• 4 weeks later...
Crown Victoria offers everything you want in a large sedan: smooth ride, room, comfort, V-8 power, rear wheel drive and 5-star safety. Crown Victoria's safety, size, and dependability provide customers with piece of mind and the knowledge they made a smart decision.

Shame they couldn't have ever ran a commercial with that in it, toss in "only sedan tested for 75 MPH rear crashes" and they mighta sold a few more. :banghead:

Shame they couldn't have ever ran a commercial with that in it, toss in "only sedan tested for 75 MPH rear crashes" and they mighta sold a few more. :banghead:

It wouldn't sound as sexy to have Jill state that fact and then state, "You got to put Mercury on your list."

Or maybe it's too sexy for the grandpas who might be watching the ad. ;)

Does anybody here recall the commercial in 1992 when Ford ran a commercial showing a woman in her 30's driving a White 92 Crown Vic and Ford was showing all the advantages of owning a Crown Vic...The commerical also added you don't have to be arresting to own one...I thought that was a great commercial..Why they they never ran it after 92 bafles me.

Also until 2003 South Florida ran a commercial showning Ben Stein riding around in a Grand Marquis saying it was the biggest selling in car in South Florida 8 years in a row...That commercial ended in 03..I though that was a good commercial also.

Those were the only 2 commercials I didn't hit the mute button on.

Edited by MIAMI-DADE

It wouldn't sound as sexy to have Jill state that fact and then state, "You got to put Mercury on your list."

Or maybe it's too sexy for the grandpas who might be watching the ad. ;)

That would be why she doesn't do any GMQ commercials. Because they'd sell a whole lot more merely on the fact that guys would love to make out with her in that spacious back seat!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Interesting to note the "new for 2010" 65C option on the Town Car.....the Continental edition.....things that make you go hmmmmmm

My guess is the Continental name had to be used to preserve their trademark rights.

Its also very funny if you think about the past use of these names....the Continental was the original name of the full-size Lincoln in the 60's and 70's. The Town Car was offered as a trim package at various times and then finally the Continental moved to the mid-size offering in 1982, leaving the Town Car name for the full-size model, and now 26+ years later, the Continental appears as a trim on the Town Car!

• 3 weeks later...