2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

Just got off the phone with my dealer :)

It was invoiced on Feb 23 and is in route. They listed 14 days for transit but she said that they count on 21. So......

By the 3rd week of March I should have mine!!!! :yahoo:

Now, where would one get an X plan pin and do I need to give the VIN?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Mine's been built for 2 weeks but no invoice yet, so it's still sitting on hold.

Any luck on yours yet?

It's been over 2 weeks since mine was built but it still has not shipped.

Typical for a new model (quality control and such) but frustrating for us.

My ETA is now TBD.

Edited by svtenthusiast

Is there any way to "give" your X-Plan PIN number to someone else? I ask this because I'm a shareholder in Ford, but my girlfriend wants to buy a 2010 Fusion.

Just have her buy a few shares of Ford stock...it's cheap enough.

Or, there are employees on here who would get her a PIN.

Is there any way to "give" your X-Plan PIN number to someone else? I ask this because I'm a shareholder in Ford, but my girlfriend wants to buy a 2010 Fusion.

Just have her buy a few shares of Ford stock...it's cheap enough.

Or, there are employees on here who would get her a PIN.

Let's please keep this topic on discussion of order status updates.

Here is a PIN number thread already created in the Fusion section: X Plan PIN Request

Any luck on yours yet?

It's been over 2 weeks since mine was built but it still has not shipped.

Typical for a new model (quality control and such) but frustrating for us.

My ETA is now TBD.

Nope- just like everyone else!

Make sure to watch American Idol tonight, they'll certainly be showing the 2010 Fusion ads. Great idea- advertise a car that isn't in the showroom yet.

Nope- just like everyone else!

Make sure to watch American Idol tonight, they'll certainly be showing the 2010 Fusion ads. Great idea- advertise a car that isn't in the showroom yet.

Yep, I saw the commercials and thought the same thing. What's the point if you can't walk into a dealership and buy one yet.

We got the showroom brochures for the car the other day, I made the comment about it's getting old just looking at pretty pictures of the car. It's time to drive one!

Yep, I saw the commercials and thought the same thing. What's the point if you can't walk into a dealership and buy one yet.

We got the showroom brochures for the car the other day, I made the comment about it's getting old just looking at pretty pictures of the car. It's time to drive one!

At least you have the consolation that your car has been built ;). Those of us who've ordered the hybrid model have even less information to go by, just wide-ranging estimates (once approved) that it will be built sometime between April and October. I agree that it seems a little odd to be running ads on TV when the car is nowhere near showrooms.

For the hybrid, it seems like Ford wants to queue up as many orders as it possibly can to make sure it sells every FFH that it manufactures. I suppose this creates the illusion that the vehicle is in really high demand, since there won't be many unsold units floating around in dealers lots.

The only problem IMO is the lack of production/delivery info for those of us who already ordered. All this lack of info does is give customers more opportunity to check out the competition and potentially back-out of an order. Give me a good estimate (at least down to the build month) and I will be fine, but the uncertainty is really killing my enthusiasm.

Maybe by the end of March, once the FFH retail order scheduling program ends, I will finally discover when mine will be built. I just hope that ordering in January means it gets built in April, and not October!

At least you have the consolation that your car has been built ;). Those of us who've ordered the hybrid model have even less information to go by, just wide-ranging estimates (once approved) that it will be built sometime between April and October. I agree that it seems a little odd to be running ads on TV when the car is nowhere near showrooms.

For the hybrid, it seems like Ford wants to queue up as many orders as it possibly can to make sure it sells every FFH that it manufactures. I suppose this creates the illusion that the vehicle is in really high demand, since there won't be many unsold units floating around in dealers lots.

The only problem IMO is the lack of production/delivery info for those of us who already ordered. All this lack of info does is give customers more opportunity to check out the competition and potentially back-out of an order. Give me a good estimate (at least down to the build month) and I will be fine, but the uncertainty is really killing my enthusiasm.

Maybe by the end of March, once the FFH retail order scheduling program ends, I will finally discover when mine will be built. I just hope that ordering in January means it gets built in April, and not October!

Also, according to my dealer, my FFH order has a VIN and is now scheduled for production in late April. It should arrive at the dealer sometime in May.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

Sterling Gray

Leather Seating

Charcoal Black

502A Rapid Spec

Ordered: 1/9/09

Also, according to my dealer, my FFH order has a VIN and is now scheduled for production in late April. It should arrive at the dealer sometime in May.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

Sterling Gray

Leather Seating

Charcoal Black

502A Rapid Spec

I ordered around the same time -- guess this means no $3,400 credit...

I ordered around the same time -- guess this means no $3,400 credit...

Based on date of possession, they will at least qualify for the $1,700 tax credit until Sept. 30. I'm still holding out hope that the IRS will accept the order date for the credit to get the full $3400.

My order:

Fusion Hybrid

Sterling Gray

Leather Seating

Charcoal Black

502A Rapid Spec

ooooo you lucky SOB...what part of the country do you live in??

I ordered mine 3 weeks after you ordered yours.

Based on date of possession, they will at least qualify for the $1,700 tax credit until Sept. 30. I'm still holding out hope that the IRS will accept the order date for the credit to get the full $3400.

That is the consensus - as long as you have a signed order before 4/1 and you take delivery of that vehicle you should get the full credit.

ooooo you lucky SOB...what part of the country do you live in??

I ordered mine 3 weeks after you ordered yours.

I live in Houston, which I read is one of the high-allocation "hot spots" for the hybrid models. I bet you'll hear something soon since you placed your order so early. Check with your dealer each Friday until you find out.

I live in Houston, which I read is one of the high-allocation "hot spots" for the hybrid models. I bet you'll hear something soon since you placed your order so early. Check with your dealer each Friday until you find out.

Again lucky you...I'll check with my dealer on friday....I'm hopeful...

But I don't live in one the "hot spots" and yet when I drive to work I can see Ford World HQ from my windows at work :ohsnap:

Go figure.

Again lucky you...I'll check with my dealer on friday....I'm hopeful...

But I don't live in one the "hot spots" and yet when I drive to work I can see Ford World HQ from my windows at work :ohsnap:

Go figure.

My dealer emailed me today with my vin number and advised that my Milan Hybrid is scheduled for the Week of April 6. I ordered on 2-16-09. I'm in Cleveland. While I like living here, I hardly call this a hot spot :lol:

My dealer emailed me today with my vin number and advised that my Milan Hybrid is scheduled for the Week of April 6. I ordered on 2-16-09. I'm in Cleveland. While I like living here, I hardly call this a hot spot :lol:

Guess I'll be checking with my dealer on friday then. If I can force myself to wait that long! I ordered on 2/5/09

I talked to my salesperson today. He said that the car has been built and is waiting to be shipped, and that it will take 19 days to arrive after being shipped. He's guessing early April. Again, unfortunately, probably no $3,400 tax credit (based on my accountant's interpretation, and I think to be on the safe side I'd have to agree with her), but $1,700 is still $1,700 more than what you'd get with a Toyota Camry Hybrid.