Toyota asking for Japan government loan

Critic

Reports: Toyota asking for Japan government loan

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../903030401/1148

Toyota has asked for a 200 billion yen ($2 billion) Japanese government loan, local media reports said Tuesday, as the world's top automaker projects its first yearly net loss in nearly six decades.

Lose 1.2 billion and then ask for a 2 billion loan..

Why can Ford lose an ungody amount in billions for years, but still not seek aid?

Because that is Japan, and the country values manufacturing and exporting.

From what I read, the American public is mostly against helping out the U.S. auto companies; some angry over the very idea. We seem to be eternally at odds with each other; making solutions fall victim to political ideology. This raises the question of whether Japan's public would support their politicians bailing out their own auto industry?

I'll be interested to see if:

a. The major media outlets report this at all

-and-

b. If the $2 billion is called a LOAN and not a BAILOUT, like GM and ChryCo have been characterized as taking.

of course its a bailout.

why would they get a loan when they have so much money in the bank

Last night on the news it said toyota is asking the japanese government for 2 billion dollars. As the clip showing a GM assembly line was over the anchor quiped, "well I guess that's all of them now, haha"

I almost kicked the tv, showing a GM clip and then not mentioning FORD IS NOT GETTING ANY MONEY???

Arrogant, misinformed pricks!

why would they get a loan when they have so much money in the bank

If you haven't looked at Toyota's financials lately, much of that "money in the bank" is gone. They have about as much, perhaps a bit more, available cash on hand now as Ford the last I saw.

I was wrong! :blink:

It's not so much that you were wrong.. It's the perception that Toyoda is constantly trying to impose on the media.

I'm surprised no one pointed out the 1 TRILLION amount in that article.

So let's face it, Japan is a small country without any natural resources and to grow they took on exporting product.

The took our Electronic business and tried to take the Auto business, but even they are getting hurt now from competition. The Koreans and Chinese. The Japanese have and will erect barriers against intrusion into their home markets.

Toyoda will say, No were not trying to be #1 worldwide, or It's NOT a recall, and people just glumly go along with it. And also people deep down inside will hate an interior but just because it has that toyoda name, think it's the cat's meow.

You weren't wrong by any means. Honda has now asked for a loan also, and you can believe that government will do everything and I mean everything up to nationalizing the companies if it means they still stay in business. Their will be such a slight whimper when they start to close up factories in this country.. it will be like a sneeze in the news. All done in the name of the companies bottom line.

No Defense budget to speak of, no real infrastructure to take care of like we have, everyone is gung-ho banzai to tow the US mentality against the rest of the world. I think a year from now we will be, as a country, in worse shape and I hope people start to think of the mom-and-pop store that is still left down the street, the companies that are still here and exactly what it does mean where you spend your money. Let's face it, once it leaves. it doesn't come back very well. And yet, their are always the counter-arguments.. well guess what.. the people that lived thru the last depression ( and I wanted to write about that NOW as we ARE in another one) Knew enough that they knew to support their fellow countrymen and cared about each other. Not like it is today where given the chance people want to tear-down any other worker but themselves.

It's a fight to the lowest common denominator and no one will win.

It's not so much that you were wrong.. It's the perception that Toyoda is constantly trying to impose on the media.

I'm surprised no one pointed out the 1 TRILLION amount in that article.

So let's face it, Japan is a small country without any natural resources and to grow they took on exporting product.

The took our Electronic business and tried to take the Auto business, but even they are getting hurt now from competition. The Koreans and Chinese. The Japanese have and will erect barriers against intrusion into their home markets.

Toyoda will say, No were not trying to be #1 worldwide, or It's NOT a recall, and people just glumly go along with it. And also people deep down inside will hate an interior but just because it has that toyoda name, think it's the cat's meow.

You weren't wrong by any means. Honda has now asked for a loan also, and you can believe that government will do everything and I mean everything up to nationalizing the companies if it means they still stay in business. Their will be such a slight whimper when they start to close up factories in this country.. it will be like a sneeze in the news. All done in the name of the companies bottom line.

No Defense budget to speak of, no real infrastructure to take care of like we have, everyone is gung-ho banzai to tow the US mentality against the rest of the world. I think a year from now we will be, as a country, in worse shape and I hope people start to think of the mom-and-pop store that is still left down the street, the companies that are still here and exactly what it does mean where you spend your money. Let's face it, once it leaves. it doesn't come back very well. And yet, their are always the counter-arguments.. well guess what.. the people that lived thru the last depression ( and I wanted to write about that NOW as we ARE in another one) Knew enough that they knew to support their fellow countrymen and cared about each other. Not like it is today where given the chance people want to tear-down any other worker but themselves.

I can picture all those executives over at Toyota jumping out of their windows in the near future! It'll make the kamikaze pilots in WWII look mild!

It would be a hilarious sight to see though! Oh, how the mighty are starting to fall like the paper tiger it truly is.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.