Obama Favoritism?

LSFan00

Link. Couldn't be...besides, it might be better for Non-FoO to be done with Chrysler now.

Consider the partial list of Chrysler dealership owners, listed below. You’ll notice that all were opponents of Barack Obama, most through sponsorship of GOP candidates and organizations, but a handful through Barack’s Democrat rivals (Hillary Clinton and John Edwards in 2008, for example).

• Vernon G. Buchanan: $147,450 to GOP candidates and organizations

• Wallace D. Alley and Family: $4,500 to GOP.

• Robert Archer: $4,600 to GOP and conservative causes.

• Homer S. Higginbotham and Family: $2950 to GOP.

• James Auffenberg and Family: $28,000 to GOP; $6,000 to one Democrat candidate.

• Michael Maroone and Family: $60,000 to GOP; $8,500 to two Democrat candidates.

• Jerome Fader: $6,500 to Democrats; $2,500 to Independent Joe Lieberman.

• Stephen Fay and Family: $13,500 to GOP.

• William Numrich: $20,000 to GOP.

• Robert Carver: $10,000 to Democrats including $1,950 to Hillary Clinton, nothing to Barack Obama.

• Robert and Linda Rohrman: $24,000 to GOP.

• Frank Boucher, Jr. and Family: $18,000 to GOP, $1,000 to one Democrat candidate.

• Scott Bossier: $4,300 to GOP.

• Todd Reardon: $17,000 to GOP; $2,000 to one Democrat candidate.

• Russ Darrow and Family: $78,000 to GOP.

• Bradford Deery and Family: $24,700 to GOP.

• Charles Gabus and Family: $30,000 to GOP.

• Brian Smith: $15,500 to GOP.

• Michael Schlossman: $14,000 to GOP; $14,000 to three Democrats ($12,500 to Sen. Russ Feingold).

• Don Hill: $11,000 to GOP; $12,800 to conservative incumbent Rep. Heath Shuler.

Bottom line (or not):

I have thus far found only a single Obama donor (and a minor one at that: $200 from Jeffrey Hunter of Waco, Texas) on the closing list.

Severed Chrysler dealers are already making a fuss in federal bankruptcy court, trying to halt Judge Arthur Gonzalez’ approval (on Wednesday) of the asset sale which will create “new” Chrysler. perhaps this is a disinformation campaign. Perhaps not. Either way, even if the fix (as in canine fertility) was in, it doesn’t look like they’re going to stop the train from leaving the station.

Link. Couldn't be...besides, it might be better for Non-FoO to be done with Chrysler now.

That is quite a stretch to say the least. Most small business owners are staunch Republicans and have been for decades. Nothing new there. Nonstory period. I do support the dealers however and feel they should be given more time to sell their remaining stock and get their house in order. The treatment they have been given is very shabby and needs to be rectified this week.

Of course, the question that needs to be asked here is how many dealerships in total donated to each candidate. Could be that hardly any Chrysler dealers donated to the Obama campaign at all, so there were none to be closed.

Gotta love the conspiracies that come out of such things.

Of course, the question that needs to be asked here is how many dealerships in total donated to each candidate. Could be that hardly any Chrysler dealers donated to the Obama campaign at all, so there were none to be closed.

Gotta love the conspiracies that come out of such things.

How much did Chrysler donate 10 washers, a couple of bolts and a few IOU's gotta say l bet they were not awash with cash to donate at the last election.

Who did Ford dealerships donate to Nick?

Gotta say l like Obama he has got a nice smile and a good singing voice thats gonna take you "Higher & Higher" he has been left to pick up the pieces by Bushie. Never has their been more popular President in Europe as Obama, no one here liked Bushie apart from Blair who was a legend in his own eyes he thought he was some kind of Churchill (Delusions of grandeur), but 60 million Brits thought he was a just war mongering idiot, so did the rest of Europe..

I don't feel that sorry for Chrysler dealers. I mean it's not like they didn't have advance warning back in the 70's when the Aspen and Volare came rolling down the assembly line. :D

Gotta say it was all Walter's fault he should have never died.

Hillman Imps were their downfall in Europe, if only they had those boring dull bland cars of today back then things would have been so much better 40 years later today :hysterical:

How much did Chrysler donate 10 washers, a couple of bolts and a few IOU's gotta say l bet they were not awash with cash to donate at the last election.

Who did Ford dealerships donate to Nick?

The issue is the DEALERS, not the companies. The dealers last year likely had PLENTY to donate. To that end, I'd wager Ford's dealership owners donated to much the same campaigns as Chrysler's did.

The issue is the DEALERS, not the companies. The dealers last year likely had PLENTY to donate. To that end, I'd wager Ford's dealership owners donated to much the same campaigns as Chrysler's did.

Regardless of who donated to whom, it's not logical to think that only Republicans would be hurt by dealer closings.

What I find difficult to stomach, is that by this time next year many will have forgot the level of interference the Government has committed in this entire process.

Regardless of who donated to whom, it's not logical to think that only Republicans would be hurt by dealer closings.

If most of the dealerships' owners are Republican (which is quite possible) then it would only make sense that they shoulder more of the burden. Since it's impossible to find those numbers anywhere though, it's rather pointless to argue about it.

What I find difficult to stomach, is that by this time next year many will have forgot the level of interference the Government has committed in this entire process.

Now that I can agree with. Maybe not by next year, but probably by the next presidential election.

If most of the dealerships' owners are Republican (which is quite possible) then it would only make sense that they shoulder more of the burden. Since it's impossible to find those numbers anywhere though, it's rather pointless to argue about it.

I may have spoke too soon. Things that make you go, hmm.

......Apparently, a politically connected group of Democrats who own six Chrysler dealerships not only were allowed to keep them, but their competition was deep sixed......

If order for there to even be a GM, Ford, and Chrysler in the future....about 40% of their manufacturing capacity has to go away. Since Ford hasn't taken any Gov't money yet, they get to make their dealer closing choices. The Gov't gets the final say on the others. It's a tough world.

BTW....without some Government money....how is Ford going to compete with a streamlimed low debt GM...where GM has the balance sheet advantage?

BTW....without some Government money....how is Ford going to compete with a streamlimed low debt GM...where GM has the balance sheet advantage?

Through its own debt liquidation. Unlike GM, Ford's bondholders have shown a willingness to swap debt for equity. I would expect Ford to make another debt swap somewhere down the line again which will bring them quite in line with GM's most-bankruptcy finances.

And again, all the debt reduction in the world won't help GM if they lose all their customers during the bankruptcy process.

They're both still crazy. The right wing nuts seem to have a bigger megaphone these days though.

The louder ones are so loud that they cannot hear what they are not saying. Hence, a D Pres....tush limburger happens to smell the worst and bloviates so much that he is meaningless............R's, get over it and get on with it..........what does this crap have to do with cars anyway?

You'll still have debt if you can't get anyone to buy your cars....the new GM and Chrysler might be in for a big shock when everything is said and done and the customers don't come, unless they offer cut rate deals which I'm sure would wind them up in court with Ford and other manufactures claiming they have an unfair price advantage.

Plus GM is going to have to pay back at least part of the debt to the government...and if they don't the Tax payer is going to be pissed. They are going to think they got money from me through my taxes, I'm not going to give them any more of it willing.