2011 edge spied again

The snout is definitely longer. I wonder if that is to make room for the Ecoboost :stirpot: ? I could only imagine if it is going to be Ecoboosted that it's only AWD, because FWD in it's current form is a handful. For shits and giggles today, I took traction control off and hammered the throttle from a dead stop and smoked first and second gear. I was amused, so now a MagnaFlow cat back and a SCT programmer custom tuned by Evolution Performance (the guys who have the first GT500 in the 7's) are on order, this could be fun :devil: .

The snout is definitely longer. I wonder if that is to make room for the Ecoboost :stirpot: ? I could only imagine if it is going to be Ecoboosted that it's only AWD, because FWD in it's current form is a handful. For shits and giggles today, I took traction control off and hammered the throttle from a dead stop and smoked first and second gear. I was amused, so now a MagnaFlow cat back and a SCT programmer custom tuned by Evolution Performance (the guys who have the first GT500 in the 7's) are on order, this could be fun :devil: .

mmmmm imagine... a lowered edge with 350 hp, awd, and select shift. that would be a hot little cuv :stirpot:

Looks like it's going to have a bigger and/or more open grille. EcoBoost will be awesome if Ford makes it available. If nothing else changes, let's hope the old interior gets the heave-ho with its acres of shapeless, hard plastic. I hope they replace it with something like the Flex's top-notch interior.

looks like its getting similar lights to the new taurus. just me or does it look like the rear turn signal has an amber bulb? (last picture)

Yes, I noticed that too (both Taurus style lights and the amber bulb). They don't appear to be LED taillights, though.

Looks like it's going to have a bigger and/or more open grille. EcoBoost will be awesome if Ford makes it available. If nothing else changes, let's hope the old interior gets the heave-ho with its acres of shapeless, hard plastic. I hope they replace it with something like the Flex's top-notch interior.

I'm hoping that too.....I feel it's likely, though, or we'll at least see improved materials with a slightly different look, ala Fusion.

Looks like the fender flares have survived! :happy feet:

On a down note, I hope that's just a carry-over door just on this pre-production car or else the fugly non-integrated number pad is sticking around through this refresh. :(

I remember reading something that said the door had to be redesigned (or something like that) to integrate the new keypad, so that it wouldn't show up on MCE'd models - only on completely redesigned models. Unfortunate, yes, but I suppose Ford didn't wanna put up the money to redesign the doors.

Edited by rmc523

On a down note, I hope that's just a carry-over door just on this pre-production car or else the fugly non-integrated number pad is sticking around through this refresh. :(

I noticed that too.

I remember reading something that said the door had to be redesigned (or something like that) to integrate the new keypad, so that it wouldn't show up on MCE'd models - only on completely redesigned. Unfortunate, yes, but I suppose Ford didn't wanna put up the money to redesign the doors.

I was thinking that was the reason.

What is with the obsession with the keypad and how it looks? Nobody else offers it, I love mine and use it all the time and could care less what it looks like. I would think Ford can spend money on a lot of other things besides worrying about what a keypad looks like, although the new design is nice.

Edited by twmalonehunter

What is with the obsession with the keypad and how it looks? Nobody else offers it, I love mine and use it all the time and could care less what it looks like. I would think Ford can spend money on a lot of other things besides worrying about what a keypad looks like, although the new design is nice.

It's about the total package. It looks very well integrated (IMHO) on the F150's. However, on some vehicles, it just looks like a tacked-on afterthought. The new style, such as on the Flex, MKS, '10 Taurus, etc., looks much more integrated and finished, like the vehicle was intended to have it there. Having the better fit and finish everywhere just makes the entire vehicle have a much more upscale feel to it.

It's about the total package. It looks very well integrated (IMHO) on the F150's. However, on some vehicles, it just looks like a tacked-on afterthought. The new style, such as on the Flex, MKS, '10 Taurus, etc., looks much more integrated and finished, like the vehicle was intended to have it there. Having the better fit and finish everywhere just makes the entire vehicle have a much more upscale feel to it.

Point taken. Hopefuelly I will have a 2010 SHO in the driveway this fall, so the new style will be welcomed.

I agree about nobody offering it, but see comments below...

As you said, it looks well integrated on F-150s, and even the Expedition and Navigator how it's recessed into/included in the beltline trim. That said, the new design takes the cake, IMO, since you can't even tell it's there when it's not being used, but I'm not opposed to normal buttons if it's well integrated like the above examples.

If this gets ecoboost I hope it wont have more Hp than the MKX.

If Edge gets and EcoBoost engine (which I'm sure it will), I have no doubt the MKX will get one. I also see the MKX moving to the 3.7 as standard over the 3.5.

Edited by rmc523

Exactly. The older design looks like some cheap stick-on pad you'd pick up at your local Pep Boys. I recall even the keypad on our old '93 Taurus looked better and more integrated than some of the ones Ford is using now like on the Fusion and Edge.

Exactly. The older design looks like some cheap stick-on pad you'd pick up at your local Pep Boys. I recall even the keypad on our old '93 Taurus looked better and more integrated than some of the ones Ford is using now like on the Fusion and Edge.

I was on the Ford Canada site and in the build and price section, there is the Ford Accessories section which has the keyless pad available for your model which doesn't have it (S or SE vs. SEL/S). It looks like a cheap add-on opposed to the newer ones. My point is looking at the photos of the Edge prototype, that's what it looks like to me.

I was on the Ford Canada site and in the build and price section, there is the Ford Accessories section which has the keyless pad available for your model which doesn't have it (S or SE vs. SEL/S). It looks like a cheap add-on opposed to the newer ones. My point is looking at the photos of the Edge prototype, that's what it looks like to me.

Well, the factory-ordered one isn't quite as bad as the Ford aftermarket one, but it's close. I'm pretty sure they are still two different setups. They used to be.