2010 Fusion Order Status -- Updates

ackbar

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to my salesperson today....not even a VIN yet..... :( However there was one glimmer of hope. The dealership did get a VIN for the other hybrid that was or

dered soooooooo hopefully mine isn't far behind.

Sorry to hear that, but it's bound to get scheduled soon. I'm similarly dismayed that quite a few people who ordered after I did are getting theirs sooner. But then I think of it this way: any kinks or problems should be worked out by the time it gets built. B)

My dealer emailed me today with my vin number and advised that my Milan Hybrid is scheduled for the Week of April 6. I ordered on 2-16-09. I'm in Cleveland. While I like living here, I hardly call this a hot spot :lol:

Dealer called me today, left a message saying it had been factory scheduled sometime around March 12 and had a VIN. So I'm assuming I'll get it in late April or early May.

I also received an e-mail from my dealer today. He stated the allocation listing just came out and mine is scheduled for build in mid April and I should expect delivery late April or early May. The order went in on March 2nd. He also gave me the VIN. I did a VIN results search on fleet.ford.com and it's already listed there. I tried to enter it at the fordvehicles.com owners web site and it stated it wasn't a valid number. Anyway, that's all good news to me and a few steps closer to my new ride.

Speaking of VIN's, does anyone know if within the Production Sequence Number is the number which your vehicle rolled off the line. For instance, if it was the first built, 000001, and the last built today, say 005287, does that mean 5287 Fusions have been built so far??? My Prod. Seq. # is 126xxx. I'm wondering because could there be over 126000 already built when mine comes off the line? That seems high for so early in the build. I think that question is as clear as mud.

Fusion SEL

Sport Blue Metallic

2.5L I4

Moon and Tune

Remote Starter

Edited by transitman

I believe Ford starts the sequence at 100000 so yours would really be 26XXX if I am correct.

I also received an e-mail from my dealer today. He stated the allocation listing just came out and mine is scheduled for build in mid April and I should expect delivery late April or early May. The order went in on March 2nd. He also gave me the VIN. I did a VIN results search on fleet.ford.com and it's already listed there. I tried to enter it at the myford web site and it stated it wasn't a valid number. Anyway, that's all good news to me and a few steps closer to my new ride.

Speaking of VIN's does any one know if within the Production Sequence Number is the number which your vehicle rolled off the line. For instance, if it the first 000001 and the last built today 005287 does that mean 5287 Fusions have been built so far??? Mine is 126xxx. I'm wondering because could there be over 126000 already built when mine comes off the line? I think that question is as clear as mud.

Fusion SEL

Sport Blue Metallic

2.4L I4

Moon and Tune

Remote Starter

Most FFH/MMH orders were not really ready to be scheduled until they were verified by your dealership with a copy of your purchase order and drivers license. That process didn't start until late February.

Production scheduling has been set for the week of April 13. I was verified on 2/26 and my FFH is included in the April 13 build schedule. Keep checking with your salesperson on Fridays as the scheduling system is only updated on Thursday evenings. By 3/26, they should be scheduling production for April 20-24.

The good news is that you can still get your order in by the 3/31 deadline to qualify for the $3,400 tax credit - remember to get it verified at the same time.

I did some checking and came across this explanation on How to Read a VIN... 12th to 17th characters-VIS Vehicle Identification Section. The last 8 characters of the VIN are used for the identification a of (sic) specific vehicle. The last four characters shall always be numeric. Identifies the sequence of the vehicle for production as it rolled off the manufacturers assembly line. Is this an accurate statement?

They don't always go exactly in order, but do for the most part. A VIN is assigned early in the build process, and the numeric order could be interrupted because of parts shortages and other allocation problems.

So if I understand, my Fusion was issued the 6xxx VIN of the production sequence but may not be the 6xxx car to come off the line.

Thanks for the info Pioneer.

Production scheduling has been set for the week of April 13. I was verified on 2/26 and my FFH is included in the April 13 build schedule. Keep checking with your salesperson on Fridays as the scheduling system is only updated on Thursday evenings. By 3/26, they should be scheduling production for April 20-24.

They already have. As of last Friday (3/13), my FFH was scheduled for the week of April 20. I was verified on 2/28. They must schedule production over several weeks at a time, maybe depending on which components are ordered, availability of those components, etc. Something in my FFH must have pushed it out a week when scheduling.

:finger: checked with my dealer on Friday... I think he is wrong... he said no units (hybrid fusions) are going out, being built until April 1... it is obvious they are getting built... he also said that he has had to show 5 different times that a customer ordered a hybrid.. For sure I am in low hybrid zone (Southern Minnesota). so I am just waiting.., and probably will wait some more!!

:finger: checked with my dealer on Friday... I think he is wrong... he said no units (hybrid fusions) are going out, being built until April 1... it is obvious they are getting built... he also said that he has had to show 5 different times that a customer ordered a hybrid.. For sure I am in low hybrid zone (Southern Minnesota). so I am just waiting.., and probably will wait some more!!

You're correct, your Dealer is wrong! I have a 2010 Fusion Hybrid that was ordered for Dealer Stock, built and released for shipping over a week ago. At present, it's on a rail car headed to the rail ramp at Selkirk, NY which is the ramp where all my Connecticut (CT) vehicles go through. The latest vehicle status has been confirmed through the "Vehicle Visibility" program that Dealers can access for the most recent vehicle status reports. The program shows the complete vehicle status from the time the vehicle was ordered, scheduled, produced, shipped and delivered to the Dealership.

I ordered a 2010 Fusion Hybrid on 3/14, still awaiting DORA from dealer. It's a basic model with just the 500A. Realisticly speaking, when should I see my car barring any production delays? Can my dealer bump up the priority code once the order is in the system or does it really matter? Thanks.

Edited by joe308

Another minor update from mine end. Dealer called me today and told me the car that they have a VIN/schedule for was ordered roughly 30 days before mine. We are a 'low volume' area. He said he talked to the Ford Rep who told him should be another week or 2 for my car to get a VIN.

I thought you were up in Dearborn? How is that a low volumn area?

Does anyone have any updates on the hold? I haven't had a chance to get in touch with my dealer to see if my Fusion has been shipped. My last update was it being sent to plant Feb. 23 :(

As much as I like my Escape, it's starting to wear on me waiting for this new Fusion... :wacko:

Does anyone have any updates on the hold? I haven't had a chance to get in touch with my dealer to see if my Fusion has been shipped. My last update was it being sent to plant Feb. 23 :(

As much as I like my Escape, it's starting to wear on me waiting for this new Fusion... :wacko:

They're being released as we speak. I got ours today, and called a couple of local dealers here. They also got their first ones today. It looks like they're emptying the railyards, so just a little more patience should see you through! Congrats, the cars look and drive great. What did you order?

They're being released as we speak. I got ours today, and called a couple of local dealers here. They also got their first ones today. It looks like they're emptying the railyards, so just a little more patience should see you through! Congrats, the cars look and drive great. What did you order?

Thanks for the info. I'll try and get the dealer on the line tomorrow and see if they can pull a new status for me.

I ordered:

301A Rapid Spec

Sterling Gray Clearcoat Metallic

SEL

3.0L V6

6 speed SelectShift™ Automatic

BLIS

Reverse Sensing system w/rear-view camera

Moon & Tune 12 speaker

DVD Nav w/Sync & SIRIUS Travel Link

I really, really, really can't wait. I miss driving a sedan and love the look of the new Fusion. Not to mention the better gas milage ;)

I ordered a 2010 Fusion Hybrid on 3/14, still awaiting DORA from dealer. It's a basic model with just the 500A. Realisticly speaking, when should I see my car barring any production delays? Can my dealer bump up the priority code once the order is in the system or does it really matter? Thanks.

The priority is a dealer assigned number that only matters if the dealer assigns a lower priority on a unit order placed after yours. The lower priority number will be picked first.

Ask for a copy of the DORA (should have been available by 3/16.) If they have provided verification to Ford that you are in fact a real retail buyer, (copy of your purchase order and driver's license), you should get scheduling information shortly. Check on Fridays.

The dealer keeps telling me all they have is the VOC vehicle order confirmation - to me this looks like an edit screen where you put in prospective orders although it does have my name on it and an order number. Last I heard is they have to call Ford tomorrow to get the DORA. A veteran salesman who tells me they don't know what a DORA is find of scares me, but I guess 99% of the customers never ask for it. Do you think the VOC dated prior to 3/31 would hold up as proof to the IRS that the car was actually ordered? My accountant says be safe and get a copy of the DORA. Plus without a DORA, I could be waiting for a car that came back as ineledgeable for them to order based on allocation. Thanks for any other thoughts.

Today, a salesperson from a local FLM dealership (one that is different from the Ford-only dealership that I ordered a Fusion Hybrid at) called me and told me that he has a Fusion Hybrid in stock in case I am interested and tried to sell me on the $3,400 credit. After hearing the configuration (basically, it sounded like a base hybrid) I decided not to pursue it, although obviously, I might be passing up on $1,700 worth of credit...

Just got my update today. My Fusion is on transport and is in Roanoke, IN :bandance:

It shipped March 19th. So hopefully it will be here by the end of the month. :yahoo:

I wonder if I should wait to sit down and start the finance paperwork or not...