How Toyota Handles A Recall

ANTAUS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we ever had anyone from Ford post on here addressing customer complaints and concerns?

While it goes to show you that no matter what the badge maybe on the hood, there is always the potential for a defect. Anyone that hides behind the myth of 'flawless quality' is bound to be upset down the road. With that said I think it's great that someone from Toyota offered some sort of help/resolution even if it was some sort of a canned response.

I imagine Toyota will address the issue and this is likely to be one of the last times you read about it. I have said for many, many years that Toyotas have issues, but they tend to fix them. I checked Toyotanation and read most of the big forum concerning the 2007 Camry issues. Sounds like they have a problem for sure.

But, I also expect it will be fixed for the limited number of vehicles produced with the problem. Unlike Ford, they won't necessarily blame the customer first, make the customer prove what is wrong, deal with a company engineer and wait forever with some kind of lowly transportation replacement during the process.

Toyota tends to take care of their customers. I think that is why they are so successful, not so much that the products are that much superior. There are always a certain number of customers that hate their dealers, but as a manufacturer - Toyota tends to stand behind their product.

How USA Today handles a recall:

Buried in the second section, extreme bottom of the left column...

"Briefly....

Toyota urges owners of 200 Camry V-6 owners to bring their cars in for repairs if they are having trouble with the six-speed automatic transmission."

Thats it. No mention of the "recall" word.

Unlike Ford, they won't necessarily blame the customer first, make the customer prove what is wrong, deal with a company engineer and wait forever with some kind of lowly transportation replacement during the process.

You must not remember the engine sludge problem where Toyota blamed the customer for poor maintenance until they were forced to acknowledge the problem and fix it.

You must not remember the engine sludge problem where Toyota blamed the customer for poor maintenance until they were forced to acknowledge the problem and fix it.

Also, Honda insisting that CR-Vs are burning due to improper maintenance by the owners......I wish I had that picture range loves to post...

Also, Honda insisting that CR-Vs are burning due to improper maintenance by the owners......I wish I had that picture range loves to post...
It is due to improper maintainance. If you put the filter on correctly, it's no problem. There is no evidence to the contrary and if there is, don't post the stupid Range picture, come with some facts instead.

It is due to improper maintainance. If you put the filter on correctly, it's no problem. There is no evidence to the contrary and if there is, don't post the stupid Range picture, come with some facts instead.

A CRV gets a death penalty for an incorrectly installed filter? WOW!

A CRV gets a death penalty for an incorrectly installed filter? WOW!
Same thing would happen on my 1997 Taurus with the Vulcan. Many fires reported out on the NHSTA about this, and it applies to many other cars with OIL FILTERS. Seems like this is the only place where certain members of the bullheaded Ford contingent can't seem to get it through their thick heads. All told, out of all of the 2002-2006 CR-V's produced, there have been less than 200 cases of the fire and no deaths or injuries. Most of these were the 2002's and early 2003's. If you want any more specifics, just type "CR-V" in a forum search as we have rode this horse too many times.

But I am sure Mr. Range will be along shortly with his cute pic. Suffice to say, the CR-V that my wife drives hasn't done that yet and I am sure it won't. See, the guy that changes the filter is pretty damn qualified.

Edited by bec5150

Sounds kinda like the Explorer/Firestone issue to me. People love to blow things out of proportion. :doh:
Agreed. I have yet to see any cases of the Explorer/Firestone issue when the tires were inflated over 30PSI. I always said Ford got a raw deal on the tire situation.

Same thing would happen on my 1997 Taurus with the Vulcan. Many fires reported out on the NHSTA about this, and it applies to many other cars with OIL FILTERS. Seems like this is the only place where certain members of the bullheaded Ford contingent can't seem to get it through their thick heads. All told, out of all of the 2002-2006 CR-V's produced, there have been less than 200 cases of the fire and no deaths or injuries. Most of these were the 2002's and early 2003's. If you want any more specifics, just type "CR-V" in a forum search as we have rode this horse too many times.

But I am sure Mr. Range will be along shortly with his cute pic. Suffice to say, the CR-V that my wife drives hasn't done that yet and I am sure it won't. See, the guy that changes the filter is pretty damn qualified.

I was making a joke. But, as a member of the BFCOA (Bullheaded Ford Contingent of America), I take offense to your remarks. :hysterical:

Seriously, this is the BlueOvalForums. If us fellow BFCOA members can't bash Honda & Toyota here, then where can we?

If your statement wasn't serious, then accept my apologies. I just get kinda irritated when I hear how bad the CR-V is when the NHTSA has a grand total of THREE complaints related to fire for all of 2003. THREE.

Edited by bec5150

If your statement wasn't serious, then accept my apologies. I just get kinda irritated when I hear how bad the CR-V is when the NHTSA has a grand total of THREE complaints related to fire for all of 2003. THREE.

Wow, talk about total spin.....only three reports of this problem?

L_IMAGE.fac4e2432c.93.88.fa.80.2e1d4d07b.jpg:extinguish:

NHTSA has a lot more than three reports :extinguish: The records Honda was forced to turn over to the Government duing the multiple investigations tells the true picture of the scope of the problem as well as the design changes made by Honda that led to this problem.

Edited by range

Wow, talk about total spin.....only three reports of this problem?

NHTSA has a lot more than three reports :extinguish: The records Honda was forced to turn over to the Government duing the multiple investigations tells the true picture of the scope of the problem as well as the design changes made by Honda that led to this problem.

Naturally, none of this would be posted on the NHTSA site. Guess they must have been bought out by the Japanese govt.

mmmm....

Glad to see your mama let you back on the computer, Range...

I'm just loving these new smileys lately... :happy feet: The one with the fire extinguisher is right on target for this argument!

But you know, Toyota is in the payota payola business when it comes to the news media and recalls! Hush money from big business always trumps the truth in this case. Since the ignorant American consumer can't think for themselves anyway. They aren't missing a thing right?

FUCK TOYOTA AND FUCK THE LIBERAL NEWS MEDIA!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

You can put a filter on improperly on most vehicles and all you'll get is a leak.

Honda pr people like you aren't fooling anyone. :finger: