Chevrolet's Camaro convertible delayed, Z28 facing cancellation

TomServo92

Probably for the best. I'm still scratching my head as to why GM decided to give its highest-performing Camaro the Z28 moniker instead of SS.

Seriously, those are two labels that should never have been switched. SS is supposed to be top-shelf, bar none.

Z/28 was the top dog when the car was introduced. The only time the SS model was a higher-performing version than Z/28 was in the 3rd generation.

Z/28 was the top dog when the car was introduced. The only time the SS model was a higher-performing version than Z/28 was in the 3rd generation.

I think the SS would be more fitting. It's been worn on performance Chevys across the board for years. Everything from the Chevelle to the Cobalt.

IMO.

I think the SS would be more fitting. It's been worn on performance Chevys across the board for years. Everything from the Chevelle to the Cobalt.

IMO.

Z/28 has been used on the Camaro more consistently than the SS moniker though. The fact that "SS" now adorns vehicles like the HHR and Cobalt should be reason enough not to make it "top dog" on the Camaro.

Z/28 has been used on the Camaro more consistently than the SS moniker though. The fact that "SS" now adorns vehicles like the HHR and Cobalt should be reason enough not to make it "top dog" on the Camaro.

Yeah, but SS has adorned more cars as the top dog. Great cars, too. Lets not dismiss the Chevelles, Malibus, and even the third gen Camaros because of the PT-HHR.

Maybe the could call it the "eXtreme", after those amazing S-10s of the 90s! :hysterical:

Maybe the could call it the "eXtreme", after those amazing S-10s of the 90s! :hysterical:

Had a kid rear end my Lincoln LS in one of those plastic monstrosities. I had started to pull out into traffic when a car came flying around the curve so I slammed on the brakes. Kid behind me saw me pull out, probably started moving while looking left for traffic and didn't see me stop. I did feel bad for him. I had four tiny rub marks on my bumper cover (not even scratched). His plastic grille was in about 20 pieces in the road.

I thought they canceled the Z28 last summer?

What was it going to have, anyway, the Z06 engine? (I can't keep all the Chevy alphanumeric engine designations straight--LS3, LS6, LS7, LSD?)

I believe it was gonna have the ZR-1 engine...

Was being the keyword. :stirpot:

Edited by chiefstang