Camaro SS totalled by Ford Escape

Well.....ah.....it certainly held up/together well! :hysterical::hysterical:

They forgot to mention this occured at a street light when the Escape slowly nudged up a bit too much....

Seriously, though, I'd like to see pictures of the Escape.

Edited by rmc523

Probably why they're adding the extra shift at Oshawa.

They'll go back to normal after they build this guy's replacement car.

Sounds realistic......[/sarcasm].....then again, it is GM... :lol:

Edited by rmc523

I sure hope the insurance co. makes him whole. I wonder what the depriciation is on a 20 hour old Camaro SS??

He better prepare for a big fight from his insurance company.

I had a 30 day old Explorer lost to a house fire. The insurance company tried to say it was worth about $9,000 less than when I bought it new.

Yes exactly, I've heard of other instances where cars are totalled 2 days after purchase etc and the insurance co. payment won't even pay off the loan. Talk about harsh luck.

Yeesh. Most of the bigger insurance companies now have some sort of new vehicle replacement program. I know mine does.

I would love to see the Escape...

My mom was in an accident in her '06 Escape last week - head on with an old Caprice being driven by an illegal with no drivers license / insurance. They were both going about 45 mph when he ran a red light and creamed her head on (she was preparing to turn left). The front end of the Escape is gone, but she walked away. The engine would even still turn over, but reacted like the throttle was stuck open.

Looking at the Escape, you'd never know the severity of the accident. I wouldn't be surprised if the Escape in this accident looks about the same.

Ouch...how much was Blue book on it?

Don't know, but the sticker said $38,000. I only paid about $32,500 because of A-plan and a trade-in, but they only offered me a little over $29,000 to replace it. After about a month of arguing about it, he finally gave up trying to screw me and they finally replaced it.

Don't know, but the sticker said $38,000. I only paid about $32,500 because of A-plan and a trade-in, but they only offered me a little over $29,000 to replace it. After about a month of arguing about it, he finally gave up trying to screw me and they finally replaced it.

The hell you say? You arguing with someone until they finally cave in just to shut you up? Unbelievable...

:hysterical:

Pioneer,

In the words of Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest...."never give up, never surrender"

along those lines...I was involved in a fender bender back in Feb and I am now taking the owners to small clains....seems their insurance company wants to assign 10% blame on me even though the jackass kid driving mommies Civic got a ticket for unsafe backing into the roadway striking my car.....the 10% is for being on the roadway......

Pioneer,

In the words of Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest...."never give up, never surrender"

along those lines...I was involved in a fender bender back in Feb and I am now taking the owners to small clains....seems their insurance company wants to assign 10% blame on me even though the jackass kid driving mommies Civic got a ticket for unsafe backing into the roadway striking my car.....the 10% is for being on the roadway......

You win some, you lose some. I was making a left turn. and I was out in traffic waiting for the on-coming traffic to clear, so I could turn. Then the lights all turned red. I was about to begin my turn, when I saw one car was not going to stop. and I put on my brakes and waited. The Light was red, but the car just kept a straight line and ended up side-swiping me. I put it in park and waited for a policeman.

The mother of the learner's permit driver came to me and wanted to talk, I said Nothing. The policeman told me, it was the learner's permit fault, and I agreed because there was no attempt on her part to avoid the accident at all. Point of law there, you are legally required to also try to avoid an accident if at all possible. All she had to do was move just a little to her right, as I was planted.

Ended up, MY insurance took over on the accident and said I was partly to blame also for trying to make the turn to begin with. Pissed, you betcha, but I hadn't had an accident for a very long time before that nor after it either. I argued what the policeman said, but they didn't care, I guess.

I don't think my rates went up because of it. The kid should have had a blackmark for it anyways.

Well.....ah.....it certainly held up/together well! :hysterical::hysterical:

They forgot to mention this occured at a street light when the Escape slowly nudged up a bit too much....

Seriously, though, I'd like to see pictures of the Escape.

The guys photobucket album:

link

The Escape's front end seems to have weathered the bump slightly better than the rear of the Camaro.

From reading the Camaro5.com thread, I'd have to guess the Camaro got spun into a light pole after it bounced off the Escape. That might've caused the more severe damage.

Pioneer,

Jason Nesmith: As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender.

Gwen DeMarco: Fred, you had a part people loved. I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. No one bothered to ask me what I do on the show.

Fred Kwan: You were... umm, wait...

Gwen DeMarco: I repeated the computer, Fred.

Very funny movie

my insurance uses ACV for their totals. Id LOVE to see them go look up ACV for this car, find a ton of dealer ones with high ADMs on them and have to shell out more than sticker for one :D

When my Ranger got totalled, i actually got more for it than i expected. all said and done i got around $11,400 for a truck i used for 3 years that only had a cash price of $12,600 on when i bought it.

The guys photobucket album:

link

The Escape's front end seems to have weathered the bump slightly better than the rear of the Camaro.

From reading the Camaro5.com thread, I'd have to guess the Camaro got spun into a light pole after it bounced off the Escape. That might've caused the more severe damage.

The Escape's grille is even still intact....