Bloomberg says GM to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Monday

TomServo92

My family and I have owned GM products for 50+ years. Notice, I said we did! We had Cadillacs, 427 Corvettes, Toronados, 455 Cutlass, and countless others.......

A Big part of the problem that is General Motors is there terrible dealer network. For The past 6 years my family and I have been trying to buy a Cadillac DTS, Chevy Trailblazer SS, Corvette, a Tahoe and most recently a NEW CAMARO!!!!

These dealers are either "married" to these vehicles with there pricing or they refuse to let us test drive these vehicles.

My most recent experience was when I tried to go in to view a NEW 2010 Camaro on the showroom floor. Not only was it locked, but the sales manager and General Manager of this Westchester County N.Y. dealer refused to open it up to even let me sit in the vehicle. He said I had to buy the vehicle before I was allowed to even sit in it! This was the final straw!

If any dealer thinks that I am going to give them close to 40K for a vehicle with out ever sitting in it, they are out of there minds!

I called General Motors about this on a special hotline number, and after investigating this they said every dealer is independently owned and operated and can do what they want! Real Nice GM! I guess just as long as Obamanation continues to write you a check every quarter, you don't care whom you offend. The offending dealer would not have a 3 way conf.call with the GM rep. The rep then suggested I find another dealer. I told him this whole story and the only thing he could tell me was, "That I am Sorry"

I have seen this type of scenario play out in GM stores more often than not.

General Motors has some great products out there, but all the great products in the world cannot compensate for dealers that are horrible. My family and I have been to many GM dealers in the NY NJ area, and about 90% are horrible to deal with! A family member who works at the dealer can verify this and he has also echoed my concerns. I am curious if this is going on across the rest of the country?

Every time my family and I have had an experience like this, we have gone straight back to FORD. There is a reason that Ford is doing so well and GM is not. It's not only the credit crisis, it's also the GM dealer network.

Ford/Lincoln - Mercury Dealers have always treated us with the utmost respect and want our business. As someone who trades cars every 3-6 years, GM needs us more then we need them!

My family and I will continue to look at GM vehicles in the future, but we will continue to put Fo.Mo.Co. vehicles in our driveways.

Signed,

The family that drove GM Products for 50+ years and have been driving Fo.Mo.Co. since 1991!

Absolutely the worst way to treat a potential customer is to not let you sit in the car. Riverhead Ford/Mercury, where I bought my Freestyle was about as nice and accomadating as anyone could expect. I would definitly buy again from them.

I do not wish for GM to go away, but I hope they learn some leassons and restructure the organization because of BK. But we'll have to wait and see on all accounts.

Now my Ford dealer will let you test drive any vehicle on the lot, with the exception a few on the show room floor, such as GT500 KR's, GT40, Sanderson Stangs and Shinoda Stangs. Now I've seen people take those for test drives, but those were the people with intentions on purchasing these cars, not just joe blow off the street wanting to test drive one for the hell of it. Usually these are locked up on the show room floor, but there more than whiling to open them up individually. I always figured this was to keep people and kids waiting at the dealership from getting in/out and messing with items within the vehicles.

I have had some bad Ford dealer experiences, but usually never with sales. You know in sales, you're everyone's friend. Where I've had issues more often is regarding service or the lack there of. I've learned of the few dealers in my area that I can deal with, the others I just pass on by.