baseless attach on me.

2. I never said any of what your arguing. I MOST CERTAINLY did not say EB was a waste of time or that it got hideous fuel economy. Nothing of the sort. I was making a point that their are vehicles on the market that have V8s and get EB fuel economy numbers...which is why I questioned why Ford would abandon the V8 for cars if its possible for cars to get similar fuel economy numbers but maintain their V8s.

3. Of most important, what does fuel economy of my post have to do with the 2010 Taurus?

If reading my post hurts your head, then don't read them. But most importantly, do go around attaching me on other threads that I haven't even posted on with issues that aren't even related. Its a free country, and I can express my opinion here same as you. But attaching me man...wtf?

all this personal attaching....Richard..."Can't we all just get along....."