Ford to Invest $400 Million In Wayne Plant

i wonder why they never mentioned the 300-500 people that are gonna be out of a job come june? anyway im glad to see and hear they are finally getting off there asses and getting this show on the road. they got a nice area all cleaned up and tables and fancy clothes all setup for out wonderful gov and her friends, will be a real dog and pony show tomm.

It'll be real interesting to see how much of the 400 million construction budget, the laid off tradesmen get. I'm guessing none of it. But maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Why pay capable laid off Ford tradesman $30 an hour, when you could pay outside contractors $50 an hour?

Why? Because, laid off Ford tradesman don't offer kick backs, or Redwing tickets. We just complete the job, on time, with no warranty work.

Why overpay, for people that have no vested interest in the company at all? Because the other half offers no free Redwing tickets or meal tickets.

Just leave it all up to to the overpaid outside contractors.

It'll be real interesting to see how much of the 400 million construction budget, the laid off tradesmen get. I'm guessing none of it. But maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Why pay capable laid off Ford tradesman $30 an hour, when you could pay outside contractors $50 an hour?

Why? Because, laid off Ford tradesman don't offer kick backs, or Redwing tickets. We just complete the job, on time, with no warranty work.

Why overpay, for people that have no vested interest in the company at all? Because the other half offers no free Redwing tickets or meal tickets.

how many laid off trades people are there from local 900?

Thats what they do now! God forbid that REAL Ford people would actually benefit from the construction aspect of a new investment! I guess they would rather pay contractors who will drive their foriegn cars to the plant for a year while Ford people are on TLO! Did I mention while on TLO we will not be runnin to a Ford dealer to buy any new car or truck either! Hell they might get the one I have now back cause I cant afford it!

That is one reason Ford contracts work out but I think a bigger reason is lower and mid level management is incompetent and the bosses in the glass house do not want to be responsible for the problems that their managers cause.

If Ford really wanted to improve efficiency and cost, they would negotiate lead people in every trade and cut out all of the trades bosses up to area manager. Granted there are a few supervisors that do an ok job but most really dont have a concept of the work. If the tradesmen were empowered I am sure the plants would run more efficiently.

Maybe this will end the speculation of the future of WAP

This is just new on what we already knew. Focus is moving next door to the old Michigan Truck Plant. So that promise of 2 new products to MTP, one is the Focus which is already run next door at Wayne and Wayne will be closed.

This may sound crazy but you heard it here first. WAP will not only build the focus but they will also be given the replacement for the Ford Escape in 2013. This vehicle will be the ford KUGA. Sorry LAP looks like the KUGA will be going to WAP (sure wish they would leave it at KCAP). The Transit will go to KCAP (wish they would send it to LAP) and not sure what product that leaves for LAP. Maybe they have some top secret vehicle in the pipeline that Ol' Ronnie-boy helped develope. That or they are going to say goodbye to LAP after Ol' Ronnie-boy retires next year. I don't want any plant to close but something has to give with the current market vs the plant capacity.

This may sound crazy but you heard it here first. WAP will not only build the focus but they will also be given the replacement for the Ford Escape in 2013. This vehicle will be the ford KUGA. Sorry LAP looks like the KUGA will be going to WAP (sure wish they would leave it at KCAP). The Transit will go to KCAP (wish they would send it to LAP) and not sure what product that leaves for LAP. Maybe they have some top secret vehicle in the pipeline that Ol' Ronnie-boy helped develope. That or they are going to say goodbye to LAP after Ol' Ronnie-boy retires next year. I don't want any plant to close but something has to give with the current market vs the plant capacity.

there's gonna be all kinds of models on this platform, you're talking pure speculation

WAP?? they are not building the Focus MAP is.. all that I hear is WAP will be used in the production of Electric models.. and I have heard rumors of the Escape or equivalent quite a while back being built along side the Focus.

and isnt Avon Lake getting the transit?

WAP?? they are not building the Focus MAP is.. all that I hear is WAP will be used in the production of Electric models.. and I have heard rumors of the Escape or equivalent quite a while back being built along side the Focus.

and isnt Avon Lake getting the transit?

there's 2 transit models, Avon Lake is suppose to get the bigger transit. As far as I know of the Kuga, could be Kansas or may Wap, which is Map now. All this is speculation and anything could change.

A little off topic but there was an analyst on Fox 2 news this morning that said that Ford would not only survive this economic downturn but that in a few years they would emerge as the biggest Ford than in the last 50 years. That's one analyst for what its worth. I like hearing that kind of stuff anyway.

A little off topic but there was an analyst on Fox 2 news this morning that said that Ford would not only survive this economic downturn but that in a few years they would emerge as the biggest Ford than in the last 50 years. That's one analyst for what its worth. I like hearing that kind of stuff anyway.

I'm just a peon but I agree with this analyst.

Maybe you should read the article a little more carefully. Nothing in the article about WAP building anything after the current Focus.

The Wayne stamping plant is getting retooled for the new Focus,that is being assembled at the new MAP.

It has already reported in this topic and others about Lap's retool dates. Everyting else is pure speculation and rumours.