Quick Spin: 2010 Transit Connect

Your Focus does not have a 4.10 final drive ratio, so the Transit Connect can actually carry a significant load, especially in urban areas. The poor little engine just screams at highway speed, which is why the highway fuel economy is so bad.

My Focus has a 3.92 I believe, I know it's 3.90 something, and I've got a better geared 5-speed, so the marginal FD ratio is lost with a 4 speed auto.

Concur, especially when better alternatives are available.

I just don't want to see it get bad reviews as I really like the vehicle.

Edited by Blueblood

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Nick said, it doesn't make sense for them to ship the 2.5 over, teach the plant people there how to install it for the short time they'll be producing it for US consumption. Isn't production supposed to begin here relatively soon (like the next couple years, if that) ? I'd think when production shifts here, you'll see new, more efficient and powerful powertrains.

Don't you think it's a wise business move to start selling new vehicles with the right powertrain on day 1, one of these days? I'm just sick of always waiting until next year to get the new/improved engines. And it gives Ford a black eye in the press, and we know perception rules, and if you want to change people's minds about American cars, doing things the old way isn't going to cut it.

My Focus has a 3.92 I believe, I know it's 3.90 something, and I've got a better gearwed 5-speed, so the marginal FD ratio is lost with a 4 speed auto.

I just don't want to see it get bad reviews as I really like the vehicle.

if its design is kept in context it will be fine.....pretty obvious what its designs intent is...but I'm sure such meaningless stats as skidpad, dragstrip and 80 mph cross country trips ( and whatever else they can jimmy up outside its obvious designs parameters), will be mentioned in the interests of journalism....

Don't you think it's a wise business move to start selling new vehicles with the right powertrain on day 1, one of these days? I'm just sick of always waiting until next year to get the new/improved engines. And it gives Ford a black eye in the press, and we know perception rules, and if you want to change people's minds about American cars, doing things the old way isn't going to cut it.

perhaps...but it hasn't quelled interest in my office from those with COMMERCIAL needs.....

if you want to change people's minds about American cars, doing things the old way isn't going to cut it.

The old way was to bill a powertrain to a specific vehicle, deliver vehicle and powertrain at the same time, set astronomically high sales goals, fail to meet them, fleet out the thing, and then cancel it.

BECAUSE THE DANG THING'S BEING REPLACED IN A YEAR AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez. Ford's got nothing better to do than throw millions into a low volume Turkish import that's being replaced in about 18 months.

THEN WHY NOT IMPORT THE EURO-SPEC FOCUS HERE SINCE WE'RE NOT GETTING IT FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS??? PEOPLE SAY WE SHOULDN'T BECAUSE A NEW ONE IS ON THE WAY IN 2011, BUT THEY ARE DOING IT WITH THE TRANSIT!!!

perhaps...but it hasn't quelled interest in my office from those with COMMERCIAL needs.....

I think the people that buy those fugly Honda Elements would be interested in it too, it has way more utility, looks a million times better, and is a superior vehicle in every way. The Sprinter seems to be pretty popular around here, I think a smaller version will do well for those not wanting such a giant van.

I'm a stupid moron who knows that when I type in this bad of a font no one will read what I write. And since no one will read it, no one will reply. That will make me feel like I've won the argument, so I can resume my autoerotic activities.

Oh fer crying out loud, if you're going to use a bad font color, at least use one that has some contrast with the background!

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Is that what Ford said their reason is?

It makes a hell of a lot more sense than 'let's just do it to piss of blueblood and the 50 other people in North America that fantasize about Ford of Europe cars' because, if anything, not dropping in the 2.5 6 speed into the TC is the same move as not importing the Eurofocus.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense than 'let's just do it to piss of blueblood and the 50 other people in North America that fantasize about Ford of Europe cars' because, if anything, not dropping in the 2.5 6 speed into the TC is the same move as not importing the Eurofocus.

Yea, that's exactly what I said.. :rolleyes:

Because we already have a Focus.

US: Focus

EU: Focus

US: ZILCH

EU: Transit Connect

See the rather significant difference there?

Another significant difference: Labor rates in Turkey must be considerably lower than they are where in the rest of Europe. It would probably be much harder to build any profit into the C1 Focus being imported here. I still don't even see how the TC will make any money being imported...

Don't you think it's a wise business move to start selling new vehicles with the right powertrain on day 1, one of these days?

You mean like the 2010 MKT and Taurus, both of whom get the 350+ HP 3.5L EB on day 1 (or at least really close to day 1)?