Just got our first 2010 Stangs!!!

chiefstang

Our store just got our first 2010 Mustangs off the truck today. We received a Grabber Blue V6, and a Kona Blue GT Premium with the 3.73:1 axle. The Kona Blue in person is flat out amazing. It has a hint of violet that really sets it off. Think of a really dark Sonic Blue.

The interior is amazing. This was my first chance to sit in one, as our local car show had it locked. The fit and finish is great, and the ambient lighting included with the GT Premium is a sight to behold! It lights up the whole interior of the car, and the MyColor guages are now two-tone, and you can pick both colors. It's like a Pink Floyd show in the cockpit. VERY nice lookin'! There are plenty of neat details to be found as well: The vanity mirror covers are the same exact shape as the hood. The center console locks, looks great, and feels great rowing through the gears.

I didn't really get to drive it too much before it was tucked in the showroom, but in taking it down the road, I can tell you this: It sounds awesome. Way nicer than the current GT. The sound piping from the engine is real muted at cruising RPMs, but dip into the throttle and a roar builds right under your feet.

All in all, I fell in love with the new Mustang today. After being unsure of the changes in pictures, and having only seen the Grabber Blue (Which I hate.) at the auto show, I wasn't sure how it would grow on me. It didn't take long. All I needed was the right trim and the right color.

The car is FANTASTIC!!! :rockon:

P.S. It was kind of ironic that when I drove it down the street, I passed a 2010 Camaro going the other direction. It was the dealer across the street's first one as well. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty badass summer!!! :burnout:

Edited by chiefstang

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Great News,

My local dealer told me they were ordering one for stock, and said they would be glad to order one exactly as I wanted. It was very tempting. It will be several more months before I am ready to purchase.(Got to payoff the Superduty first :banghead: ) I could not stand the thought of having someone else test driving, or buying what will be "My Mustang"

As soon as they get one in, I will be driving it !!! :hysterical:

I am with you on the Blue colors Chiefstang. The Grabber Blue is nasty. Yet, I have seen several of this color advertised on Ebay. It seems to be a popular color for the dealer to stock.

I seen the Kona Blue on a GT 500 at the Chicago Auto Show. It is gorgeous. That said, I am Red fan and I am still not sure if I will end up with Torch Red or Candy Apple Red.

Any pictures of the two you have in stock? :shades:

Our store just got our first 2010 Mustangs off the truck today. We received a Grabber Blue V6, and a Kona Blue GT Premium with the 3.73:1 axle. The Kona Blue in person is flat out amazing. It has a hint of violet that really sets it off. Think of a really dark Sonic Blue.

The interior is amazing. This was my first chance to sit in one, as our local car show had it locked. The fit and finish is great, and the ambient lighting included with the GT Premium is a sight to behold! It lights up the whole interior of the car, and the MyColor guages are now two-tone, and you can pick both colors. It's like a Pink Floyd show in the cockpit. VERY nice lookin'! There are plenty of neat details to be found as well: The vanity mirror covers are the same exact shape as the hood. The center console locks, looks great, and feels great rowing through the gears.

I didn't really get to drive it too much before it was tucked in the showroom, but in taking it down the road, I can tell you this: It sounds awesome. Way nicer than the current GT. The sound piping from the engine is real muted at cruising RPMs, but dip into the throttle and a roar builds right under your feet.

All in all, I fell in love with the new Mustang today. After being unsure of the changes in pictures, and having only seen the Grabber Blue (Which I hate.) at the auto show, I wasn't sure how it would grow on me. It didn't take long. All I needed was the right trim and the right color.

P.S. It was kind of ironic that when I drove it down the street, I passed a 2010 Camaro going the other direction. It was the dealer across the street's first one as well. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty badass summer!!! :burnout:

Congrat's on getting your first 2010 Mustangs! We got our first 2010 Mustang GT a couple of weeks ago but are still waiting for the plant to ship our 2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe which was built about 6 weeks ago. I also have a 2010 Mustang GT Coupe (White w/Red Leather) that was released from the plant on April 22nd but still sitting at the plant. Ford's response to my inquiry was that there's a "hold" on the vehicle but they can't tell me why or when the vehicle will be shipped. GRRR! We have three more 2010's in the plant right now which will hopefully get shipped out soon!

Was it on a flat bed truck?

I saw one on the street a couple of days ago, mixed feelings.

The black rear part is supposed to be recessed to look right, I'm disappointed guys (Ford designers).

AU6.jpg

The front works - for me.

AU7.jpg

AU8.jpg

Nasty color combination.

I don't like that black rear panel, either.

Nasty meaning the red and black in the front?

I don't like the side c-scoop.

Edited by rmc523

I don't like that black rear panel, either.

Nasty meaning the red and black in the front?

I don't like the side c-scoop.

1. I don't like that shade of red.

2. I don't think I will like the black panel (gas cap area) on any color Mustang.

3. Yep, that side scoop is very tacky.

The silver glass top Mustang I spotted a few weeks ago was smok'n hot in my opinion.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=31717

Edited by kach22i

2. I don't think I will like the black panel (gas cap area) on any color Mustang.

The silver glass top Mustang I spotted a few weeks ago was smok'n hot in my opinion.

1. Ah, I see.....I'm not a big red person at all.

2. Same

And yeah, that silver one does look great......I like how the black (glass) roof kinda ties in with the black grille......but NO black rear panels!!!

1. Ah, I see.....I'm not a big red person at all.

I'm picky about my reds. All the orange reds I call fake reds. All the burnt reds with metalic flake remind me too much of my old 1985 Diesel VW Golf in a bad way.

A classic retro - true red is great, but the designer must plan for it so that the tail lights do not melt into it.

Candy apple red only looks good on a few hot rods / street rods, looks pretty funny on a Porsche for instance (I seen/know of one).

I like maroon, but must be dark rich and non-metalic. The new Camaro has a nice maroon out, but they also have an awful teal I bet just to piss me off. :doh:

I bet an all black Mustang with glass roof is down right evil looking, I have not seen one yet but want to.

Edited by kach22i

The black panel and side scoops are part of an optional appearance package. You don't have to get them on the car. They have a few packages with various combinations of scoops, louvers, spoilers, blackouts, and stripes right from the factory. The rear quarter window louvers from Ford look really sharp.

Question: Are those really zebra print seat covers on your F-150?

Busted....

Edited by chiefstang