How to clear out plants and hire 2nd tier employees

DrX

Ford Management if you really want to hire second tier employees, CHANGE THE CONTRACT SO YOU CAN GET RID OF THE ELDERLY EMPLOYEES THAT ARE SLOWING DOWN YOUR PLANTS. Change the contract so you can force people to leave at 65 or 67. Or better yet 30 and out. THE US GOVERMENT forces people to retire you should too.

Ford Management if you really want to hire second tier employees, CHANGE THE CONTRACT SO YOU CAN GET RID OF THE ELDERLY EMPLOYEES THAT ARE SLOWING DOWN YOUR PLANTS. Change the contract so you can force people to leave at 65 or 67. Or better yet 30 and out. THE US GOVERMENT forces people to retire you should too.

Does anyone at this guy's plant have the time during the next break to shit in his lunch box?

I knew people that had brothers like that. You can never turn your back on pricks like that.

it really is a shame that so many think brotherhood is great as long as they don't actually have to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of another.

Does anyone at this guy's plant have the time during the next break to shit in his lunch box?

Let me know what plant and who, I am sure we can teach X some brotherly love the hard way. Please do not let this dumb ass who is probably a 2004 seniority employee stake claim he represents most hourly workers......he definitely does not represent my views.

Edited by lquidspine

This is wrong on so many levels DrX but here is the reason it will never happen Age discrimination laws, do you think the UAW or Ford are going to open themselves up to easily winnable lawsuits ?

If a person is not capable (physically) of performing a particular task, he/she should be moved to another or retire, BUT...........

Give me an older guy who'll put out three perfect widgets every hour, than a young buck who'll put out three good and one bad, any day.

You need to learn respect for the abilities (particularly the wisdom and experience) of elders.

Just a question. When I hired in, the higher seniority people that I worked with talked about in the 80's that Ford did force out 30+ year people and that it was within the companies right contractually. Did that really happen? Obviously I wasn't around then and I don't personally know anyone that happened to. Do any of you know anything about that time frame and what happened, or were they blowing smoke up my a$$? I'm not advocating anything one way or the other, just curious about what happened then.

Just a question. When I hired in, the higher seniority people that I worked with talked about in the 80's that Ford did force out 30+ year people and that it was within the companies right contractually. Did that really happen? Obviously I wasn't around then and I don't personally know anyone that happened to. Do any of you know anything about that time frame and what happened, or were they blowing smoke up my a$$? I'm not advocating anything one way or the other, just curious about what happened then.

Yep. Thats alot of smoke. Been there.... it sure didnt happen in the late 70's or any of the 80's.