Ford New 6.7L Diesel.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/03/spied...ood-photos.html

Industry sources say the Scorpion has the same unconventional reverse flow intake and exhaust setup that was a hallmark of the GM 4.5-liter V-8. Airflow through the cylinder heads is reversed (relative to conventional diesel-engine design), with the exhaust exiting directly into dual sequential turbos sitting in the engine's valley.

The latest power targets are said to be more than 390 horsepower and 720 pounds-feet of torque. Today's Power Stroke diesel is rated at 350 hp and 650 pounds-feet.

Scorpion fuel economy is expected to improve by up to 3 mpg compared to the current Power Stroke. Helping the Scorpion's mileage will be a new six-speed automatic transmission

With it being built in-house, and in a third world country, I would hope not.

I certainly hope not...that 7k became a huge obstacle...the market for a 50k truck is smaller than a 45k truck....but the numbers are pretty impressive...still wish they would utilize the 4.4 in the Superduty's for those that dont need MEGA capacity towing capability...

I can't wait to see the aftermarket performance systems appear, with all manner of exotic through-the-hood add-ons, inluding the Ronco sandwich-maker for folks on the go. :)

How about a Showtime Rotisserie in a glass dome right in the middle of the hood above the exhaust. Someone get Popiel on the line.

The 4.4 delay is a disappointment, but it's the right decision. The Scorp is critical for the high-end Super-Duty market; the 4.4 is really nice to have, but there are functional substitutes like the 6.2 gas.

I wonder if the larger diesel handles the current US diesel emission regs better than the smaller 4.4, with less loss in torque? Delaying the 4.4 gives Ford more time to get it to work better with those regs.

The 4.4 delay is a disappointment, but it's the right decision. The Scorp is critical for the high-end Super-Duty market; the 4.4 is really nice to have, but there are functional substitutes like the 6.2 gas.

I wonder if the larger diesel handles the current US diesel emission regs better than the smaller 4.4, with less loss in torque? Delaying the 4.4 gives Ford more time to get it to work better with those regs.

I don't think per say there are any "problems" I beleive the delay of the 4.4 may be just a fiscal decision......