Mkz and Milan

I dunno if I like the green on the Milan Hybrid on the Mercury website.

Atlantis Green: and the hybrid is complete, only one package 300A = $31,300 Net. That's the price for all of them. Add the Pearl White and it jumps to $31795.

Anyways, better order now. Only 25,000 per year and dang it, didn't a special Hybrid tax incentive just drop off last month?

Atlantis Green: and the hybrid is complete, only one package 300A = $31,300 Net. That's the price for all of them. Add the Pearl White and it jumps to $31795.

Anyways, better order now. Only 25,000 per year and dang it, didn't a special Hybrid tax incentive just drop off last month?

Yeah, I think Ford's tax credit (it's only on a set # of hybrids) expires soon.

I just saw the commercial today. What bugs me, is in the Milan and Fusion commercial, they don't boast about its new technology and absolutely superior fuel economy. Ford needs to state how much better it is than the competition...and they aren't doing that. Ford needs to stop playing around and make some good commercials...because without good advertising, a good product doesn't sell well.

Regarding the song... people seem to love it. I found out that it is a cover by Shiny Toy Guns. I Googled it and people seem to be responding to the ad. I guess this is good marketing for the MKZ but I'm not sure if it is reaching the right demographic. Loved the ad, it could have gone on for another 30 secs or 1 min or, oh hell, another 5 minutes and I would still watch it.

Edit: Ad is fantastic here: Shiny Toy Guns "Major Tom-MKZ"

Edited by Keoni

Regarding the song... people seem to love it. I found out that it is a cover by Shiny Toy Guns. I Googled it and people seem to be responding to the ad. I guess this is good marketing for the MKZ but I'm not sure if it is reaching the right demographic. Loved the ad, it could have gone on for another 30 secs or 1 min or, oh hell, another 5 minutes and I would still watch it.

Edit: Ad is fantastic here: Shiny Toy Guns "Major Tom-MKZ"

Any and everything that brings in a much younger demographic is welcome. Remember that a lot of people won't touch Lincoln because of what it stands for (insert typical Town Car buyer here).

Isn't Peter Schilling's song officially titled Major Tom and known as 'Coming Home' in the same way that Bowie's Space Oddity is known as 'Major Tom'? Thus making 'Major Tom' one of the most confusing song references out there?

Could be.....I think you may be right.

For example, on the MKZ ad title on YouTube, it says Major Tom (Coming Home).

Isn't Peter Schilling's song officially titled Major Tom and known as 'Coming Home' in the same way that Bowie's Space Oddity is known as 'Major Tom'? Thus making 'Major Tom' one of the most confusing song references out there?

I believe that Bowie's is Space Oddity with Major Tom as a "character" in the song. Peter Schilling's is Major Tom (Coming Home) which is a continuation of the Space Oddity story line. Same story universe, different authors.